-
Posts
2,187 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by IanT
-
Best thing to do is team the network cards. What make are they? Intel? RealTek?
-
where u moving onto?
-
We use HP at a lot of our sites, I hope they dont pull out of the networking market! i enjoy install\playing with the procurve stuff!
-
as above, just plum the command in no ip helper-address, wr mem done!
-
How To Guide: Deploy VNC via Group Policy
IanT replied to FN-GM's topic in Network and Classroom Management
ummm thats very interesting, I got it working on Windows 7. -
How To Guide: Deploy VNC via Group Policy
IanT replied to FN-GM's topic in Network and Classroom Management
I dont quite understand this thread about deploying VNC......... Just download: RealVNC - VNC® Deployment Tool (VNC Deployment Tool) and you can push the free vnc version out with a config file. I did this at my last place, deployed to 300 machines within 30mins with config file. -
Netgear ekkkk! - horrible switches, would touch them at all! Im in the process of ripping out 2 schools with Netgear gig switches and replacing with new HP stuff.
-
If your not looking for gig the ProCurve 2610-24-PWR are good switches
-
I've just deployed a 5406zl and above looks okay. Take a look at this: http://cdn.procurve.com/training/Manuals/3500-5400-6200-8200-MRG-Jan08-2-IGMP.pdf Also have you enabled IGMP on the edge switches where you multicasting from? see below: vlan 20 name servers tagged 45-48 ip igmp exit you need to enable this for each vlan on the edge switches
-
Hi, I do a lot of stuff with HP ProCurve Kit - I'm in the process of rolling out 15 2510G-24 and 48G Switches, you can get the 2510G-24 for about just over £300ish, excellent switches. These are all lifetime warranty.
-
TOA is fine and simple, when ever I create a new network I always pick a nice and simple NETBIOS name, like WWN or CHC etc
-
did I read that correctly!
-
I would always advise when building a HP Server to use the HP SmartStart CD\DVD - Can make life a lot easier! I had a client a few years ago trying to install 2008 onto a DL380 G3 just using the 2008 media - had raid problems etc, told them to download latest SS CD\DVD and worked!
-
Hi Dragon, All my 2910 Series are running: Version: W.14.49, ROM W.14.04 I've installed many ProCurve 2910al-48G-PWR (J9148A) and updated the firmware fine on these, I do find the 2510 Series firmware can be a bit dodgy though, I updated the firmware on a 2510G last week and the firmware update process went a bit mad, switch rebooted about 8 times before I could recover and fix it! I would say I am not too keen on the procurve update process, if you doing it via the GUI it doesnt show you the progress of the update. Easier via TFTP
-
Interesting - What error or problem are you getting, I have BE 12.5 running on 2008 R2 and installed fine.
-
£50 for a cat5e patch panel! you can get a cat6 off ebay for £10! - CAT 6 NETWORK RJ45 PATCH PANEL 24 PORT 1U 19 INCH RACK | eBay UK You could also get a couple of cat5 Line Couplers and extend the cable.
-
Frankie Boyle makes me crack up!
-
Symantec forums are quite good........ Enterprise Support - Symantec Corp. - Backup fails with the error "AOFO: Initialization failure on: "\\\Shadow?Copy?Components". Advanced Open File Option used: Microsoft Volume Shadow Copy Service (VSS). Snapshot provider error (0x80070
- 1 reply
-
- 1
-
-
Best place to start learning about networking? (IT technician newbie)
IanT replied to MelodicBrush's topic in Wired Networks
Buy your self a couple of routers, firewalls and switches off ebay and learn that way! - way I did it. -
We run a MS Lync server, integrates with OWA 2010. Has its own application MS Lync 2010 I beleave ours is run on a Xeon Quad Core with 8Gb RAM, HP ProLiant DL360 G6
-
Willowfield Humanities College ICT Systems & Network Manager APT&C Scale PO3 (£33,510 - £36,306 pa) 36 hours per week, 52 weeks per year Required from September 2011 an experienced colleague to join the school as our ICT Systems and Network manager. Willowfield is a successful 11-16 mixed comprehensive school with 600 students on roll. As a Training School and an Investor in People we pride ourselves in making the development of our staff a priority. The successful candidate will play a key role in the strategic leadership of ICT throughout the school. In particular you will provide technical assistance to maintain ICT infrastructure, hardware and software in order to support the successful delivery of the curriculum and ensure dependable service from all ICT based school systems. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A CRB check will be taken up on the successful candidate. Willowfield is well served by road links to London and Essex, and Blackhorse Road station is close by. Please telephone or email for further details and application form. Closing date: 7 July 2011. Interviews: w/c 11 July 2011.
-
- 2
-
