Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Geoff

Edu Supporters
  • Posts

    13,543
  • Joined

Everything posted by Geoff

  1. I have overhauled this recently. I'm using Sensu + Uchiwa for my dashboard. Metrics are via Collectd + Graphite Powershell Functions + Graphite + Grafana.
  2. Basically, when the warranty runs out. We then take a view of extending the warranty vs buying new equipment (we generally are extending warranties on desktops but buying new servers/laptops).
  3. added..
  4. Plot twist: Clarkson reported the incident to BBC head of television, Danny Cohen. Jeremy Clarkson approached BBC bosses about 'fracas' - BBC News The last line of the article being:
  5. Active Directory FSMO Roles — University Information Services (Academic & Infrastructure)
  6. Make sure you check where your FSMO roles are!
  7. Prefect opportunity for a spin off imho.. http://i.imgur.com/YSA60XW.jpg
  8. It got slightly confused. I have rebooted the box. Also took the opportunity to upgrade all the packages. I've added a cronjob to have the machine reboot at 4am daily. That should keep things going smoothly.
  9. Yes I have this working completely. I will have to document it anyway, so I'll redact and share once that's complete.
  10. I don't think so as it works on UUIDs now.
  11. Note that I specifically didn't want to use Samba. Therefore I'm using sssd to allow PAM logins with AD credentials via LDAP/Kerberos. I have the UNIX schema extensions installed on my DCs. My Windows File server is exporting the Users share via NFS. My linux machines mount this NFS share under /home/domain/ and users UnixHome are set in AD to point to this (Powershell is helpful here to automate this). This allows for full Single Sign On via SSH (leys are stored in AD, Putty Pagent is used for key based passwordless auth) with users home dirs mounted in Linux as ~ (which is what I care about).
  12. No... Check the first post.
  13. The server is working fine.
  14. Yep, I'd agree with that. Thermal expansion or maybe ic2 to start out. Then just pick a mod and work up it's tech tree.
  15. Quitter
  16. I've added you.
  17. I found a load. I've left 10 at your house.
  18. Added - - - Updated - - - Whats your minecraft user name?
  19. I'll check the Nether tomorrow. I'm sure I've seen some. Also check the Twilight Forest. It sounds like they might spawn in the fireswamp biome there too.
  20. I have bees, so flowers are constantly spawning outside my house. I'll put some sand down and see if I get any.
  21. There's a decent house at spawn the regulars have been working (I fixed the ComputerCraft Portal code just last night) on for you to cower in. Just watch out for the Bloodmoons...
  22. Yeah, that's where I found it. I had to fix it for using a proxy though. I'm also tinkering with a variation called 'Get-Pooh-Bother'. It doesn't work reliably yet due to the nature of the source web page. function Get-Pooh-Bother { (Invoke-WebRequest http://www.goofy.narod.ru/pooh/trash/18.html -OutVariable excuses).content.split([Environment]::NewLine)[(get-random $excuses.content.split([Environment]::NewLine).count)] } Here's the output (I've trimmed the blank lines). PS H:\> Get-Pooh-Bother "Bother!" said Pooh, as he felt Vader's presence. PS H:\> Get-Pooh-Bother Bother, said Pooh, as he reached for the reset button. PS H:\> Get-Pooh-Bother Bother, said Pooh, as his starship disintegrated. PS H:\> Get-Pooh-Bother "Bother", Said Pooh, I need a sauce for piglet. PS H:\> Get-Pooh-Bother Bother, said Pooh, and called in an air strike.
×
×
  • Create New...