-
Posts
6,358 -
Joined
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by DalekSec
-
Same, 1 SSID multiple IP Ranges, the ol Ruckus and RADIUS!
-
You'll have to use their sister consumer focused site: https://www.bargainhardware.co.uk/components/graphics-cards/nvidia-graphics-cards Worth making sure w/e one you get works ok with Windows 10
-
K does have intergrated yes, if going AMD you're looking for a model with G on the end. No one is really going Intel atm unless you need something that is only supported on Intel CPUs like Thunderbolt* *Yes i know you can get thunderbolt on AMD now but it's much rarer!
-
Go AMD, you will not be disappointed. Only issue being is you'll need to buy one with intergrated graphics if you don't have a GPU. Also you have DDR3 RAM with a DDR4 Mobo and CPU, 3100Mhz is the sweet spot for AMD chips for price/performance atm. NVMe looks good though, i'd go samsung if possible tho they do the best.
-
[video] Where is the title, etc on this vid,? Am I the only one?
DalekSec replied to Protec's topic in Jokes/Interweb Things
That's strange!!! Found this one doesn't either! -
Other MDMs are avaible, we use Mosyle. Doesn't do what Jamf does but does what we need it to! Does a lot more than Intune (which isnt hard tbf)
-
Apple Announces The Apple Silicon M1: The end of x86?
DalekSec replied to flyinghaggis's topic in Mac
Thing to remember is the M1 is still a first gen product, there is going to be issues. Such as the bluetooth and having to force quit. I've always tended to stay away from the first gen of anything, then when 2nd gen comes along they've fixed a bunch of the issues and easier to get along with! Wish i could afford a new mac, i sold mine to fund a new one but have since been turfed out and looking for a place to rent! Mac fund is now deposit fund I miss my mac now.... -
Open it and find out, mine was coffee!
-
Suggestion : Set a time limit on when they can be claimed, unclaimed ones become a prize for a meme contest
-
I was waiting for you reply! I agree (Intune not being great for macOS), but I have to test it still as we don't have that much requirement on the Macs and could save £200 a year if it does the basic things we need!
-
Fixed it! I had to add the SN into 'Corporate Device Identifiers' in Intune.
-
Hi All, We are currently using Mosyle to manage mac and have done for a couple of years, I did try Intune back then but didn't do what we needed. Given it's been 2 years I think be a good idea to test to see what's new etc. to see if it now does what we need. But currently I'm not even getting as far as I did last time! I can't seem to enrol the Mac into Intune. I download Company Portal, follow the steps and once I get to install the cert it comes up with "Profile Installation Failed, Could not download the identity profile from the encrypted profile service. The credentials within the device enrolment profile may have expired. I've check all the connectors in Intune and all are in date and have no expired, the Mac is on an unfiltered network and it's time zone etc is set correctly. Any idea what this could be? Thanks Dalek
-
iPad printing - job accounting - Kyocera MFD - Mac mini..?
DalekSec replied to Koldov's topic in Mobile Devices & Tablets
Airdrop from iPad to a Mac, send to windows device .. print? Will save a lot of trouble and a lot easier than setting up what you had planned. -
What is your favourite and worst James Bond movie?
DalekSec replied to FN-GM's topic in General Chat
Personally, Norfolks Maddest Mans impressions of the films : -
My colleagues have nabbed the socks, they are too bright for me! I only own black socks! Or very very very very dark blue.
-
Thank you our has arrived! No golden ticket but I'm more than happy just with an AMD Lanyard (Might sound sarcastic not meant to be i love AMD atm!) Will have to buy myself a new backpack like a normal person I suppose!
-
We use Mobility Print for Staff and Pupils personal devices and GPO for domain. Looking into Universal Print soon as we use Intune in the hope we can push printers out this way instead of GPO
-
Whats this about a golden ticket!!! I hope i get an acer backpack, i've been after a new backpack for awhile now! I'm still using my school one ( I left school at 16 and i'm now 28...)
-
-
ICT Technicians - South Somerset 16k-20k Closing 19th March
DalekSec replied to DalekSec's topic in Educational IT Jobs
Last bump as closes on Friday -
[video] Churchill Sings the Best of Queen
DalekSec replied to 6Foot2's topic in Jokes/Interweb Things
I thought this was going to be the Churchill dog, i'm disappointed
