Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

jamesb

Members
  • Posts

    2,502
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by jamesb

  1. We've got an Exchange 2003 server, and a strange issue with one account. This user's account was disabled back in 2006, and is forwarding it's e-mail to another user. The oddity is that this doesn't seem to be set through any standard exchange forwarding setting and I'm at a loss on how to get it to stop. It's definitely something server-side doing the forwarding, but I'm completely out of ideas for what it might be. Anyone?
  2. I'm not crying about it, I just don't see the point in a £800 etchasketch. I'm sure it's great for those who like that sort of thing.
  3. Probably even more annoying to have been given no tickets, and then have the people with hundreds buy them all up in the second sale before you have a chance.
  4. Were you a grouch about the royal wedding too?
  5. Strangely Thomas Cook were advertising the package deals for the two events I went for before the ticket results were announced. My new plan is to give up on the whole thing in disgust and take a trip to Carnivale in Venice instead.
  6. I only applied for a couple of events that I particularly wanted to see, and got neither of them. More than a little disappointed. I guess that's what I get for being careful and not trying to grab as many tickets as I could.
  7. We used to do this for all GPOs. OUs were purely for organisational structure, and GPOs were filtered by group membership. Group names similar to the GPO name, and Bob's your uncle. Easy to tell at a glance what's going on without having to trawl through hunting down links.
  8. Create a group called SIMS PCs, an appropriate group policy and put security filtering on the policy so it only applies to that particular group?
  9. My first was a Suzuki Swift - an old one, but never had any problems with maintenance or running and it was relatively cheap to insure (right up until someone rear-ended the car and shrank it by six inches, but I can hardly blame the insurers or Suzuki for that). Nice and efficient too, which is getting more important. Small engine size makes them cheap to insure and run.
  10. Not as far as I'm aware. To double check you could always create a dummy account and migrate that as a test?
  11. Yep, you should have a two-way trust set up between them as otherwise they won't be able to read one another. You also need to make sure that you can ping each domain from the other.
  12. Currently it's shirt and trousers, occasionally jacket if I need the pockets. Shortly it'll be changing to casual almost all the time, with full suit and tie required if meeting clients.
  13. But...but...it's not been banned... It's just never been approved for sale - probably because it's never been submitted for approval.
  14. If it's hashed through a one-way algorithm, then there's not really a practical way for you to convert it back. What you could do is try and find out the hashing algorithm and run 'password' through it. If they match, it's confirmed.
  15. The ones you notice do. The ones who don't probably aren't remembered by you any more than you remember a car driven well.
  16. Massive Marmite shipment seized off the coast of Denmark
  17. Woo. The angry car drivers are really coming out of the woodwork. Even a threat of running you over Matt. CESIL, if you supposedly know the limits of your car so well then why would anyone else in the road ever be in danger from you? Looked like a nice bit of riding to me, few parts I'd be more cautious over but that's just me. Nice use of the prime position throughout as well.
  18. You can see the results quicker by loading up SharePoint Designer and opening the active theme file (it'll be in the site folder structure, under _layouts/themes if I remember correctly, and named with the first few letters of the theme name plus a string of numbers). Then you can see any modifications instantly with a reload of the page (not refresh) rather than having to do an iisreset each time. Best starter point is Heather Soloman's blog at Heather Solomon - MVP, WSS - SharePoint 2007 Branding and Design
  19. I've got a Toyota iQ, not necessarily cheap exactly but even with a petrol engine and automatic gearing I average around 60 mpg when I'm not putting any effort into driving efficiently. My highest average for one week was 72 mpg. It's also very comfortable to drive, and since it's small easy to park as well. The only drawback is that while it does have four seats, it's basically a two-seater (no long trips with anyone in the back if they're attached to their legs).
  20. I know that there's a commandment about not testing God - surely there should be some professional courtesy extended with no testing of believers either?
  21. I was sitting at home with an axe and chainsaw, waiting for the zombies. Very disappointed when they didn't turn up.
  22. Any chance of getting added to the whitelist? Only recently started playing, and hooked. Username is OvergrownChild
  23. Definitely possible - we used to have several ESXi clusters managed through vSphere at a previous job of mine. I thought VMWare were planning to kill off ESX at some point and replace it with ESXi anyway?
  24. The only issue would be any personal data on their laptop being recovered - as the laptops shouldn't be used for personal use, it wouldn't be unreasonable to expect there to be no personal data there to recover. You won't be processing the data, or deliberately, recklessly or knowingly obtaining it without the person's permission so I wouldn't think you'd have a problem. Of course, I'm not a lawyer so all of the above may be way off the mark.
  25. If you download VirtualBox to a workstation, it should be able to open and run the OVF if the export is good. If that's the case, then it's the import that's causing the problem. If it won't work in VirtualBox then it's likely something to do with the export rather than the import - particularly if the export failed on the second try.
×
×
  • Create New...