DavetheITguy
Members-
Posts
193 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by DavetheITguy
-
ICT/AV Technician - Yorkshire - £15882 - £16998
DavetheITguy replied to kearton's topic in Educational IT Jobs
Who's leaving HACA ? -
Hi, Guys/Ladies, Quick question, I'm looking for an alternative to Forefront TMG as it is unsupported as of April this year. I've looked into Smoothwall but it's a bit expensive, can anyone suggest any good alternatives. Thanks, Dave
-
ICT Systems Administrator Job in West Yorkshire Available
DavetheITguy replied to DavetheITguy's topic in Educational IT Jobs
https://wamdcli.webitrent.com/wamdcli_webrecruitment/wrd/run/ETREC105GF?USESSION=01CFC46AB8AD11E3BD74E95738C8A051&WVID=1R0q139950&LANG=USA here is the link for the job -
Looking for a Job in IT within the Education Sector
DavetheITguy replied to toths06's topic in Educational IT Jobs
Where are you based, there is an ICT Systems Administrator job in West Yorkshire. -
ICT Systems Administrator JOB in West Yorkshire
DavetheITguy replied to DavetheITguy's topic in Educational IT Jobs
Only 2 days left on the application closing date is 14th March 2014. -
ICT systems administrator job at Oakfield Park School take a look Oakfield Park School
-
Why don't you deploy the software via Group Policy, that's how I send the software out the all the computers in the school. The other option is you are really struggling is to make an image with the CIP 2 on and then use WDS to deploy the image to each pc. ( 2nd option if not on RM system). Hope this helps, if you need anymore info let me know and I'll talk you through it. I've got all the MSI's for the software.
-
ICT Systems Administrator JOB in West Yorkshire
DavetheITguy replied to DavetheITguy's topic in Educational IT Jobs
Hey guys, I've finally got the information for my old post, It will be going up today on the school website. Let me know if you are interested and stuff you can download the application form from the website aswell http://www.oakfieldpark.wakefield.sch.uk -
I need help, I've installed it but I cannot get it to work with AD, it wants me to add the users manually and won't see them from AD. help please.
-
ICT Systems Administrator JOB in West Yorkshire
DavetheITguy replied to DavetheITguy's topic in Educational IT Jobs
keep an eye on the school website. Oakfield Park School under vacanies. -
ICT Systems Administrator JOB in West Yorkshire
DavetheITguy replied to DavetheITguy's topic in Educational IT Jobs
yeah it looks a really nice place, everyone is really nice and the technician I am managing is brill, got a lot of things planned for the academy. Where is it you have moved to ?. Did you happen to leave any documentation on the network and any of info on the Sims ? What kind of budget were you given and how did you order things ? -
do you use a junction box on the wall or is it a cable from one to the other
-
Hi Guys, My job at Oakfield Park School has become available, I've moved on and become Network Manager at an Academy. My old post as Systems Administrator is Grade 6 Term Time Only,The job hasn't been posted online yet, as soon I have the documentation I will make it available. I have given 4 weeks notice meaning that it should be posted pretty soon. Let me know if you are interested and I will give you more information and hopefully an application form.
-
Outlook setup for users who do not have a Windows 7 roaming profile
DavetheITguy replied to Darylrese's topic in Windows 7
try this, I cant access my work computer to check but i think it is this, Under User Configuration\Administrative Templates\ Microsoft Office Outlook 2007\Tools | Accounts settings\Exchange, double-click Automatically configure profile based on Active Directory Primary SMTP address. Click Enabled, and then click OK Let me know if this works, if not i'll take a look at my config on my server. -
I had this problem, the school I work in works fine on IE9, as soon as we upgraded to IE10, proxy would not apply. Group policy doesn't work on IE10 and above in server 2008 r2, I have tested using server 2012 and the group policy applies fine. Microsoft haven't really thought about people who are still using server 2008 and older systems. You can use, WPAD by setting settings via DHCP and IIS, Using PAC settings. there are plenty of ways if you search google. But I would recommend staying with IE9, of everything works fine why bother changing it.
-
Outlook setup for users who do not have a Windows 7 roaming profile
DavetheITguy replied to Darylrese's topic in Windows 7
You can use the adm template that can be downloaded from Microsoft, under outlook settings you can configure it so that the mailbox will configure automatically, I would strongly recommend disabling cache as well, this will allow new mailbox users to appear in the address list instantly rather than waiting for it to refresh. -
What is the pay scale ?
-
HELP Upload problem in IE9, 10 and chrome
DavetheITguy replied to DavetheITguy's topic in Home Access Plus+
is there anyway I can force the browser to use IE9 upload either deleting the option to use IE10 upload system etc, as when i set the browser to use IE9 capabilities it uploads fine. Staff members are too lazy to set the capability in the browser themselves -
IT Systems Admin looking for a new job either the same title or higher e.g. deputy network manager, or even network manager. I have 2-3 years of experience of working in the education sector. I am able to manage a team effectively so this wouldn't be a problem. I keep up to date with technology. I have knowledge of VMware, Hyper-v. Active directory, Exchange 2007,2010 , Server 2003, 2008 r2, Windows XP, 7, 8 , windows deployment and MDT, and more.
-
HELP Upload problem in IE9, 10 and chrome
DavetheITguy replied to DavetheITguy's topic in Home Access Plus+
I've contact the provider of the reverse proxy and they are wanting to know if you know what setting it could be filtering out. Thanks -
HELP Upload problem in IE9, 10 and chrome
DavetheITguy replied to DavetheITguy's topic in Home Access Plus+
How do I rectify this. what do i need to change on my reverse proxy ? -
HELP Upload problem in IE9, 10 and chrome
DavetheITguy replied to DavetheITguy's topic in Home Access Plus+
many thanks, I will get this changed ASAP and let you know when it is done -
HELP Upload problem in IE9, 10 and chrome
DavetheITguy replied to DavetheITguy's topic in Home Access Plus+
I've just tested all browsers internally and they all upload fine. What do i need to change on the reverse proxy to all this on all browsers ? Thanks -
HELP Upload problem in IE9, 10 and chrome
DavetheITguy replied to DavetheITguy's topic in Home Access Plus+
we use a reverse proxy to be able to use the HAP service externally. is this a problem ? we can upload fine in IE8, it's just chrome and IE9, IE10
