Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Geoff

Edu Supporters
  • Posts

    13,543
  • Joined

Everything posted by Geoff

  1. @LiamH I had need of wither skeleton bones however your base was in a state of neglect. I unbunged your mob grinder. The chests were full. I've told it to throw away zombie flesh. I manually threw away some other junk. I took anything I thought I could use. You also ran out of mob essence. I've turned the wither skeleton spawner off as it had been left running (probably by me). I also fiddled with your computercraft powered mystcraft portal. It wasn't running on server start, so I've fixed that. However the books aren't cycling and I don't know why. I've left the server spawn book in as that takes you to a working portal anyway.
  2. *SPOLIER* (highlight to read, @ZeroHour, can we get spoiler tags ) There is a rather small list of blocks that, when placed close to a research table, can cause this. - Infused stones, crystal clusters, grass, fire, water source blocks, lava, placed redstone dust and repeaters, brain in a jar, bookshelf Y-level and light level are considered too. Every 600 ticks the table scans its surroundings, 8 blocks in every direction. When it finds a block that is on the list, there is a random chance that a bonus point is generated. Different blocks have a different chance for adding bonus points (Crystal clusters have a higher chance than infused stones). Most blocks only work for one primal aspect but brain in a jar and bookshelves can add bonus points for any aspect, chosen randomly once per block per scan. Since bookshelves have a very low chance to add a bonus point and scans only happen every 30 seconds, it can take a long time until a given aspect gains a bonus point. Interesting sidenote: Regular research points (from scaning, decconstruction, combining) are stored per player (and shared by any table, no matter who placed it), bonus points are stored per table. Multiple tables can have bonus points for the same aspect that can be used individually. *SPOILER*
  3. Yep, add phials of goop first (which are dead easy to fill once you have the thamic energistics setup). Then throw item in. eg. balance shard is 2 of each primal aspect minus the shard you're going to use. So I normally throw 5x phials of the relevant colour then throw in 4x of my most common shard. This gets me 4x balance shards back for not a lot of effort. Prior to using phials and mulitplying aspects by 8x to get round numbers of apect phials being used you end up with a horrible purple mess and venting vis into the atmosphere all the time.
  4. You might want to look at my Thaumic Energistics setup
  5. I can make a Tool Dynamism Tablet. Tool Dynamism Tablet - Feed The Beast Wiki
  6. @Sephiroth How is that killing the endermen. I have a need for ender shards but they only drop from endermen in the end when killed by a 'player'.
  7. What's the root cause of this? It sounds completely out of whack from what I'd expect.
  8. (Not a school) ~320 users. November totaled 356,895 pages in 139,180 print jobs. The average job size is 2.5 pages. Yesterday we did 18,282 pages in 6,789 print jobs. Yielding a slightly higher average pages per job of 2.7. We have no print quotas / controls. I only have the papercut logger. All printers are leased photocopiers.
  9. Decidedly dastardly
  10. Yes they can. I remember in the dim and distant past I had a modpack that had no tesseracts or endertanks. So I ran a rail line through a mystcraft portal to the nether and picked and moved lava with a tank cart. I don't know how well a multi-cart train would hold up to interdimensional travel though.
  11. Hook up some redstone control. If the chest is full, turn off your breeder.
  12. getting a bit wet outside again...
  13. Kiosk distro do the trick? Porteus Kiosk - free and open source kiosk software for web terminals.
  14. rebuilds the initramfs for the latest installed kernel (the initramfs was missing and caused the kernel panic in your screenshot).
  15. That's not apt-get autoremoves fault. Doing an apt-get dist-upgrade would of tried to build the files in /boot at which failed due to lack of disk space. You would of got a warning about this at the time on the screen and in the log. You should also have you free disk space monitored in some fashion. Remember, Linux will burn your house down without warning if you tell it to. Linux assumes you know what you are doing at all times. That said... update-initramfs -u to unbreak the situation once you have some disk space back.
  16. sudo apt-get autoremove will clear out old kernels and initramfs from /boot
  17. I think as the SaaS cloud based offerings become more prevalent, Techs are going to have to get used to either doing pure user facing/desktop/device support (ugh), or support infrastructure (yay). The traditional application support is going to disappear.
  18. Well there is that, the licensing costs for education from M$ are so cheap they are basically giving stuff away.
  19. Linux is really good in your server room or running your networking gear. It's also really good in the cloud (either running it, or being run on it). It's also really good in your pocket running on your phone, but that's mostly Google's fault. The Linux desktop, such as it is, is an unsolved problem. I suspect mainly because FOSS does not attract great UI designers. The other issue I think is that it's too much of a culture shock for people coming from Windows.
  20. I was in the canoe club at uni, we did various bits of the Tees on several occasions.
  21. I think end user application support would be your sticking point. If you can get everything on terminal services/cloud based then you'll be fine.
  22. Heh I've canoe'd down that.
  23. It wasn't all bad news. Video: Storm Desmond causes Malham Cove to become stunning waterfall for first time in centuries - Yorkshire Evening Post
  24. CJ confirmed the problem. I notice you are using a texture pack, that would explain the difference.
  25. I was making capacitors to upgrade my stirling generators. I was also making an advanced item filter for the conduit involved in my ender quarry setup.
×
×
  • Create New...