-
Posts
5,005 -
Joined
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by Hightower
-
Click it and you'll get the larger image
-
And people might think the same about you, "how could they possibly justify paying tech_guy £x a year to sit on EduGeek. Obscene."
-
Yeah, give it a crack yourself on a test setup. Also, can your LEA not support you in moments like this?
-
Every time we get Phil Dowd, I question his abilities! Look, I haven't said it's not sexist. Their comments were sexist. Mistakes are made though, so lets not hang them for a petty crime. I would never ever have a go at the liner (finally, a word that doesn't discriminate) because of her gender - I think she is VERY able, as this picture shows: Anyhow, I'm going to have a kit kat, and try and renew my insurance - now where's the number for Sheila's Wheels......
-
I understand what you are saying. All I'm saying is it's not as big a deal as you are making out in this instance. There's even some women (the ones that are allowed to speak) have said that it's not a big deal. I'm glad you're not on the comittee of our Working Mans Club - you'll be allowing women in the bar next....
-
I'm not saying ignore anything. I'm saying how can you make such a big deal out something which the 'victim' hasn't even been offended by.
-
I heard that Murdoch doesn't actually own Sky Sports. That there's a take-over in process but this has been delayed. Could be wrong though. I know, it's gonna be freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaking awesome! As for all this she says he says marlarky, it's funny how the linesman/woman/person/female referees assistant (can a female assist a man? isn't that derogitory?!) involved in the whole thing isn't even bothered by it. It seems she's more bothered that it's caused such a fuss. Some people need to get a life, rather than finding fault in every little thing.
-
Nigella Lawson? Personally, I will continue to call female referee's assistants linesmen. I don't mean it in a derogitory way. It's a title to a job, and anyone that reads into it too much needs to get out more.
-
Shame - liked the look of it, but don't want to go messing with DMZ's and things
-
Is this the only way to do this? ie green and red can't be in the same subnet right? or it wont work as a proxy with just a green will it?
-
How do you have that setup @webman? Do you use a green & red interface? How are those interfaces configured?
-
hippysoft.eu
-
Yeah, something called Class of Services in Zimbra - my docs show how I set up a staff CoS and a student CoS, with different rules (like staff get 1GB where as students get 40mb). As for web content filtering, I think you need a different solution for that (if I'm on the same wave length as you). I wouldn't install a proxy server to the zimbra server as they are completely different jobs, but if you are using VM's why not make a new VM with Ubuntu and stick Squid proxy on there. I did that about 3 years ago for a whitelist, and it works really well (which I also have install docs for)
-
EduSoft.net
-
Ooooh, that's just reminded me mate. Not as advanced as @webmans solution, but we use Moodle here which uses NTLM to auto-log users on to Moodle. Then in Moodle we have an add-on that the users can click to auto-log onto Zimbra using keys and stuff. The beauty about it is, I've wanted it to do a few things (auto-create users, bad word filter, disclaimer) and each time it pulls it out the bag.
-
Here's the documentation. For the 3 parts I missed, I've just added links to where I found the instructions from. I know it looks like a lot of work, but we had ours up in no time, and it's been trouble free since (touch wood). Plus, there's plenty of great people on here to get you up and running if it's the route you decided to take. Zimbra Installation v1.2.pdf
-
Zimbra has built in spam functionality, and in 2 years it's been pretty impressive. What do you mean about proxy roles?
-
Yeah, we have an ESXi server with Zimbra on as a VM - makes backing up easier as we just use a python script (ghettoBackup) to take a snapshot to a NAS each night. Then, if there's a problem you can just restore the snapshot instead of having to dig down into Linux commands etc.
-
You may, but I've just checked and it seems I didn't update the documentation for the following: Automatically creating users (with a python script) Creating a bad word filtering system Applying a disclaimer to all outgoing emails Although there is documentation on the web for this, I like to have it all in one place so leave it with me for a mo while I update these details, and remove anything personal like IP's etc. Will post it up as soon as it's ready.
-
I set up Zimbra from scratch about 2 years ago. I think the recommended OS was CentOS, but I went with Ubuntu as it's what I know. I documented the process from start to finish, including SSO setups etc, which I might be persuaded to give you if you ask nicely
-
I don't understand this response? I can't see where it fits in. That's like me coming along and saying (randomly I might add) that ICT Technicianing is only a job.
-
I love reading match reports, especially of games I've watched. It's good to get someone elses opinion on the game (as long as it isn't Andy Gray's).
-
You must be a woman then! Ms Toms? Or maybe it was 2-0 when Blackpool got the penalty, thus scoring the penalty brings the score to 2-1?
-
When you were younger - did you do a website...
Hightower replied to SimpleSi's topic in General Chat
Reading them from 2010 isn't so great either -
It seems the BBC are at it again. If he had saved the penalty wouldn't it have been 2-0 you clowns?!
