-
Posts
675 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by Abaddon
-
My D5000 is for sale following the acquisition of a D7100. This is a 12.3 megapixel digital SLR camera, with fold out LCD. Can also take HD movies. It's relatively small and light, easy to carry for the whole day. Full specs etc. here: Nikon | Imaging Products | Nikon D5000 It has around 8.5k clicks, and is mark-free, comes in original box with all original paperwork and cables etc. I've had this for a couple of years now, and have always looked after it carefully. There has always been a screen protector on the LCD (so that is scratch free), but I have just removed that as it was getting a bit ropey. I am also including: 1. Sigma 55-200 lens. No box or anything, and has minor wear marks on the barrel, but they really are minor. Nice tight zoom mechanism, and works perfectly. No marks that I can see on the glass. It comes with both end caps. There is no hood with this - I wasn't given one when I acquired it. 2. Battery grip, with additional battery, and two additional spare trays (one for a battery, one for 6 * AA batteries). This doesn't have the shutter release button - it's just a battery pack. Useful for long days shooting. In my experience, it takes over 800 shots easily on one battery anyway. 3. David Busch's Nikon D5000 book - a "proper" manual which actually explains things fully - which I found very helpful. 4. A 16Gb SD card. You won't be taking much without one! I want £250, to include insured, signed-for delivery (UK only - sorry). Thanks for looking. All items are shown here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ca560ww46vuql5z/QVk-1uwZKO
-
Must.. play... soon...
-
That man is a real hero - must have been a scary experience at the time though.
-
SysAid here as well.. does an excellent job, and we have no problems (with it!).
-
The Volume License Programme came to the UK some time back now, so that's not entirely accurate I'm afraid.. the Apple configurator happily handles both free and paid for apps.
-
Try this - had a similar problem with a Windows 7 machine a couple of weeks back. These instructions are for Server 2012.. •In “Server Manager” open the “Tools” menu and select “Local Security policy”. •Select “Network List manager policies” in the console tree. •Open “All Networks” properties. •Change “Network location” to “User can change location” •Now reboot to apply the changes. In the “Local Security Policy” editor you can also change the network type of your network if it listed by editing the properties of the listed network instead of the “All Networks” option.
-
Was last week for me - started on Thursday night, and was only resolved on Saturday night.. big problems with Tivo box. Seems they are having problems with other things as well - I use PistonHeads forums a lot, and there are problems connecting with that properly as well, which seem to be mostly a VirginMedia ISP problem.
-
My first phone was the Sony "Mars Bar".. RETROBRICK - the home of vintage and rare mobile phones I had used a portable brick (Panasonic, I think, with a red LED display), but the Sony was my first, personally owned phone.
-
Pcounter Secure Print Solutions - Pcounter Europe Complete and affordable network-oriented Print Accounting and Secure Print solutions
-
That's pretty cool Matt - how much was it, roughly, to complete?
-
That's fine, but still means that you shouldn't be attempting to do what you have asked. I doubt anyone here will tell you different. This is an educational IT site, not a site where you will learn how to bypass the security that has been put in place by our colleagues, for your safety. If you don't like the responses, don't ask questions you know you shouldn't.
-
Then go to the English Department, and see if they can help you formulate a question that actually makes sense, is complete, and doesn't make you look like a student trying to bypass network security.. oh wait...
-
Took an absolute age, and crashed twice.. but after fighting all day, got it working. Seems ok now... You feel better now, right?
-
We've had Aruba here since we first rolled out laptops - over 8 years ago. I have to "admin" it so infrequently, I've actually missed out using entire version upgrades until the next update comes out. I think we've had to replace 6 AP's in 8 years due to failure. We have over 100 AP's here, with another 35 to go up. It just works. It's complicated, yes, but it does seem to be a fire and forget solution.
-
2010 Middlesex
-
Same here - been happening most of the day I think.
-
Congratulations to you both (all three?) - must admit though, that 1st picture scared me to death.. looks like he/she is screaming to be let out already!
-
Back from the days of old, and programmable... Bigtrak: Amazon.co.uk: Toys & Games Come on - you know you want one...
-
Fair point!
-
Note is great in both versions. I've used it since it came out - no issues with size. I use a Bluetooth earpiece for calls - no idea why people make jokes about the size of it for phone calls, why would you hold it to your head?
-
Generally, make contact with the admin of the mail addresses you are trying to send mail to, and ask them nicely to add you to a whatever his equivalent of a whitelist is...
-
Try this: If you open up Active Directory Users and Computers and locate one of your users that is not working, Double-Click into the account and click on the Security Tab (if this is not visible, Click on View> Advanced Features from the Menu at the top of the screen then navigate back to your user). Once on the security tab, click on the Advanced Button and make sure that the ‘Include Inheritable Permissions From This Object’s Parent’ is ticked. Click OK twice to close the user account.
-
Halon is no longer used - we have an Argonite system installed in our server room. Not quite as human unfriendly as halon, but you still wouldn't want to be in the same room. There is a 30 second panic delay button installed near the door (just in case). The alarm that sounds is like the red alert klaxon on the USS Enterprise - how cool is that?
-
[video] Dubai Underwater Hotel: Would You Stay There?
Abaddon replied to 6Foot2's topic in Jokes/Interweb Things
I would.. but I doubt I could ever afford it..
