-
Posts
1,402 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by ADMaster
-
For shopping we use out of milk, it appears to have a to do list as well, but never used it myself. I use google keep for notes both at work and home. Google tasks may also be an option. I've not used it for years, it appears to be redone or just more prominent with the gmail update. Google calendar can send email notifications.
-
+1 for Algo, I have 3 of them. When the phone rings I can hear it all the way down the hall. It does need registered to the phone system as a sip device. My system an IPECS has something called personal groups, so I add the Algo's extension to a personal group with the phone. Then it rings with the phone when it is dialed.
-
I've heard of folks using appointment slots to do it, but I have no experience with it. https://support.google.com/calendar/answer/190998?hl=en I think our staff share a google sheet. A paper form is sent home and the parent selects 3 time slots in preference order, then the staff fill in the sheet and send back a paper form with their slot. Its not high tech, but its the way they are comfortable with. I did manage to get them on google sheets so that's a step in the right direction.
-
So it sounds like the bug is fixed now, but I'm still going to wait.
-
I've noticed in the Google admin console a place to fill in title and department etc. I've not filled it out for my users yet, but does that not display somewhere to end users?
- 5 replies
-
- display name
-
(and 2 more)
Tagged with:
-
I'm sure there is a cleaner solution out there, but I want to give a starting point for those in a similar situation. Here is a work around to add several ipads all called ipad to a azure ad group. Please vote up the feature to do this easier here. https://microsoftintune.uservoice.com/forums/291681-ideas/suggestions/20162884-allow-the-use-of-device-serial-number-when-assigni I exported a list of devices from the web gui into csv filtered out the devices I needed and put the devicesids into a variable used get-azureaddevice to get the objectid based on the device ids the used add-azureadgroupmember on the results. I only needed this for 10 devices so did it by hand, but I'm sure the SNs could be put into a variable then the rest done with import-csv. Are there any commands I've missed that would allow me to pull devices direct from powershell by SN? Any tips on this welcome.
-
I won't miss it at all. For those of you who are google admins, you can disable api access. This is what I've done this year and gone with a whitelist only approach. https://support.google.com/a/answer/7281227?hl=en
-
Brill, here is what I ended up doing. It was so simple after seeing your example, I just needed a second pair of eyes on it. I will now expand the list of properties I put into the csv. This sample doesn't see the results array get populated or guardiansfile defined, that is further up the script. Thanks [color=#000000][font=Consolas][color=#0000ff]$[/color][color=#001080]CSVArray[/color] = [color=#0000ff]@()[/color] [color=#0000ff]$[/color][color=#001080]prevsid[/color] = [color=#0000ff]$null[/color] [color=#0000ff]$[/color][color=#001080]prevpri[/color] = [color=#09885a]0[/color] [color=#0000ff]$[/color][color=#001080]pri[/color] = [color=#09885a]1[/color] [color=#af00db]foreach[/color] [color=#0000ff]($[/color][color=#001080]rec[/color] [color=#af00db]in[/color] [color=#0000ff]$[/color][color=#001080]ResultsArray[/color][color=#0000ff])[/color]{ [color=#af00db]if[/color][color=#0000ff]($[/color][color=#001080]rec[/color][color=#795e26].enrollstatus[/color] -ne [color=#09885a]0[/color][color=#0000ff])[/color]{[color=#af00db]continue[/color]} [color=#af00db]if[/color] [color=#0000ff]($[/color][color=#001080]rec[/color][color=#795e26].sid[/color] -eq [color=#0000ff]$[/color][color=#001080]prevsid[/color] [color=#0000ff])[/color]{[color=#0000ff]$[/color][color=#001080]pri[/color] ++ } [color=#af00db]else[/color] {[color=#0000ff]$[/color][color=#001080]pri[/color] = [color=#09885a]1[/color]} [color=#0000ff]$[/color][color=#001080]rec[/color][color=#795e26].priority[/color] = [color=#0000ff]$[/color][color=#001080]pri[/color] [color=#0000ff]$[/color][color=#001080]prevsid[/color] = [color=#0000ff]$[/color][color=#001080]rec[/color][color=#795e26].sid[/color] [color=#0000ff]$[/color][color=#001080]CSVArray[/color] += [color=#0000ff]$[/color][color=#001080]rec[/color]} [color=#0000ff]$[/color][color=#001080]CSVArray[/color] |[color=#795e26]Select-Object[/color] -Property contactid,priority,sid,lastname,firstname,relation,enrollstatus| [color=#795e26]export-csv[/color] -NoTypeInformation [color=#0000ff]$[/color][color=#001080]guardiansfile[/color] [/font][/color]
-
Yes reindexed as you describe is exactly what I want. Humans will not have much interaction, but the end result will be a CSV. I have the CSV portion of the code written, I'm just trying to figure out the reindex. Yes it is my MIS so not writing back. I have 3 purposes in mind and having a predictable index will help. 1. Our calling system will use this to map calling priority on who gets called. I could let them sort out the reindex on their end but have use of the reindex results for my own use. The call system also takes a csv import with student guardian pairs on new lines. 2. My food service system needs contact info, but only needs two. However they are student a both guardians on one line. I like to say if priority = 1, then fill in contact 1 etc. 3. The same goes for the bus routing software, one line per student and multiple contacts. The results of the sql query are put into an array, if I could do the reindexing direct on the array, perform all the if conditions and then write to csv that would be great. I'm thinking either multiple arrays to temperately hold the data, or multiple for each loops to process it.
