-
Posts
4,417 -
Joined
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by Haptic
-
Ha indeed I do....crikey it is Friday! I don't often make them but that is a good one........killer.
-
Having bought a 40" 1080p Toshiba myself about 5 months ago which is absolutely brilliant picture-wise, has more outputs than I can through a stick at, has the regza link and streaming capabilities I have been very disppointed with the sound. In fact it was that bad, I have had to opt for surround sound. (that is genuine and not just what I told the other half before purchasing the surround sound!) So my main point would be check out the sound as well.........learn from my mistakes! Hope it helps. Chris
-
Those nice folks at Toshiba have decided to put together some educational bundles, for all schools running from the 1st till the 30th June 2011. Simply put, get these FREE: Toshiba Notebook Starter Kit III- USB mouse, USB Hub and Carry Case http://img833.imageshack.us/img833/6544/toshibastarterkit.jpg and a 3 Year Warranty Extension for education When you buy any of the following: Toshiba Satellite Pro C660-1LP Intel® Core™2 Duo T6670 - 2.20 GHz / 2GB RAM / 250GB HDD / 15.6" / DVD-SM / Windows® 7 Professional 64-bit Toshiba Satellite Pro C660-1LR Intel Core i3-380M / 15.6 / 2GB / 320GB / DVD-SM / Windows 7 Professional 64-bit Toshiba Satellite Pro C660-1NQ Intel® Core™2 Duo processor T6670 - 2.20 GHz / 4GB RAM / 320GB HDD / 15.6" / DVD-SM/ Windows® 7 Professional 64-bit CP Ltd Account Application Toshiba Satellite Pro C660-1NR Intel® Core™ i3-380M Processor - 2.53 GHz / 4GB RAM / 320GB HDD / 15.6" / DVD-SM/Windows® 7 Professional 64-bit Toshiba Satellite Pro C660-1T0 Intel® Core™ i3-380M Processor - 2.53 GHz / 4GB RAM / 320GB HDD / 15.6" / DVD-SM/ Genuine Windows® 7 Home Premium 64-bit Contact your account manager for pricing or visit our new website to apply for an account
-
Hello tech_guy, I have PM'd you. Chris
-
Hello Chris, I certainly can and my apologies I wasn't a little clearer in the first place. Firstly, I must state that some of these models would only apply to schools and colleges who have a Microsoft EES Licensing Agreement in place. The reason being, some the Lenovo All in Ones come with Windows 7 Home Premium. The Lenovo All in One A130, A700 and B500 all come with Windows 7 Home Premium as the Operating System with the B500 being the highest spec with this OS. Lenovo also have two All in One models that come with Windows 7 Professional and they are the A70z and the M90z with the M90z being the higher spec'd model with this OS. These have all been very popular so far with our educational customers this year. I think this is mainly due to the price and the preferred All in One style that seems to be the case in the educational IT sector at the moment. Chris
-
Ha ha someone curious about me hey.......makes a change! I recommended the Lenovo all in ones as they are a really good price at the minute or to go down the build route in our case this would be Zoostorm. The Dells are very good machines but this is refelcted in the price and likewise the same is true of the HP 8000 Elite with the specific HP monitor that mounts directly onto the base to make an all in one style machine. Although the HP 8000 does come with a 3 year warranty already included which is not bad at all. We sell a lot of all of the above into education but the Lenovos are proving very popular at the moment to be honest. Hope it helps RTFM and thanks for asking! Chris
-
I have PM'd you. Chris
-
Great shout, the 'Khetto' is home to some of the most infuriating lemming-esque pedestrians known to man. Even with zebra crossings and traffic lights every 10 yards they'd much sooner swagger across busy roads. Its a wonder Jeremy Kyle has any audience members left.
