-
Posts
326 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by coolhands
-
having googled this exact problem and found this thread, may I be the first to say what a load of sh14e I've just been setting up how emailing (instead of pdf letter) non-activated payers in parentpay, then I find you can't actually do it with pre-admission pupils. What genius designs these poxy systems? bloody sick of these tossy systems nearly every one is absolute carp
-
Publish Online help - Individual Report not there to select
coolhands replied to coolhands's topic in MIS Systems
ok will do. In the meantime capita have requested a copy of our database to investigate edit checked all seasons and no, the report is nowhere. Even though every Y12 pupil has it attached in their Linked Documents! -
[sims] Can Reports>Design Reports be emailed via intouch?
coolhands replied to coolhands's topic in MIS Systems
yeah we have parent app but, most parents don't! work that one out. So realistically it's a waste of time -
If (as I have) I edit a data collection report in the above mentioned area, I can generate a (RTF) word document for a whole tutor group etc. I could print that and post it home and they could confirm their details by scribbling all over it. Is it possible to email a report like that via intouch? ie can I generate a report and attach it to the pupils, like an assessment report, and then email it? Otherwise how are we supposed to email this type of tailored (to each pupil) report / form?
-
^ is that only for outlook?
-
jeez FML please help someone! I made individual reports for Y12. I did 'Upload' to linked documents. All shows correct. I used 'Send' to email them via Intouch, all worked correct. Went to publish online and strange problem - the correct named report is not there to choose. I understand only reports that have been linked can be selected, but mine have been. The one that is there to choose is a one-off I made for one pupil who is actually in Y13 and does some Y12 subjects, hence it is appended ZA (the pupil initials). But - I have not yet generated this as a linked document for that pupil. So why it is showing up in publish online area I don't know. So why is my correctly generated linked document indv report not available to choose? Any ideas? Basically it is showing the wrong one. (also to really **** things up I actually selected this and published it for all of them as I didn't notice. Now I'm doing it again with start date today and end date tomorrow as there's no way to delete them from Parent App. God I hate sims) June reports I made & generated as linked documents (just showing both the titles): Available reports to choose from when wanting to publish online: note only the ZA version is there: Looking at an actual Y12 pupil to prove the correct report is actually linked to them: (ie notice it is not the ZA version):
-
[sims] Intouch maximum message size 4MB? - can't send pdf
coolhands replied to coolhands's topic in MIS Systems
yes see my edit! Thanks chaps, my mistake -
what the heck? I have gone to send Intouch email messages to year 12 parents. When I attach a pretty regular pdf I want to send, t states total message size is too big. Maximum Message sie is 4MB. What can I do ./ is this normal? What's the point in Intouch if I can't attach letters? EDIT - ignore - it was an information message not a message telling me I was too large. Must note KB / MB notation!!
-
[sims] Sending Individual reports crashes sims via Remote Desktop
coolhands replied to coolhands's topic in MIS Systems
ok I'm the data manager struggling at home! so no not an IT guy. I will pass on suggestions thanks -
[sims] Sending Individual reports crashes sims via Remote Desktop
coolhands posted a topic in MIS Systems
with covid I've mostly been working from home using Remote Desktop to use sims. I'm not technical but does anyone know why the following might be? If I try and create student reports by Focus>Assessment>Individual Report it crashes sims even if I just try and do it as pdf. So I went in to school and created them all as I thought ok it's a problem with Remote Desktop. But now back at home I can't even select them via same menu and 'Send' in order to send them via Intouch. AND I can't even do Routines>Send SLG & SIMS online>Publish Documents to upload them to the crappy Parent App!! Load of rubbish. It says unable to cast COM object blahblahblah to interface wrord.application. I presume it can't launch word remotely or in the background or something. So, anything I can do? Load of sh*t4 -
we use intouch. All students have their own email address here which is in sims so it gets sent to that. That way it is secure cos no one else can open it (eg aunties uncles or whoever). I sent them mid-morning last year. When sending large number of intouch messages it takes a while I did each year group separately to stop it screwing up. Get that sorted in the set up. then it takes maybe 10 mins or something before they show as sent. they are pending for a while. Once you've done all the set up nonsense on the day you go Reports>Exams>Send Exam results and choose the groups you have previously set up (eg "2020 Y11")
-
How to email all parents individual piece of information?
