-
Posts
2,232 -
Joined
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by Primus
-
To update do we just need to copy and paste, overwrite the existing code and then paste our link back into the correct place?
-
Replying to students in Google Classroom
Primus replied to WannabrewUK's topic in Internet Related/Filtering/Firewall
Meet seems fine here. -
I think firmware based TPMs are within the spec so it should behave normally?
-
Replying to students in Google Classroom
Primus replied to WannabrewUK's topic in Internet Related/Filtering/Firewall
Yes. Something has changed very recently. -
We've always used GeTech and they've been great - Rebecca Brown is our contact - [email protected] You can buy the licences from any Google partner, you're not stuck using just one.
-
It's down to each school to track handout and collection of devices. Someone should be taking responsibility. To cover your back it might be worth flagging this now so that someone doesn't think they can simply blame IT. The good news is that even in our deprived area we collected 99% of devices at the end of lockdown 1 and we've only had 1 broken which was down to a full on house fire so you may be pleasantly suprised
-
We serve a very deprived area so that accounts for our large number of issued devices. I'm not sure what someone having a mobile phone or Sky TV has to do with whether a student needs a device or not for doing their school work from home???
-
430 - most are DfE, some from the local council and some we purchased to top up.
-
Multiple SQL instances on 2012R2 Domain server
Primus replied to mikemcsharry's topic in Windows Server 2012
This is good advice - you don't know what messing about has been done with that DC, a clean start would be a really good idea. -
We've gone to whitelist only and we're doing a DPIA for each.
-
Spot on thanks!
-
Adding SLT members to all Google classrooms as teachers
Primus replied to GBallard's topic in Cloud Services
I'd seriously think again about doing this, it'll be overwhelming for them and Classroom's UI gets sluggish if you're a member of lots of classes. -
It's on an admin account with the right access - where do I accept the permissions? Thanks!
-
Hi, when I try to run it I get an authorization is required to perform that action.
-
I think anything you might be able to do is unlikely to meet the requirements. You're going to need to have the difficult conversation that their requirements are mad and need to be rationalised.
-
So they've implemented this mad system, they're now asking you to try to fix said mad system but they won't pay? I know what I'd be saying!
-
My sympathies, this sounds totally mad!
-
The Certified Educator programmes are really beneficial. Certified Trainer is also helpful for the community and information sharing.
-
Coronavirus: General discussion (see opening post for rules)
Primus replied to Dos_Box's topic in General Chat
But schools were "mostly" closed for a lot of that time period. They were only fully open from September to December and even then attendance rates nationally were dropping and in some areas had dropped significantly. When in normal times have we seen schools closed from March to September? The data from March to August is flawed/skewed because of how few staff and pupils were in school. -
Nice to see Ofsted are platform agnostic. Is it in their published documentation that Teams has to be used?
-
Is it just me that much prefers Chief Technical Officer to Chief Technology Officer?
-
Coronavirus: General discussion (see opening post for rules)
Primus replied to Dos_Box's topic in General Chat
If staff want a change then they need to do something about it then - join a union that has teeth and will fight for them. The NEU is the biggest education union in the country so volume of members shouldn't be an issue but they can only act if support staff join and push for change. -
Coronavirus: General discussion (see opening post for rules)
Primus replied to Dos_Box's topic in General Chat
The NEU is open to support staff. -
Google Classroom - Meet recording owned by someone else
Primus replied to bonnett11's topic in Educational Software
Do get back on this - getting all the settings right and instructions to staff is really beneficial but also quite difficult - I'd be pleased to know if you get sorted -
Google Classroom - Meet recording owned by someone else
Primus replied to bonnett11's topic in Educational Software
I've just tested and even with Quick Access set to on as my default I can only get in the Meet with a student account if my teacher account is active in the Meet, if I'm not the link won't let them in.
