Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

IanT

Members
  • Posts

    2,187
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by IanT

  1. hi guys, has anyone got the secondary server address setup in sophos enterprise? if so what web address is it? asking as I want to push that address out so laptops etc can use it for updating when teachers are at home
  2. double the rate if you want it on a Saturday - :confused:ay?!?!?!?!?
  3. from what I've been told the 50mb/s isnt what its cracked up to be Samuel L. Jackson: 50 mega bit per second.......the mother of all broadband - HA! ok........
  4. I know a few mates of mine who have upgraded to the 50meg service.............. still slow capped rubbish these are the words from them av fun!
  5. IanT

    64 bit servers

    Thats the one think we got a download of 2008 R2 beta on our MSDN site
  6. Symantec Endpoint Protection Sophos AV
  7. IanT

    64 bit servers

    Most servers now are 64-bit, we got a IBM xServe which has 2008 64-bit, runs lovely I think the next server version of windows is just going to be 64-bit I heard.
  8. IanT

    Cheap laptops

    Im after more quotes or web sites...... A teacher has come to me with £1,219 to spend and he wants a few laptops, any good cheap web site/education sites do any deals?
  9. IanT

    ICT Vision

    The school is turning into an academy BUT they are not doing the ICT part of the BFS I've been told by the head. I think I would like to visit a brand new school and see what there ICT is like, anyone know any great new schools to visit?
  10. IanT

    ICT Vision

    My school is opening up a new school in 2010 and the head needs some form of ICT Vision, I want to be part of that and I want to give her an ICT Vision for the school, does anyone know where I start, any web sites?
  11. Before I become a Network Manager I worked for a IT outsourcing company.......lots of fun, differnt faces and places each day
  12. Who wants to quote me for 20x 3Com Wireless 7760 AP's?
  13. Im sure Maplins did IP Cams......
  14. I went college got my a-levels, worked part-time during that as a ict techie at a school, then went onto a IT outsourced company then bk to education sector as a IT Network Manager at the age of 23 so must be doing something good!
  15. IanT

    Snow!!!

    Our school is closed today again, I walked down tot he station about 12 for a walk and tracks are still covered! im getting rather bored at home now!
  16. MCSE - Good Qualification, as I've said before I wouldnt care if you had a MCSE, doesnt prove you are good technically at XP or Vista. Not a single company I've ever worked for has asked for this or care about it. Regards.
  17. IanT

    Snow!!!

    by the looks we will be closed again tomorrow.
  18. I've been told by the head to send an all staff mail out saying the school is closed/cancelled
  19. IanT

    Snow!!!

    Im going to go dig my car out soon and put it in the garage lol Just had a call from the head teacher saying school is closed/cancelled
  20. IanT

    Snow!!!

    haha, its making me laugh im watching from my windows and u got people trying to DRIVE! in it:eek:
  21. IanT

    Snow!!!

    Well well well..........got up at 5:45...............walked down the road at 6:15AM! No trains! at all, no buses! you couldnt even see the tracks!! its just mad!! and the snow is almost up too my kness!!! :eek:
  22. I've just drove home in it, I drove in the purley/croydon area! its coming down fast!! Cant wait for tomorrow morning when i get up at 5:45AM!!!
  23. I know, it shouldnt of kept crashing the service though. Working now
  24. haha I had this earlier and then about 5mins later I had my MOTHER on the phone saying "My Laptop has a virus help!!!!"......................."No mother calm down its just a google thing, chill!!"................awwww mums
  25. I had a problem a few weeks ago, logging onto one of our Windows Server 2000 servers, it added my printers to that server and crashed the spooler.exe got a patch though and fixed it
×
×
  • Create New...