coolhands replied to coolhands's topic in MIS Systems
Well if it helps anyone else the scipt I linked to above from the youtube vid did work, thankfully. I sent 330 emails in one go, all with personalised class and room info. It took me a couple of hours to follow the instructions and write the script. I also found this add on that looks great but I don't know anything about G suite etc (I'm not IT) so don't have a clue how you can have it installed. But it would have been good https://developers.google.com/gsuite/solutions/mail-merge -
How to email all parents individual piece of information?
coolhands replied to coolhands's topic in MIS Systems
Edit I tried this and it works (see vid). I was able to write a script following his instructions to personalise it to what I need. so all pupil names and other info in a google sheet. Then set it up. So now a pupil receives this: Dear Coolhands Your new classname is TA1 in room 1 The day you come in is Monday If your class name begins with ....etc Regards only caveat is if you have ordinary gmail you are limited to 100 per day. if G Suite it is 1500 a day apparently. not sure, how can I tell? thanks all -
How to email all parents individual piece of information?
coolhands replied to coolhands's topic in MIS Systems
yeah we don't have outlook. Our school uses google accounts for email. So although I can mail merge I still have no method to email them. Its ridiculous! apparently gmail can merge from google sheets (so I could put my info in there) but only if you have google 'G suite' whatever the $%^% that is, all I know is we haven't. Also with edulink it has to be set up somehow to allow smtp or some weird stuff which ours isn't and I haven't a clue pi$$ed off Such a simple thing and it's like mission impossible. -
We have classcharts, edulink, sims Intouch. If I want to email them all an individual piece of information, say, "Your child will be in new temporary class TA1" or similar, can it be done? If I have their names, admission numbers, etc & their new 'class' in an excel sheet. to be clear, no new classes have been created in NovaT - this is an excel thing for final few weeks.
-
anyone else thought on this? We want to bring Y10 (& 12) back and SLT want new completely new groups, half the size of old groups, new rooms, times, etc. Does this mean building new blocks etc and constructing new timetable for them? exporting to sims. They will only be back for 1 month before break up for hols. But if not then what's the alternative?
-
I did it like this. Because you have some classes that have 2 teachers, you have to export this, then do some kind of filtering in excel to delete the duplicates, so it's still a bit of a pain. the 2nd step has the filter Prompt at runtime ticked so you can choose when you run the report. Excuse the black screen, Remote desktop fun
-
yeah so in that Account info its has DOB but no home address. In the admin portal I can turn home address off or on but it seems to apply to all accounts eg staff? How can I personalise ti on the Enable Account Info screen (on admin side - General tab) to show it for pupils but not staff. I may have to read the manual... edit sorry one last quick one I can see learners; is it possible to let me (or certain other staff) see info about staff?
-
Hi can anyone help me? I can click on a pupil and see the contact's address. But how can I see the actual pupil address? Is this something I can switch on somewhere?
-
I think you're right. But we're locked into teacher app until next year anyway now so I'll have to cancel next Nov / Dec if I want to stop paying for it. All the capita licences can only be canceled around that time (prior to beginning of Feb I believe)
-
I assume it's related to the number of pupils we have and the figure is a nice round £2.5k!
-
Does anyone know if it's realistic to use this to replace SIMS Teacher App to enable PE staff to take registers on ipads etc?
-
yeah thanks. The PE dept use the teacher app, but I'm wondering (I don't know) if it could be done using edulink? which we have but I don't know if it could do that in some way
-
see pic. we do use intouch. and import photos. and NovaT. Lesson monitor. I assume we need the rest of it too? In Start up kit II - does 'Reporting' mean ie the reports we generate and send home? and I suppose Personnel is what HR use to put all us staff in sims? EAch of the yellow packages has it's own cost. Nearly £20k +vat seems a lot forgot the sims support pic (nearly £5k on its own)
-
I wanted to use applicaa and it all looks good, but our finance guy turned it down as it wasn't in the budget. So will spend more on postage and admin staff entering contact details of parents dire handwriting!
