-
Posts
640 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by jaminben
-
Coronavirus: General discussion (see opening post for rules)
jaminben replied to Dos_Box's topic in General Chat
Isn't the point to isolate people from each other to stop the spread? If you have 60 support staff working in the same building are you preventing the spread? -
Coronavirus: General discussion (see opening post for rules)
jaminben replied to Dos_Box's topic in General Chat
More or less hearing the samething at my trust. -
Hello, We've had a request from a teacher to reset a students email password which they will then forward onto to the parent so the parent can access the account... we can see the student accessed their email yesterday so we know it works and that they probably know the password. The student is also over 13 years of age. I'm assuming the student has a right privacy and that they can choose to give\deny access at that age under GDPR regulations? So should we not be giving access? Am I reading too much into GDPR? Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks
-
Yes, also Teams and Groups from what I remember.... for example https://domain-my.sharepoint.com/personal/%USERNAME%_domain_com/Documents/Personal Documents
-
O365 to O365 migration tools - any experience?
jaminben replied to Paid_Peanuts's topic in Cloud Services
Anyone managed to migrate Teams from one tenant to another and keep all the chat history, permissions etc? -
If we wanted to remove two of the clustered servers do we simply evict them?
-
Hi, We have an HPE MSA 2040 which is around 5 years old and we'd like to reconfigure it to work more like a NAS than a SAN and use it for file storage (virtual .vhdx) and backups only (it currently runs a handful of Hyper-V's). The current cluster is set up with the following hardware: Model: HPE MSA 2040 No. Controllers: 2 No. Disks: 20 Disk Type: 20 x 600GB 6GB DP 10K No. Cluster Servers: 4 Model: Proliant DL360p G8 CPU: 2 x Intel Xeon E5-2650 @ 2.6 GHz (8 cores each) 2 x 146GB 15k SAS RAM: 96GB Ideally, we'd like to dismantle the cluster and run all the Proliant DL360p G8's individually and have the SAN hooked into the network like a NAS. Anyone have any idea if this is possible?
-
Working ok for us again.
-
Hi, We've had a request from a primary school for teachers to be able to login a suite of computers all at the same time using a single generic login... we use AB Tutor within the trust but can't afford to purchase it for primaries. Does anyone know a free piece of software which would allow us to be able to do this? Thanks Ben
-
Chernobyl mini series... really enjoying this at the moment, probably my favorite show of the year so far.
-
I need to win as I'm paid very poorly and I could sell this so I can maybe eat for a couple of weeks.
-
Hi, I need to export every students exam timetable which can then be emailed directly to them... I've seen the report located @ 'Focus > Examinations > Reports > Entries Candidates Timetables Default' which looks ideal but I don't appear to be able to save it as a separate file for each student. Anyone got any ideas if this can be done? Thanks
-
Ok, thanks... the only one I can find now requires a microsoft account including the express
- 86 replies
-
- virtual box
- virtualbox
-
(and 1 more)
Tagged with:
-
Sorry, I should have said Visual Studio trial... we have auto login for student accounts but it's not passed through to the VM.
- 86 replies
-
- virtual box
- virtualbox
-
(and 1 more)
Tagged with:
-
Did you map a drive or just point the batch file to the share?... I can't get ours working via just the share. Also, how is everyone getting around having to sign-in with a Microsoft account once the 30 day trial expires?
- 86 replies
-
- virtual box
- virtualbox
-
(and 1 more)
Tagged with:
-
Ah, yes... I forgot that was the cause.
-
+1... we also have this issue.
-
Yep, we had to sign up for another support contract... thanks for the response though
-
Ok, I'll try that template... I was previously using this one https://gallery.technet.microsoft.com/Windows-10-1703-Desktop-902d8690 I don't think it's being overwritten but more that it's too quick for it's own good and it can't apply the link in time.... I have very few GPO's being applied at the moment as I wanted to get the basics working first (start menu etc.). If I attached a taskbar item from the start menu like settings it works fine everytime but if I copy one from the redirected start menu like word it doesn't work apart from on the orginal machine.... with the exception you can right click it and it knows its word and will also launch from there (see screenshot).
-
Firstly, great post I'm stuggling to get taskbar pinned items to sync correctly (I've added the above registry items)... for some reason I only get white icons where items should be pinned. Windows know's what they are as when I try to repin an item from the start menu it tells me it can unpin it and if I right click on the white icon it shows what it is and I can open it from there but if I click on it, it displays the message 'Can't open this item'. Any ideas?
-
Hi all, So we're playing around with Windows 10 1709 and UE-V and have noticed a few issues which doesn't seem to make sense and was hoping someone on here may have a solution: Task bar icons don't appear to transfer between machines for the same roaming user? Application settings for notepad appear to work fine between machines for the same roaming user but something like Audacity first run settings don't transfer? Edge doesn't transfer favourite's? Do you still redirect users AppData(Roaming)? Thanks Ben
-
Hi, We look after a primary school and they've just had some electrical testers in who have managed to fry their Meru MC1550... we think the 4GB Transcend Compact Flash card is dead. Is it possible to buy a new CF card and somehow apply 'meru-7.0-9-1-MC1550-rpm.tar' firmware which we have? Thanks Ben
-
Thanks for everyone's responses I've passed all this information up the chain, they can decide what they want to do.... we do have signs but we don't have the required information on the signs by the looks of it. What is the 30 days to comply?