-
I know I posted this late Friday, so here is a Monday bump.
-
+1 for Konica Minolta and Papercut. We own our devices and have an MPS. We pay per click / page and they supply toner and do all the servicing / repair. A nearby school is on a leased deal and owe a ton of money on them. Our finance team said we have leased in the past and it isn’t worth it, we always buy now.
-
Software to obtain serial numbers or service Tags on our network
ADMaster replied to superatticman's topic in Hardware
I use pdq inventory, it will gather all this info too. -
I’m not sure how to accomplish this, I’ve tried creating some arrays and nested for each loops, but I’m not getting the results I want. At this point my issues are both syntax and logical process. I have in a sql database (MIS) contact information for students and a contact priority assigned to each of those contacts. Most student’s priority 1 contact is a login account that I am filtering out, but that pushes the first real contact to #2. It is not consistent enough to just say priority = priority -1. In some cases what should be a priority 4 may be 6 or 7. Below is a sample set of data, contact ID is a unique id for each contact record, sid is the student ID number, all names and IDs changed of course. For each student I would like the priority to be 1 2 3 4, but follow the same order as in the database. Thank you [TABLE="width: 0"] [TR] [TD]CONTACTID[/TD] [TD]PRIORITY[/TD] [TD]SID[/TD] [TD]LASTNAME[/TD] [TD]FIRSTNAME[/TD] [TD]RELATION[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]109[/TD] [TD]2[/TD] [TD]390[/TD] [TD]Smith[/TD] [TD]John[/TD] [TD]Father[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]110[/TD] [TD]3[/TD] [TD]390[/TD] [TD]Smith[/TD] [TD]Jack[/TD] [TD]Grandfather[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]116[/TD] [TD]4[/TD] [TD]390[/TD] [TD]Smith[/TD] [TD]Jill[/TD] [TD]Grandmother[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]115[/TD] [TD]1[/TD] [TD]560[/TD] [TD]Smith[/TD] [TD]Sarah[/TD] [TD]Mother[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]110[/TD] [TD]3[/TD] [TD]560[/TD] [TD]Smith[/TD] [TD]Jack[/TD] [TD]Grandfather[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]116[/TD] [TD]4[/TD] [TD]560[/TD] [TD]Smith[/TD] [TD]Jill[/TD] [TD]Grandmother[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]107[/TD] [TD]1[/TD] [TD]921[/TD] [TD]Smith[/TD] [TD]Jane[/TD] [TD]Mother[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]112[/TD] [TD]2[/TD] [TD]921[/TD] [TD]Smith[/TD] [TD]Sean[/TD] [TD]Father[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]110[/TD] [TD]3[/TD] [TD]921[/TD] [TD]Smith[/TD] [TD]Jack[/TD] [TD]Grandfather[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]115[/TD] [TD]4[/TD] [TD]642[/TD] [TD]Smith[/TD] [TD]Sarah[/TD] [TD]Mother[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]110[/TD] [TD]6[/TD] [TD]642[/TD] [TD]Smith[/TD] [TD]Jack[/TD] [TD]Grandfather[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]116[/TD] [TD]7[/TD] [TD]642[/TD] [TD]Smith[/TD] [TD]Jill[/TD] [TD]Grandmother[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]
-
Youtube filtering - do you do it?
ADMaster replied to localzuk's topic in Internet Related/Filtering/Firewall
I completely disagree with what youtube considers restricted there is no rhyme or reason. Two recent examples, a khan academy video and someone singing God Bless America were deemed restricted. Yet students can watch fortnite, football and cats without approval. I have youtube restricted via dns for everyone and teachers are un restricted / approvers via g suite. I have found this provides a catch 22 for students to create their own channels and be able to sign in and watch approved videos. To the issue of needing to approve 850 videos, you can approve an entire channel. I found a topic on it on the cloud connect community, please go vote for it. https://www.cloudconnectcommunity.com/ccc/ls/community/g-suite-chrome-feature-ideas/post/5302178021638144 -
Can you just post it on the forum, so this doesn't turn into 100 posts of me too like the the stealing gpo thread? If you or someone else finds the original author, a mod can update your post to give credit where credit is due. Thanks
-
My most recent books have been. Hard Road by J. B. Turner. Thriller Technomancer by B. V. Larson. Supernatural / fantasy The Ludwig Conspiracy by Oliver Pötzsch Historic fiction. Maybe one day I can read the original. I also just found this site tonight, it lists good deals and free kindle / other ebooks. Bookbub I didn’t find a co.uk version, but clicking the amazon link and changing to co.uk worked for a few books I checked.
