Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

jaminben

Members
  • Posts

    640
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by jaminben

  1. And PlusNet is owned by.... BT.
  2. I'm just moving from virgin to PlusNet... can you recommend an ADSL router? Many Thanks
  3. Good idea... voted.
  4. +1 for Virgin as well... excellent service. Our filtering is with Smoothwall.
  5. Indeed... getting pumped for this
  6. Very interesting... takes me back too.
  7. Yes you are correct, they cannot login at home... currently.
  8. It's just a document library with the delete permission removed (IIRC) so they can see each others work and edit it etc. but not delete it.
  9. We don't use OneDrive or rather don't publicize that it's available just yet because we're concerned about them sharing the wrong document. We limit this risk with the use of Document Libraries in SharePoint... only staff have permissions to staff documents.
  10. I don't appear to be able to find the resources I used but I'm pretty sure I found lots of videos on YouTube & Lynda.com.... basically I created a 'master page' (under design manager) and then added 'page layouts' (under site contents) for each department using a custom page layout template (under design manager) I created. For the custom menu system I used jQuery which allows the site to be used with mouse or touch devices. You can map drives to the required folders and edit your SharePoint site like you would any normal .html site adding in your own resources (.js, .css etc).... the one thing you can't do is edit the .aspx files which you'll find next to your .html files. You can also download 'SharePoint Designer 2013' which may make things easier or not in my case. If you want to change the theme colour for your site you can use 'SharePoint 2013 Color Palette Tool'. net use N: \\yoursitename.sharepoint.com@SSL\DavWWWRoot net use R: https://yoursitename.sharepoint.com/_catalogs/masterpage
  11. I made my own theme... I'll see if I can find the tutorials I used when I'm back on Monday.
  12. As MrFrostmaul said... it's just a normal dirsync.
  13. I kept ours separate, staff, students, governors etc. They all have their own document libraries as it was easier to set and manage permissions.... we have one main landing page. Student resources (One Document Library)- Maths year 7 year 8 year 9 English year 7 year 8 Student Hand-In Area (Another Document Library)- Maths year 7 year 8 year 9 English year 7 year 8 Deparments (Yet another Document Library)- English Maths Science A document library can be linked to by an html link to the folder level... so for example students hand-in area > year 10 > can be directly linked (if that makes sense).
  14. If your just doing it for staff then create a group within AD (SharePointStaff) and add users as needed, sync that group with SharePoint, create your page using the group you just created and set permissions for that page, add a document library and again assign it that security group and set it's permissions. Add a link to the document library within your newly created page. EDIT: Attached an example image of ours to show what could be done which I created and I have no special talents so should be easy enough... it's a complete intranet site which all departments use. It has areas for staff and students each with their own permissions, document libraries for resources, uploading of work or a private department area.
  15. I have it for PC and think it's great... never player the first two. As others have said, controls can be a little frustrating at times but that doesn't spoil the game at all. Great story/side missions, characters, animations, sound, music, gfx etc..... probably be my GOTY (will have to see how Batman plays out).
  16. We have the same issue as above... I think we're probably going to move to the online version soon so not too fussed.
  17. Ok, same as me.... waiting for the 980ti's.
  18. Very nice... tempted to upgrade but not 100% fixed on a model yet. Any issues with lag?
  19. What 4k screen have you got?
  20. Ok, Thanks for that... every little helps
  21. @Marci We allow Twitter for all our students (11-18) much to my dismay... do you have a link to where it states this in Twitters T&C's so I can present a case to block it? I've looked and can't find anything. Thanks
  22. @eddyc did you ever fix this? I've got the same issue and have re-installed several times now.
  23. Speaking of bugs. I have an odd one, if I enter the game from a clean boot I get around 30-25 FPS... if I then go to my GFX settings and alter a single option which requires pressing 'X' and then 'A' to confirm my FPS will increase to 60 and pretty much stay at that until I exit and re-enter.
  24. Gah... so I thought I'd be able to transfer my single player progress but that doesn't appear to be the case. Pretty disappointed right now.
×
×
  • Create New...