Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

jaminben

Members
  • Posts

    640
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by jaminben

  1. This is my thoughts also... but, I don't have anything to back it up.
  2. Hi, We've just installed some CCTV equipment with a DVR and I'm after some advice as to who can view and take copies of video from the device... so far in the last two days I've had 3 members of staff ask me to show them how to take a snippet from the DVR. We don't have any policies for CCTV yet. Can anyone offer any advice? Thanks Ben
  3. We're totally fed up with MLS... has anyone tried or is using the above?
  4. Ok, we submitted a support request to MS and they resolved the issue pretty quickly..... they said the issue only affected a few tenants.
  5. I saw that but didn't think it was related... maybe it is? EDIT Can't even get to https://mysite-admin.sharepoint.com/
  6. As title.... we're unable to get connected at all. Nothing on their support page about any outages.
  7. Can you remember what fee's you paid? I've been reading that some people get charged > 3.5% which is just for the euro conversion by the bank.
  8. Cool, that's good to hear.
  9. I've used localbitcoins quite a few times for smaller amounts (£200-£300) and it worked great when transferring into my PayPal account but I'm not all that keen to try with larger amounts.
  10. Cool, thank you for the info I'll setup a new account with the COOP bank I think... when I tried to do it before Coinbase said they didn't support Nationwide. Do you know if I convert my BTC to Euro with Coinbase and store it on Coinbase (I know, not a good idea but...) it won't loose its value? I have 1.5 BTC from recent trades and don't want it to lose value if the BTC price crashes.
  11. How long does the SEPA transfer take and would you mind telling me the name of the bank you use as mine (Nationwide) isn't supported apparently.
  12. What do you use to cash out your BTC?
  13. To be honest your probably better off just buying coins than mining... it's far easier:- no initial outlay and you don't have to maintain your rigs. Congrats on the Neo... it's certainly taken off recently.
  14. Mines customized for our sites and little hard to explain here but try looking at something like this.
  15. +1 for Powershell and a csv... it's reasonably easy to do.
  16. It's not really working for us here... we're on Virgin and have also noticed BBC isn't really working all that well either.
  17. We run both Google and O365 (until we migrate fully to O365) and had to create an outbound connector within O365 via a mail flow rule... so staff email at one site is Gmail but they also have an O365 account and for staff at another site who use O365 mail.
  18. Yes, we set the primary to the local and the secondary to the main high school. Security was the only real consideration.
  19. We installed an RODC at each of our sites... each with their own DHCP and DNS roles (using different subnets). Using this method we can disconnect one site (lose network connection) and they can still login and access all their local data etc... they just can't use the internet until the connection is restored.
  20. Same for us... following this thread with interest.
  21. Here's another one.... right click on a shortcut and select the Shortcut Tab, this then allows Open File Location which gives access to the C drive. They can't do anything but that's not the point.
  22. Names of servers, NAS boxes etc.
  23. We have AD locked down to 0 results... is that what you mean? That doesn't stop them using the search bar on the start menu to type in 'Network'. I think the problem is more that we don't want them seeing what else is on the network.
  24. We now have this issue .... our students have found out that they can type 'Network' into Windows search and can see all networked machines. All the above fixes have already been applied but nothing appears to be working, we're running Server 2012 R2 with Windows 7. Anyone got any suggestions? net config server /hidden:yes doesn't appear to be working for our Server 2012 R2 machines.
  25. Ours are still broken. EDIT Scratch that... it's working now.
×
×
  • Create New...