-
Posts
2,232 -
Joined
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by Primus
-
Coronavirus: General discussion (see opening post for rules)
Primus replied to Dos_Box's topic in General Chat
Not every technician has been in and working every day - I can tell you that the team I manage have been treated the same as teaching staff, working from home for the vast vast majority of the time and then on a rota system thereafter. This is *once again* the problem with blanket statements. If you have issues with your working conditions you don't resolve them by pulling other people's conditions down. You resolve them by challenging them and providing as united a front as possible. If you alienate the majority of the staff working in schools (teachers) then having a united front is going to be tricky to say the least. -
Coronavirus: General discussion (see opening post for rules)
Primus replied to Dos_Box's topic in General Chat
So you would agree that "many" teachers do not deserve their pay rise? Would you agree many doctors don't deserve their pay rise? Would you agree many police officers don't deserve their pay rise? Once again the teacher pay rise was determined by the STRB - a supposedly independent body that Gove tinkered with when he wasn't happy with their opinions (shocker it wasn't because they were recommending too low of a pay rise - he stacked the body with his own people to try to prevent them recommending things the UK Government didn't like). For your light to shine you don't need to diminish anyone else's. Your argument is stronger if you can say look at all these people who work hard - they got a pay rise. We work hard and we didn't. You might feel hard done to and rightly so, I would support all of you when you say you deserve the same rise but to suggest that "many" teachers don't deserve their pay rise is divide and conquer politics. -
Coronavirus: General discussion (see opening post for rules)
Primus replied to Dos_Box's topic in General Chat
The post I quoted was teacher bashing. Fact. You can definitely say you’re worth a pay rise and it’s not fair others got one and you didn’t without saying others shouldn’t have got one! -
Coronavirus: General discussion (see opening post for rules)
Primus replied to Dos_Box's topic in General Chat
Yes and notice how they can do it without saying others don’t deserve their pay rise! -
Coronavirus: General discussion (see opening post for rules)
Primus replied to Dos_Box's topic in General Chat
I wasn’t saying it did. It shouldn’t happen anywhere. But I’m sick of the teacher bashing on here being allowed by the moderators. The suggestion that teachers don’t deserve an annual pay rise but support staff do is ridiculous. Everyone deserves a pay rise. There are good and bad folk in every job and profession. -
Coronavirus: General discussion (see opening post for rules)
Primus replied to Dos_Box's topic in General Chat
You could also say this about virtually any industry or profession. -
Coronavirus: General discussion (see opening post for rules)
Primus replied to Dos_Box's topic in General Chat
More teacher bashing eh? Classy. Support staff ought to be included I agree but to suggest many teachers are getting a reward they don’t deserve is ridiculous. This pay rise was recommended by the independent body and the proposals are from before COVID-19. Why can’t we just accept we all have value and support each other. The politics of greed and envy only divide us and make it easier for us to all lose out. -
You could easily go with Unifi at the edge to save some money for a L3 core. That would drop your costs dramatically.
-
https://www.schoolicts.co.uk/ are brilliant.
-
Would you treat pupils the way you treat support staff
Primus replied to blueday's topic in General Chat
Whilst I agree with the sentiments of this thread that image says nothing like what you're suggesting. It's simply recognising ONE category of people, I've seen similar for doctors, nurses, delivery drivers, supermarket workers etc. -
My understanding is that the funding would only be applicable in this case if the school hadn't created student accounts in O365.
-
You're going to have to be a lot less cryptic here.
-
Look it's clearly a balance but your UI looks awful. Clearly no product is perfect - I didn't ask for perfect did I? I said I don't want any part to be subpar. You're doing your case no favours by arguing with prospective customers publicly.
- 44 replies
-
None of that matters if your target market discount your product because it looks ancient and uncared for - I'm very much in your target market and I looked at the screenshots and went "Nope". I'm looking for a fully featured and rounded product, I don't want any part of the product to be subpar.
- 44 replies
-
- 1
-
-
Moving form LA broadband to new supplier in cheshire
Primus replied to sarge's topic in Cloud Services
If you're considering going with SB, do yourself a favour and read the reviews on here from numerous unhappy customers. -
A modern UI shows the product is cared for and actively developed over time - it might seem superficial but if you've let your UI languish then I'd be wondering what else you'd let languish. A modern UI also follows how other products work, the more consistency in look and feel the easier it is to learn a new product - it lowers the barrier to changing product.
- 44 replies
-
- 2
-
-
I'm sure the product is really good but the interface looks very very dated.
- 44 replies
-
- 1
-
-
[sims] Capita is trying to sell off non-core businesses (SIMS is for sale)
Primus replied to psydii's topic in MIS Systems
What's your job title at Capita? -
[sims] Capita is trying to sell off non-core businesses (SIMS is for sale)
Primus replied to psydii's topic in MIS Systems
This thread is not ill informed. -
Yeah the SuperHub does let you disable WiFi without putting it into router mode - did this for a family member recently.
-
This - with your backup/archive you will end up storing the data many times over - eg. we do a backup every day, synthetic every week and keep these all on disk for a month then archive onto tape and keep for 13 months plus an offsite backup onto a NAS at another site.
