-
Posts
13,543 -
Joined
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by Geoff
-
Yeah, due to all the extra mob types cows are a bit rarer than normal. On the flip side ATG does like to generate large amounts of plains biomes, so there's more neutral animals overall (just look at all the pigs on my minimap in the screenshot I posted). What's the ETA on the server change @localzuk I have given up doing anything on the current server since you announced your intentions and I don't want to do too much in SP to avoid repeating myself.
-
No I didn't. Granted you start off on a tiny sand island. But swim NW to the shore and it gets really good. If you head further north across the inlet past the large trees you end up in a nice coastal inlet. I've built a hut there on my SP game. http://i.imgur.com/aku7vTj.png
-
I found a cool RTG seed @localzuk -5034007024218135477
-
Hopefully the difficulty inherent in the modpack will slow us down enough to keep us interested. I'm not sure if you can disable mods/items in the pack without breaking it. You'll have to be super careful about keeping the HQM progression possible for example. I suspect simply having HQM providing clear goals to work towards will help, it certainly kept me motivated in my Skyblock SP game.
-
I think RTG is the way to go. It produces very interesting world gen. Looking over the mod list in detail there's some cool mods I've been wanting to play with. RotaryCraft aside I like the look of ChromatiCraft, PneumaticCraft, Refined Relocation & Galacticraft!
-
I'm a little puzzled by the instructions for the revolution 2 world gen actually. It says if you don't have 6Gb of ram use Biomes a plenty world gen and not Realistic Terrain Generation. I don't see an option for RTG in the world gen setup..
-
Try not the screw up the world gen this time! I got eaten by a shark.
-
I've installed them both (I used the 'recommended' button for the optional mods) and I will have a play. Based entirely on the descriptions, I prefer Revolution 2.
-
I'd like something goal orientated. e.g. including the Hardcore Questing Mod (HQM). I recall the original skyblock pack had HQM + a multiplayer map so people could run it on a server. If there's a more up to date pack that's similar that would be my choice to run. Also TerraFirmaCraft is always a giggle.
-
I tried Trident on my server a while back. Even leaving it open. There was very little activity after about a month.
-
@localzuk there is a massive number of endermen around xalents base. I've murdered a lot but there are still lots left. I think it might be lagging the server. I've disabled his enderman spawner.
-
Most if not all of the Z87 chipset boards can not handle more than 32Gb of ram. Otherwise (I think?) I'd have to look at C226 based chipset boards.
-
UPS is 1000VA, so the UPS will shut down before the PSU get's overloaded. PC Part Picker estimates the load to be 524W.
-
Mulling over getting a new gaming rig. How does this look? PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor (£257.80 @ Amazon UK) CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 82.5 CFM CPU Cooler (£67.98 @ Ebuyer) Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste (£11.27 @ Overclockers.co.uk) Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD4H ATX LGA1150 Motherboard (£177.57 @ PC World Business) Memory: Corsair Dominator Platinum 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR3-1866 Memory (£199.26 @ More Computers) Storage: Samsung 850 Pro Series 512GB 2.5" Solid State Drive (£167.94 @ Aria PC) Storage: Western Digital BLACK SERIES 4TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive (£166.74 @ Aria PC) Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 970 4GB Twin Frozr V Video Card (2-Way SLI) (£268.98 @ Amazon UK) Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 970 4GB Twin Frozr V Video Card (2-Way SLI) (£268.98 @ Amazon UK) Case: Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower Case (£69.98 @ Amazon UK) Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 650W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply (£71.99 @ Aria PC) Optical Drive: Samsung SH-224DB/BEBE DVD/CD Writer (£11.49 @ Ebuyer) Wired Network Adapter: Intel EXPI9301CTBLK 10/100/1000 Mbps PCI-Express x1 Network Adapter (£25.63 @ Amazon UK) Total: £1765.61 Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-01-14 15:50 GMT+0000
-
sounds like it's bricked. In these sort of situations (my only experience is with home routesrs) you have to solder on a jtag cable and reflash the eeprom with a compatible tool using a PC.
-
I got a LG Urbane for my birthday. It's great. http://cdn02.androidauthority.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/lg-watch-urbane-aa-9.jpg LG Watch Urbane: Discover LG's Premium Smartwatch | LG USA Although it's currently pretending to look like an Omega Seamaster Deville. https://facerepo.com/app/faces/details/reproduction-1c-14e4414ccc6
-
https://www.facebook.com/notes/facebook-engineering/introducing-login-approvals/10150172618258920
-
I don't think any of the other item transport systems are much better. Maybe AE2 but I'm not sure.
-
@LiamH I was after bones not heads. So I opted to use my own weaponary with higher damage. Oh I also borrowed your reinforced obsidion tower's basement to kill a few withers, the etheral glass kept getting blown out by the wither explosions though. You might want to fix that.
-
Sian Welby's managed to sneak in a few Star Wars puns into channel 5's weather report last night.
-
If you want to be a complete isolationist hermit you could live in the Twilight Forest, or your own Mystcraft dimension.
-
@LiamHaith you don't need a controller. An 'adhoc' network can have 8 devices.
