Jiser
Members-
Posts
499 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by Jiser
-
Might be related. SP3 changes fdeploy.dll which mucks about with redirection. If you restore SP3 fdeploy.dll with SP2 fdeploy.dll might help. Cheers
-
If your just starting out for the CompTIA N+ A+ MCDST. Are you working towards any academic stuff? Like degree or NVQ etc? Might be worth looking into those.
-
Can't wait for this. Used to be in the U.K. team for starcraft bw. 7 years of online play. Still playing now if anyone fancies a game send me a PM Be warned tho it will be a GG very quick =D Beta is coming soon. Will be out this year for def I heard through the grape vine
-
I would think companies like RM/outsourcing would be the next step for those looking to stay in 'education'. Following on from that? 2nd line/ field engineers/ I.T. engineers etc. Bumped up with a few certs, your sweet. But I stand by my original opinion, progression in schools is very non existant/rigid. It is litterally, someone leaves and you take place (just an assumption).
-
Theres not realy alot! Tech/Senior Tech/I.T. Manager/Director
-
We rarely ever get snow down in Dorset - first in quite a few years I think. Was a nice change. For the first time in a while whilst coming out of my drive, I slightly skidded good times So many schools closed in the area, including my old school which I live at the back off? Yet now everything is fine? Its lol, crazy! Why? It was fine to get to. Look what happened to Canada/U.S. recently, it was crazy over there. People live in -10 odd every day for many months. Yet here its a big big thing!? O well my school is open so, working as usual. Now its a sunny nice day!
-
Holidays - Can you take them during term time?
Jiser replied to leonard.powers's topic in How do you do....it?
all school holidays here. One or two days can be moved around to work in holidays if important I am sure. The others work normal hours/times and have holidays in term time. O btw: I was going to make a post about this. Anyone seen and clicked the advert on this website? Jeees... nice jewish guys take these guys home to mom! check it out! 2009 calendar -
I product test quite a few of the exam simulators. I can recommend Boson.
-
If I was the tech I would want learning materials - books/practice exams/cd's/videos. Courses are generally a rip off anyway no? So why not spend the 500 quid a day course and buy loads of stuff for them, maybe even cash left over for an exam. N+/A+ are still electives for the MCSA/E & the Security + is also. It would be great if all schools offered training/CPD for technicians.
-
Thats alot of stuff. 3 I thought wud have been standard/max though if the network is setup good. TBH I personally think as i said just now, if you have a well run network you don't need to many people anyway. Ive seen some people here say they have like 350 pc's and maybe 100 laptops only and there are 4 people tbh thats alot ?
-
Hey dude, self study? Why waste money on a course!! Save your self a hell of alot and do it at home or after work. CertForums will offer alot of advise. MCTIP is next line of microsoft exams. 2003 exams will be around apprently for another few years yet before being retired. Best to do MCSA then upgrade, Or MCSE. (Only one upgrade exam) Anyway have a look at that forum, plenty of info on there. CHeers
-
I had pipex, amount of problems with them. Was told my network was on tiscali at some point last year, loads of problems with that. They didn't tell me new settings either. Recently have had numerous drops of my connection over and over again. Espesh annoying when your winning a game of Starcraft online and it drops off for the 20th time. It was also annoying last year when trying to finish my dissertation/prepare for exams etc. Nightmare. Tisacli/Pipex you are total bllx!! Also I do not get what I pay for, no where near!!!
-
I am 1/4 scottish!
-
A cup of green roiboss tea, tin of baked beans, a poster for books for schools.
-
Graduate seeking employment as Trainee IT Tech in West Midlands
Jiser replied to Graduate's topic in Educational IT Jobs
I just went on a few job websites. There are loads of I.T. jobs. As you have one year of experiance you shud be fine to go into a 1st line help desk role. Then once experiance/knowledge is shown you will be moved further up the food chain. -
New ICT Support Technician - Needs Advice - Please
Jiser replied to james_richards's topic in Educational IT Jobs
I looked on the job list on the council website. There was a job so I applied. That was working for two schools back in 2007. Then I saw another job on the council website. So I applied for that been @ current one since start of Dec 08. I have just graduated to well finished 4 year course last may/june - keep looking. Check into grad schemes to. Easy. If you have a year of experiance + degree you should be ok soon enough. Hope your not just looking @ educational jobs. Plenty of other industrys with a requirement for I.T. staff -
Yup, over wrote it with one in dll.cache then replace the one in the dll.cache and it has a paddy!
-
Had further issues with this. Fdeploy.dll recreates itself as a sp3 version, then try to change it in dll.cache doesn't work either as error message comes up saying it wants to change it back. Any other problems with this?
-
Ford Fiesta 1.4 Zetec Sport Ghia 16v is mine. Next stop, the next model of fiesta
-
Most ridiculous thing you have given an IP address to?
Jiser replied to HMCTech's topic in General Chat
A boiler. Tho tbh its part of the big networking thing now in heating systems so you can remotely manage. Still tho at the time it was good times. -
[ame=http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=kTqrhhzrUCg&feature=related]YouTube - The Royal Navy Gone Wrong[/ame] or the alt: [ame=http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=27fcAXBQbOU&feature=related]YouTube - The Royal Navy Recruitment Ad- Alternative Ending[/ame]
-
Doing voluntary work within RM network, will it help?
Jiser replied to donradious's topic in Educational IT Jobs
Dude everything you do volunteering or otherwise (i.t.) is gonna help!! Try to implement some new changes etc etc. Don't let them take the micky tho, can't volunteer for ever. -
Automobiles were always a good invention~! National express is good tbh. They have discount prices for kids and always loads of coaches going + always on time. I always use them and have never had any problems. Though I did drive past the greyhound murder scene in Canada. So always sit @ the back so you know whos where.
-
Basically we are simply advanced mammal calculators living on a small planet in the middle of nothingness! Alot of incidents, wars and tension has been caused by so called people of faith.
- 224 replies
-
- anti religion
- atheism
- (and 10 more)
-
I know an old thread but recently found issue today was to do with fdeploy.dll in SP3. Replace that with SP2 fdepoly.dll and sweet!
