-
Posts
640 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by jaminben
-
Ok... I've reported what I can to Twitter, news is travelling the grape-vine and I've printed off what's been said. We'll see what happens next.
-
Thanks for the link but that still takes me to a page which is for reporting individual tweets... I want to shut the whole Twitter feed down. I suppose I could report each individual tweet but that would take a long time.
-
Hi, A student has created an abusive twitter account using images of staff members, making accusations and bad language. What's the quickest way to get this feed shutdown... I've been looking at twitter's site but going round in circles and my Google foo skills are letting me down atm. Thanks Ben
-
Its a start Signed up....
-
Oki... site looked good as well. I will donate next month @ payday (just bought a new GFX card to play so skint atm).
-
Is the new site located @ Tamriel Mining Corporation - Central Europe - Elder Scrolls Online - Guild Hosting - Guild Launch as I can't login with my details I signed upto with the original address (dadsmancave I think it was).
-
Cool.... getting pumped for it now.
-
I pre-ordered last night.... is it 12 noon on Sunday it becomes available?
-
Thats what we were quoted but we didn't know we had to buy at least 5.... only wanted one to see what it was like.
-
Did you have to purchase a license for each Chromebook you want to manage with the management system?
-
Yep, looks good to me as well.
-
I think I've setup the SSL certificate wrong... we didn't purchase one so have been trying to create our own following various guides. Need to read some more I guess.
-
Spent the morning reading and trying to setup SSO but I'm getting the error: My ActiveClientSignInUrl is: adserver.school.local is the FQDN of our test AD server. Have I gotten my setup wrong where its using "adserver.school.local" I should actually be using "schoolpublicdomain.com". Thanks Ben
-
Had a response from MS.... not good IMO. I don't think we can sell this over Google Drive.
-
Thanks Marshall, we're waiting up to 2 or 3 hours for documents to appear. Have sent MS a support ticket.
-
Is anyone able to confirm that shared documents can take several hours to appear in a recipient's area? Coming from Google drive where documents appear instantly OneDrive doesn't seem all that competative in this area.
-
Ok, thanks for the reply's Our domain name is now populating the email just fine. Does anyone sync their OneDrive accounts locally for students and staff? What about linking profile paths to OneDrive accounts? We're also noticing that shared documents don't appear unless the shared recipient clicks on the link in the email... is this normal behaviour?
-
Hi all, We're just starting to look at Office 365 (just to see what it can do) and I'm a little overwhelmed with all the information that's currently available and not sure where to start so looking for some advice please. So far I've setup a test network with an AD server, a Directory server (dirsync) and a few clients, I also have AD syncing with Office 365 which creates the required accounts. I'm waiting for MS eligibility for Office 365 Education. So what do I do now? What does an ADFS SSO setup offer me that I don't currently have with DirSync. How can I create a new user in AD and have the user's email address be our domain address rather than the .onmicrosoft.com version. Thanks Ben
-
This is what we do except using MDT... we just setup MDT with all its task sequences point Hyper-V to the boot image created by MDT and let it run automatically. Once its done its thing your left with a clean (not touched by human hands) driver agnostic .win file which is then imported into SCCM.
-
I like it... sign me up. Will be on this weekend if someone wants to take pity on a noob and show me the ropes (not played before).
-
I was lucky enough to get mine yesterday and I have to say I'm rather underwhelmed with it.... not sure if I'll continue to play it or not.
-
I'll be giving it a go this weekend... not played before so looking for some guidance on what to do.
-
Want to build HTPC for under £100 can it be done?
jaminben replied to abillybob's topic in General Chat
Thanks for this.... so much better than the official. -
Want to build HTPC for under £100 can it be done?
jaminben replied to abillybob's topic in General Chat
Add Deluge & Flexget to that and then you'd have the most perfect setup -
Want to build HTPC for under £100 can it be done?
jaminben replied to abillybob's topic in General Chat
I'm currently playing with Android devices... more specifically a Minix Neo x7 mini. I'm not overly impressed with the device but it is currently playing: 90% of my 1080p content 100% of my 720p content 100% of SD PVR content Not really working with HD PVR but I expect this to change For my PVR side of things I'm using TVHeadend which has near instant channel changing speeds. I think there are some new Android devices about to be launched which should play better with XBMC and for around £85 I think they are good solutions... they're also very small and fit behind the TV.
