Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Jiser

Members
  • Posts

    499
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Jiser

  1. Yo I did kinda same thing as you though I had a year out in the 'real world', then worked part time in an Infant and Junior school for a year half in final year of uni and then a few months after. Its nice to be the sole tech, be the person everyone comes to, 'respected', get to make decisions, meet lots of people etc. However I made the move to Secondary for lots of reasons and if you want to get more experience and learn more thats your best bet. Also as a team member you can learn of them and experience team working which seems to be so important nowa days. IMO you should definitely move to Secondary even if the money is worse and you are at a Junior level, just for the exposure to new things, experience and working within a team. It doesn't have to be for ever either. There is a big difference between levels of schools, no.1 there many times the size. What looks better on the CV an admin of St.Clements Juniors with 40 computers or admin of St.Andrews Secondary School with 600 + computers and associated things such as Exchange server etc etc. Anyway you probably get my point.
  2. Jiser

    Star Trek

    Film was great. Pegg and Chekov fitted the parts well but were odd choices and slightly strange in their approach. Also I felt old Nimoy was quite wooden in his acting almost which is really strange considering all the original films have been great. I am very annoyed such a rubbish film such as Angels and Demons now beats it in the charts. Reviews between the two films are a big difference. Roll on Star Trek - shame about the change of universe though (That annoyed me quite a bit)
  3. Try this? Works for us. REGEDIT /s wsus.reg c:\windows\system32\wuauclt.exe /detectnow gpupdate /force /boot Plus download the latest WSUS client version - 3.0 I think? Had to delete/re register the susclientI.D. in registry and also that helped as well.
  4. Has anyone found a fix for this? Ive tried a hell of alot of things on the goog with no luck so far.
  5. Another year closer to BSF. Excellent costumes here. Was lol. From old ladies to fat costumes, bat lady and rapunsel.
  6. Would be nice to get it working. Ubuntu won't download for me half of the apps from the ubuntu site though for some reason halfway through installation. Even though the site is included in the allowed list. Maybe still something to do with proxy, who knows. Not working for me though.
  7. Going to try moodle for VLE stuff, my manager did an evil laugh though when mentioning time consuming bits such as trying to integrate it with things. LDAP / SIMS
  8. Would love to be out and about like that! < Young, free and single. Thats type of job I will be aiming for by 30. 7 years to go. I don't see how any of the braindumps out there are legit anyway. Some of the question lists Ive seen can be useful for testing yourself. Any braindumper with an MCSE would be found out anyway.
  9. Those wages don't surprise me. Considering they pay starting 23-26k for their graduate scheme basic not including bonus for a field service engineer (preferably to have knowledge of windows networking) . Can quite easily see that after a few years time to 40k. All that tax payers money gotta go somewhere!
  10. I know of cleaners and lolli pop ladies who are on more than me. As cheap as you can get away with nowa days. Can't blame them. If I was incharge I would be doing the same.
  11. 3 Dedicated I.T. suites!! Sounds big. Bad school in past, wonder how it is getting on nowa days + size of team etc
  12. 1 year at one, 1 year and 1/4 at other. Nearly 6 months at current one.
  13. Thought I would be nice post these I got emailed a week ago - 'really need to sign off those emails.' There are 4 I.T. Tech roles in different parts of Hampshire: School vacancies See link above ^ Gd luck
  14. Heres some of what we do. Use clonezilla now instead of ghost. The server is a bit difficult to setup but there is a live version of both. We also have an intranet from which logins of all machines/laps are logged + print budgets + job logs/fault reporting etc system - all developed in house. Scripts e.g. Bat files run a hell alot of things. WSUS server for windows updates Monitoring we do in spot checks via VNC. Smoothwall and swgfl block everything bad.
  15. Was only in San Diego a week or so ago and came back with soar throat, lung infection/cough. Just spreading the swine virus about school.
  16. Sweet! I guess there was no better place than that really. Considering they wern't using it, you got a good place there.
  17. Put a giant picture of yourself on the wall. Posing by a wooden fireplace, with small white dog on lap or beside you. Or cat if you want to be like blofeld. The evil I.T. witch! So which room did they give you - if your talking about me old school? Hopefully the server isn't to far for those poor lil comps to handle.
  18. Good I.C.T skills IMO is perhaps someone who knows how to put together a computer, knows how it works, maybe has gone through A-Level ICT courses and has at least some sort of basic networking knowledge?
  19. The lower tech, required to change the toner is gonna be better off surely? Cheapest
  20. Would be good to see how things have changed. TSmith said I should pop in say hi at some point. Maybe after easter as off on hols to america tomz. hEARD the system team is pretty big nwo. Has Dan moved on now? Cheers
  21. Allready been posted Dave. Good luck to the applicants.
  22. I had quite a few jobs from pchomehelp.org. Also the website takes a rip off amount of money from you. Shame though - its drying out now.
  23. Just an informed guess: Bournemouth, Poole, Christchurch news, sports and jobs. Dorset and Hampshire what's on and leisure
  24. Only 4 houses up the road from my house - would be a 2 minute walking commute litterally. My old skool. Good school. Lots of money going there. + Good NM etc. Really big systems team as well. Shame though allready got a job and wouldnt want to apply and I like having all the holidays as teachers do woop U should apply witch more money Assistant Network Manager. GEETT DOWN!!
×
×
  • Create New...