-
[1709, fcu] Projects to screen smaller then previous versions.
ADMaster replied to ADMaster's topic in Windows 10
Thanks @Arthur I don't understand, but that has fixed it. The projector was set to auto, with 1703 and earlier the projector adjusted appropriately. However forcing 4:3 did the job. I hadn't considered projector settings because the same projector worked fine with 1703. -
[1709, fcu] Projects to screen smaller then previous versions.
ADMaster posted a topic in Windows 10
My google fu is failing today, I either get results on dpi, projects, or physical screen size. When I connect to a projector with a 1709 laptop, the projected screen is smaller then if using no device or 1703 / w8.1 etc. The width remains correct but it is about 6" shorter on the top and bottom for a overall smaller image. The display driver between 1703 and 1709 are the same. I tried doing an update on 1709 with no luck. I tried an 1803 machine it has the display problem too. The graphics are Intel HD Graphics 5500 and the projectors are NEC NP310 connected via VGA. The native resolution of the projector is 1024x768 and the laptop 1366 x 768. The height 768 is the same, I'd expect bars on the sides, not top and bottom. Thanks -
Hi All, I now have intune with my new agreement and would like to migrate my ipads to it. I have to choose what is my mdm authority, SCCM or Intune. The documentation I've read boils down to, if I want to use SCCM to manage them or the web. Any other pros / cons / gotchas / personal experience? I'm leaning toward the web just for simplicity. What if I want to do hybrid sccm / gpo / intune on windows 10 devices? What does that migration path look like? Thank you
-
Yes you can listen to it from the website or app. It will tell you what it thought it heard and ask if that was right. However it does not give a date/time of when it heard things. I just checked mine and it thought I wanted to order flour. I played the audio and it sounded like someone in another room or the TV.
-
We got alexa from some free giveaway. The first thing I did was turn off voice purchasing. I've had it unplugged for months now. I'd be talking in another room and it thought I said alexa and started jabbering.
-
I’m not sure what the availability is in the UK but… We subscribed to CCC streaming in the past, it has a large education focused video library. We did not renew because it was not used very much, most teachers went to youtube. CCC! Streaming Media - The Premier Source of Educational Classroom Video I have heard of discover video but it’s expensive by comparison. I’m not sure the legal copyright aspects but if you already have the content on the network take a look at emby. I use it at home and as of May they introduced ldap to the paid version. https://emby.media/introducing-ldap-support-for-emby.html I suspect if you already own a copy it would be OK but I don’t know what the latest is on format shifting.
-
Adverts in Google Chrome
ADMaster replied to Olliesaurus's topic in Internet Related/Filtering/Firewall
I push ublock origin too. -
Hi folks, I’m working on a site upgrade / migration / redesign. I have a fresh install of Joomla with purity iii template. I have three schools I want to each have their own menu, but also links back to a shared menu for future proofing. I’ve created four variations / styles of the template and assigned them to each schools pages, and then a district style for the main home page / admin info for all schools. This has worked well. I have a submenu of links such as parent portals, online pay and forms. I’d like to replicate this menu to each school menu. Joomla has a nice feature that will allow me to copy one menu to another, this will get out of date if I add links later. Joomla also has a menu alias that will allow me to link back to the same menu item, however this doesn’t work for the entire submenu. Ideally I’d like to create and update the menu in one place, and the submenu for the other schools pull / reference the district wide menu. This would prevent doing the work multiple times and reduce the chance of human error in the future. I've tried creating a fifth menu of just these links and publishing that module, the formatting and placement are not very good. In the main menu bar along side everything else would be best. I'm going to look into the custom css to get the module colors to match the main menu, but the placement is still an issue. Thanks,
-
This forum section is a bit light on posts, but I’ll ask anyway. Anyone else working on the contacts migration for PS12. I know I need to call the LEA data folks next week and just have a chat. I’ve read a bit on the new fields, but think I’m going to have to download the data dictionary for myself. Looking at the new person table I didn’t see a difference between parent and student records. What is the identifying field? What other table do I need to look at to find the status? I’m going to have to rewrite a few scripts the query the DB directly. Specifically pulling out contact data for the call system. Hopefully once everyone is migrated and we don’t have so many custom fields it will be easier to integrate with third parties. Thanks
