sigma
Members-
Posts
1,681 -
Joined
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by sigma
-
If I were a parent I’d probably try to remove my child to a different school. I was top set maths at a Grammar School and don’t ever remember being treated that harshly when I got questions wrong. Detention was strictly a behaviour sanction.
-
SBB - Netsweeper - Staff but getting Pupil filter
sigma replied to Alastairb25's topic in Internet Related/Filtering/Firewall
SBB are aware of the problem and there is an item in the Status Portal to reflect it, though it doesn't actually describe the problem symptoms as customers see them. -
Sailing (what I do).
-
Ah but, I wouldn’t expect to see knife that would be used at table as cutlery classified as a weapon, nor a kitchen knife of the type you would expect to find in food tech, not a craft knife that might be found in art or resistant materials classed as a weapon. I was surprised to see a picture of a naked Hagrid with a sorting hat over his manhood get through our filter though. (not Smoothwall or Lightspeed).
-
Nah...
-
Also consider what might happen to icloud storage "in the UK"
-
Impero / Ativion StudentKeeper Opinions
sigma replied to OLPTech's topic in Network and Classroom Management
We are also long time users of Impero Education Pro. I didn't go to Bett and haven't seen the new product, so I would be very interested in your opinions after your demo. It seems to me that there are a number of different products in or near the space that are all starting to converge. We want to be sure we have all the bases covered, but at the same time don't want to be paying for functional duplication. -
Frostbite
-
Oxygen
-
Anarchy
-
knot...
-
It’s generally blocked because it acts as a proxy for pages that should be blocked. If could be unwise to open the domain, rather just the very specific page(s) you need.
-
Snigger
-
urlscan.io will give you everything that is pulled into a website. You don't need an account to use it. Another quick methed is to use Firefiox with the NoScript add on. Set the scripts defult to off. Allow scripts for the base domain and see what else it pulls in. You can allow different domains until the site "works" so you can see what you need - which is rarely everything. I am always suspicious of any sites that require ad-tracking to run (KCSIE) and look to recommend alternatives.
-
Valued
-
I pulled out the url from Properties, and it looks to be dynamic: .hubblecontent.osi.office.net/m365content/ux/hubble/index.html?picker=1&fb=0&p=0&t=0&a=1&idp=org &lots of parameters including my specific search, and probably some personal identifiers &mkt=en-GB
-
You can go to the picture (In word), mouse over it to reveal the three dots. Click on that, and report as "Offensive content", as I have just done.
-
Haven’t been since 2020. Was bored the last time I went so in no rush to go again. The last useful time was as we were about to replace the whiteboards for panels, and then it was the chance to see and try as many as possible. Otherwise there are too many things that are/not appropriate/we don’t have a budget for or are just hype. How many remember ‘teaching tables’ that were everywhere for a few years. How many bought them? How many still have them? It was always a good opportunity to go late night shopping in the West End though.
-
It does and it doesn’t. On the plus side is all the adblocking/add tracking removal, on the downside is the VPN, Leo and the wallet. Users would still have the same level of content filtering and logging. Safesearch is applied at the search engine level.
-
Brazilian
-
I think it misses the nuances of the actual announcement. https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/generative-artificial-intelligence-in-education/generative-artificial-intelligence-ai-in-education
-
To give you options, this is availableto all schools. https://swgfl.org.uk/magazine/swgfl-provide-affordable-bitdefender-software-to-schools/ There are four offers: Bitdefender GravityZone Business Security - @ £7.90 per device for 3 years (normally £8.90) Bitdefender GravityZone Advanced Business Security - @ £9.99 per device for 3 years Bitdefender GravityZone Elite - @ £19.00 per device for 3 years Bitdefender GravityZone Ultra - @ £24.00 per device for 3 years
-
Souvenir
-
manoeuvre
-
That is really cheap and nasty of them!
