Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Primus

Members
  • Posts

    2,232
  • Joined

Everything posted by Primus

  1. For O365? Yes, but don't exclude your IP - MFA protects you just as much on site as it does off.
  2. If you're using the SSL VPN with certificates then the certificate is a form of MFA - the user needs both their password and a certificate to connect to the VPN.
  3. The Github page has now disappeared?
  4. It's always worth double-checking - I was convinced I didn't have COVID up until the txt arrived that told me I'd tested positive.
  5. I would absolutely implement LAPS.
  6. The new drives make an enormous difference and fixed the issue we had with our failover S10.
  7. This one from Amazon works with 3190s.
  8. Again you should be fine with mismatched CPUs. You might need to check the box on the VM settings for processor compatibility if you want to live migrate.
  9. You will need to go to 2016 as you can't add a 2019 server into a 2012 cluster. To upgrade the node you'll have to evict it I believe.
  10. You'll then need to budget to renew the licence or replace the hardware after 5 years as the Meraki licence is a substantial cost. That said I think I saw they were once again running a promotion that gave you 10 years instead of 5??
  11. Does it have to be manufacturer warranty as I'm sure some of the big resellers would offer to extend the warranty on Unifi to 5 years for a reasonable charge? For Meraki you'll want the longest possible licence you can get as when it expires they stop working.
  12. Unless behaviour is truly shocking you shouldn't need hard glass fronted monitors.
  13. You'll tie yourself up in knots with solutions like this, engaging with the parent is the right thing to do but creating unique solutions for individual students is not. The school uses Google Workspace for Education, it is an embedded part of the school, students need to use it as part of their day to day lessons.
  14. I have to say this sounds like failing hardware - possibly drives to me.
  15. This is Leeds-46 for us - the other entries in the email are all as expect but then one is totally blank when viewed on a PC or on the Smoothie's report page but is visible fine on a mobile client. The text doesn't appear to even be there - I've tried highlighting it to see etc.
  16. Hi all, I was wondering if anyone had recently been through the process of a DPIA for moving from an on prem MIS to a cloud MIS - specifically Arbor?
  17. I know they say that but we keep our servers as single role as possible.
  18. We sometimes get random entries where the notification email is blank for that entry only on a browser and on the report page of the Smoothwall but shows correctly on a mobile mail client.
  19. It also depends how you segment your network - for example we use NPS and forward accounting for trusted devices but for untrusted devices they're isolated entirely so use the Smoothwall for authentication and accounting.
  20. I think you might be better off having NPS on its own VM ideally and not hosting multiple roles on one server.
  21. Usually seems to in tech and to be fair to Apple they've beaten Tile to market with a product that uses UWB.
  22. You pays your money and you takes your choice - more competition in the market is a good thing even if you don't like the competing products.
  23. He's also right in so far as the Tile only works if someone with the Tile app wanders by your lost device which is far from certain. It's much more likely someone with an iOS device will however. The Tile also doesn't use UWB for precision finding - or anything similar and the version of the Tile which is similar in terms of build quality but isn't quite as good (the Pro which I've had for a few years now) is the same price as the AirTag on Amazon. There's plenty of 3rd party accessories for the AirTag although finding them in stock is quite hard right now - you don't have to pay huge amounts to put it on a keychain. I've got both a Tile Pro which I've had for ages and some AirTags, the AirTags are way better.
×
×
  • Create New...