Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

jmcdermott

Members
  • Posts

    288
  • Joined

Everything posted by jmcdermott

  1. diladele.com I have used them for a few years now and it seems good, and they have just released a version that runs on windows instead of linux. 500 euros for a 1000 users per year.
  2. It has been a while but I believe you need to add the sims server into solus manually, it does not auto detect.
  3. That sounds like an unrelated issue, I would suspect communication is being blocked somewhere. All the solus database installer seems to do is create a database along side the sims database and populate it from the "Sims.Solus3.DeploymentServer.Database.dacpac" files (my database happens to be called sims, not sure if the file name changes for different db names.)
  4. I had the same issue recently, I ended up manually creating the database in SQL Manager then imported the solus database dacpac file into the database, worked fine from then on.
  5. They do make good servers if you need a free OS to host some files shares\VHDs
  6. Sorry aicrd no offence ment, agree with you totally, just reassuring local backup only is not a good idea.
  7. Backing up the VM is a must but in most ransom attacks it is possible the the backups can also be effected also.
  8. Evening. You are going to want to backup the following directories: adsoft DOCSTORAGE Then you are going to want to transfer logons to the database and then backup the database, bellow is an example of a powershell command to achieve the goal but you will need to amend it to your configuration. You will need to edit all the underlined sections. Also if you have a good internet connection it would be a better option to upload an encrypted version of the backup to cloud storage Duplicati is a good free backup option which can do encrypted cloud incremental backups.
  9. We had a an issue with hp printers, solution was to turn on Allow less secure apps, from the below page using the login used to send the email. https://myaccount.google.com/lesssecureapps?pli=1
  10. I would say for about £500 you could throw together an i5 9400 with 16gb ram + nivida 1650 + case + psu + small ssd but you would probably not be able to include a monitor.
  11. Windows 10 has a nice built in video editor, if that does not fit the bill I always fall back to openshot (editor) and OBS Studio (recording) both free.
  12. It is probably the domain name not being passed along with the VPN connection, can you ping workstation.domainname.local?
  13. Not as far as I am aware.
  14. If you want to pop me your email in a PM I can send you a copy of the admx.
  15. We use it. 1) store keys on a hidden share on the master computer. 2) use GPO to set the key location per room. 3) we still create the machine list manually. 4) as an extra we have also used the gpo to disable client machines from running the veyon master application. Job done.
  16. We use https://owncloud.org/ here working very well, on an old box.
  17. Yes that seems normal, if the router is dishing out ip addresses in site 2, dns will have to be redirected to allow communication to the domain machines. I have a similar setup but have resorted to putting in a standard workstation as an active director server in my second site to speed up logons, I have also redirected user areas to a replicated share to allow quicker document access for use users in my site 2.
  18. Have you considered using a wpad or pac file on a local server and letting the clients detect the proxy on there own?
  19. Just a F.Y.I for everyone before they start complaining to there providers, check if you were quoted mega bits or bytes per second. 1000 mega bits per second is about 125 mega bytes per second.
  20. 1. Secondary school 2. About 1100 users 3. 330mb FTTP (with backup 100 mb Leased Line) 4. BT business line 5. about £2.2k + £500 filter package per year.
  21. I had the same issue, I think I ended up removing all appx packages then reinstalled them afterwards.
  22. I am using a VM on my server running ubuntu server + diladele filtering, 1000 concurrent users across as many sites as I can setup servers 500 euros per year. been running for about 4 years with no problems, reporting could be a little better.
  23. Just started Payday 2 VR on the Vive. loving it so far, turning while crouched trying not to be seen by an FBI agent while picking a lock is a little tricky, but feels so much more real in VR. There is just something about being able to glance over your shoulder while still doing stuff with your hands, and firing in two different directions at eh same time.
  24. Trainee ICT Technician Permanent/Term Time Grade F – Salary Range £15,839 – £20,339pa (reduced pro-rata/actual salary to £13,446 – £17,266pa) 37 hours per week, term time (38 weeks) plus an additional 5 inset days and overtime as required Start date – as soon as possible https://www.theroseland.co.uk/vacancies/
×
×
  • Create New...