Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Primus

Members
  • Posts

    2,232
  • Joined

Everything posted by Primus

  1. It doesn't just sound perfect - it is perfect. Be wary of people telling you "it's a good product but lacks some features you might need" - they'll never be able to tell you which features you might need that it lacks!
  2. She's one of those "freeman on the land" nutters. Great entertainment.
  3. We've just bought some Dell Latitude 5410 - they're really nice, the fingerprint scanner built into the power button is a lovely touch.
  4. Roughly what is the price point for that Stone?
  5. Contact Smoothwall support as @gybe78 and get cloud filter setup, it's free and really good.
  6. I wouldn't be doing this, I would actively be blocking it and justifying why.
  7. Flash dies on December 31st, we won't be doing any work arounds etc, it will no longer be available after that and anything that relies on it will break. To do otherwise is dangerous as no further updates will be made available for exploits etc.
  8. Have they looked at devices in order to decide they want 14"? They might find when they look at some devices in the flesh they change their mind and the fact they'll get more for their money with a smaller screen. Usually the education devices with the more rugged cases are smaller screen too. I'd heartily recommend the HP EE or the Dell 3100 Chromebooks - both are excellent.
  9. It's a valid contribution - I was only following orders isn't the best response. If you know something shouldn't be done you have an obligation to raise it.
  10. Save your money and go with Ubiquiti Unifi!
  11. It's accessible through the admin console and is called device off hours.
  12. It's possible to do so on a schedule yes.
  13. No, it's still very disappointing this is stuck on HTTP only.
  14. Well blow me down with a feather the DfE were wrong! Yeah I'd say it's quite a common issue.
  15. Thank you, so far it's been mild, I really hope it stays that way.
  16. We’re currently experiencing a huge number of cases with staff and students. As some of you might be aware I teach as well as manage our infrastructure and I’ve now tested positive which can only have come from school as I’ve not been anywhere else at all.
  17. I don't believe you can do this.
  18. Sorry can you clarify what you want to do as I think the meaning has been lost in your post.
  19. Oh great we've once again got different schools seeing difefferent latest releases. The latest available to my 2 schools is Leeds-39.
  20. I think so too - extensions have always been related to users not devices.
  21. So are we saying the DfE are wrong? I mean I'm massively shocked by that!
  22. Unless I have missed a major change they're wrong - extensions are still only pushed to users not devices.
  23. Yes extensions are pushed to users not devices.
  24. We licence them both but Smoothwall do a deal so it's not outrageous - unless I remembered that wrong?!
  25. We use Salamander to sync and couldn't be happier.
×
×
  • Create New...