Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

IanT

Members
  • Posts

    2,187
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by IanT

  1. My personal opinion is to get a job and build up your experience - worked for me and I don’t have any M$ or Cisco certs and I do a lot of heavy IT projects and have a very good job - IT qualifications are overrated. What I also do is buy aload of servers\switches\routers etc etc off ebay, build them, break them, fix them – all fun!
  2. Done! - have the council really got nothing better to do!
  3. I would part agree with gwendes above. The way I learnt was buying servers and switches off ebay, playing around with them all at home, breaking them, fixing them! - thats the way i learnt and it stuck in my head!
  4. pm me please then
  5. One of the academies I work in the office is the server room - doesnt really bother me!
  6. If anyone is interested in doing some temp ICT Technican work in a very sucessful and respected acaedmy in the london area - please PM me for details Urgent Start!
  7. MelodicBrush - I've PM'd you. Thanks
  8. Yup - got, setup and used these - excellent controllers never any issues! Got a controller with 80 AP's hanging off it
  9. IanT

    Hi all

    I left school at 16, went into college and managed to get a part-time job as a ict technie at a school around the corner to me, then went full time once i left\finished college, went onto senior techie, network manager and a ict manager - all experience!
  10. do some work ant!!!!
  11. lol - i know him by email - dunno about good looking!
  12. Do BT Infinity offer static ip's?
  13. spread the love!
  14. Good Luck - Where you going (job wise)?
  15. Hello, I've installed a few ProCurve E5406zl cores, excellent switches
  16. Whitgift School | Home
  17. Just curious, you got a smarthost setup on your box? Here is a good artcle on tracking: Exchange 2003 Message Tracking and Logging How to troubleshoot for Exchange Server 2003 transport issues How to track Message in Exchange 2003/2007/2010 - Messaging with Communications - Site Home - TechNet Blogs
  18. Tracking message is an option, it will show you exact status.
  19. Go into Backup Exec > Tools > Install Agents and Media Servers..... > from here you can add the servers you wish to push the agents too, it should also tell you if there are any updates to be deployed with the agent.
  20. One thing I would try which has fixed some issues for me in the past - run the LiveUpdate for Backup Exec, if there are any updates let them install and then push the updates out to the remote client - worked for me in the past!
  21. lmao - so true! well said
  22. Im sure this post has been on here before! I wont say anything about pay! honest!
  23. Totally agree!
×
×
  • Create New...