-
Nice touch Tone, sadly you're missing the point. Mine wasn't an argument, unlike others I have an opinion that I can apply without the need for trolling/petty arguments. My point was merely that those reading into this thread as if bestowed with the authority and holiness of the Pope's personal chauffeur should as I said...get a grip/potting shed/head height mirror to speak in a patronising tone to (save yourselves the carpal tunnel)
-
You think? You should have seen the answer I really wanted to give. Eldergeek ladies and gentlemen: Case and point. Joe
-
Sorry folks..I have to jump on this one: Only ever had the pleasure of riding bikes in Thailand, rode around like an absolute madman on some of the craziest roads ever...no harm done. If bikers/Matt want to ride around in a way that upsets some (albeit easily upset) folk....fair play to him..after all how many bikers have caused real harm to car drivers/passengers? Emotional damage maybe, a foolish rider getting turned into pavement pizza in front of the general public. The point remains the same, we're all responsible for our actions on the road, bike or otherwise. I'll take a ride with a maniac I can trust, sooner than a 'safe' driver that's hesitant or nervous whislt in control of a vehicle. And as for the way the thread has spiralled off, some folk on this forum seriously need to get a grip...or a hobby. Fair play Matt, oh and the Breathe remix on the video is gnarly. Joe
-
My friends in 'The Uprising' are playing there this weekend, I'll grab 20 mates and swing by for a cuppa Russ, about 3am ok? (We'll leave the goats outside...perhaps!) Joe
-
Congrats... are you island hopping? Joe
-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sz_lX1Ldqac Lee Majors - The Unknown Stuntman No beating it! Chris
-
CP Ltd talking about Ruckus........just for a change! As many of you are aware we have supplied and installed Ruckus into many schools and colleges nationally as well as many businesses outside of the Education sector. We have seen a lot of referral business over the past 3 years of supplying Ruckus and we think that this should be rewarded moving forwards. It is recommend a friend time! So, we are giving away a £50 capital bonds voucher for your school - All you need to do is recommend us to another school/colege or business regarding Ruckus. When they contact us and mention your name we will make a note and then if they go ahead with the order, whether it be hardware only or hardware and installation, we will reward your school with a £50 Capital Bonds Voucher.* Please note that this offer is valid until July 31st 2011. So tell your friends to call us on 0845 249 1779 or email us at [email protected] for a Ruckus Quotation and make sure they mention who told them to call! We look forward to hearing from you and remember there is no limit on the vouchers so the more friends you tell, the more vouchers you could be receiving for your school/college. *Minimum order purchase in order to qualify for this is 1 Zone Director and 3 Access Points and support.
-
I used to play the tuba in the brass band at our school..........yes the tuba. It was the b flat tuba as well! No laughing please. Chris
-
Hi PCSTRU, this would be right up our/ our sister companies street, i'll drop you a PM with some further info.
-
Fiat 500 Abarth....fun, economical and they pack a punch! I saw it reviewed on top gear (other car review programmes are available to view) So I booked a test drive at our local fiat dealer at the time just to see what they were actually like first hand and I have to say they were really very good indeed. Give it a try Fatmas. Hope it helps. Chris
-
Which model was it as I have one and now I am worried? The picture has always been excellent, however it is the actual tv sound that lets it down for me. Surround sound soon sorted that though! Chris
-
Hi Chris, we can help on this, shall drop you a PM to discuss. Thanks
-
Hi Dragon, main question would be- what would you like it to do? Thanks, Mark
-
I completely agree and I am not a fan of the blame culture at all, but if you are off work and lose money because of your injury then you should be entitled to compensation. I am afraid that it is the few who spoil it for the many and claim for evrything under the sun that I have a real problem with! (Separate Rant!) The school should have insurance though as maniac has mentioned. Chris
-
We always aim to beat any price and supply projector bulbs and indeed projectors for that matter. We are always worth a call!
-
I have PM'd you IKWeb Chris
-
Just been reading up on the tech behind the Samsung and it does look intriguing going for a LED with LCD setup rather than the LED/blue laser/ DLP within the Casio. If the brightness is comparable then at that price, for that sort of lamp life, the Samsung certainly looks like it’s a worthwhile investment. I'd be interested to hear how you get on with it.
