Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

powdarrmonkey

Edu Supporters
  • Posts

    5,017
  • Joined

Everything posted by powdarrmonkey

  1. Correct.
  2. In dhcpd.conf you can provide multiple routers, but most clients use them in order and cache routes so if you're going for fail-over there will be a gap when the first one disappears.
  3. Cynic, yes (a cautious cynic, perhaps); Dave, apologies.
  4. Fix your global catalogue; you must have at least one reachable at all times.
  5. powdarrmonkey

    Linux Mint

    I'm a bit wary of Mint: every upgrade transition so far has been dire and the developers have been unable to care. This does not bode well for users who don't know they have an X server and so on.
  6. first post, glowing recommendation, lots of smileys... hmmm...
  7. ooo, pretty.....
  8. Sorry, I had a manic week and didn't get time to look at it. I'll try and see this week - I think you have a dependency shortage.
  9. As heard on a radio phone-in this morning (after an accident on the M1 involving a cow): "I herd about the problems on the M1: is the traffic moooving or should I find an-udder route?" And seen on facebook: rumours of a new tv show, in which Fern Britton captures and tortures Chris Tarrant - Britton's Got Tarrant
  10. The link href should be file:///R:/....
  11. I tell you, Jobs will seek you out and burn you in ritual ceremony...
  12. If you're going to have Chromium from the daily PPA, comment the repository lines back out after installing or you'll get an updated build every day
  13. muppet: what email address did you send to? I've had no response ever.
  14. Surely "YouTube is down for maintenance" answers your question already?
  15. No, it's just the weekend. I'll look at it tomorrow.
  16. I don't know, I don't use Ubuntu in production at all, just for auto-builders. Make sure you have a backup and try it
  17. ...what exactly did you do differently? I used your exact command to test.
  18. When there's a new release, a million people all hit the mirrors at once. It's going to be pretty sluggish. Yes, just update your apt sources list to use the CD and do an apt-get dist-upgrade. No.
  19. Works for me..
  20. hmm, giveaway name, first post recommendation, too good to be true... edit: bless, it even has one of those old 7-seg hit counters
  21. Ok, I forced installation of mingw on an Intrepid and Jaunty box last night and there's a deeper problem with the compiler from those PPA packages (good chance they haven't been rebuilt since a point release). Is there some reason you're not using the Windows releases at Browse iTALC - OpenSource classroom-management Files on SourceForge.net?
  22. No idea, probably Dos_Box's patch overnight.
  23. debian-devel can be high traffic (~100 mails a day, sometimes a few hundred). Try debian-devel-announce instead, or subscribe in digest mode. Other handy lists: debian-mentors (packaging questions and sponsorship), debian-release (making the wheels go round in sid and squeeze), debian-users (non-development queries). If you're interested in packaging (where most activity is) choose something interesting and useful from Freshmeat, see if you'd use it on a regular basis, and package it.
  24. Out of curiosity, which list did you get snowed under? debian-devel can be pretty heavy at times, for sure.
  25. I used to use a wiki. You might also check out RedNotebook, which I maintain in Debian and Ubuntu.
×
×
  • Create New...