-
Posts
640 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by jaminben
-
Maybe...
-
Who you gonna call?
-
1. Folder Redirection for Desktop, start menu is a folder on the redirected desktop (Windows 8 like it better) and mapped drives in GPP... ours appear on first logon. 2. Disabled them using Registry Hacks... not perfect but works.
-
MediaPortal as a backend TVServer and XBMC as your frontend... I'd stay clear of Myth TV, buts that just a bad personal experience. I'm running a headless server with 4 clients of various sorts running XBMC... 800+ movies and 1200+ tv shows archived... works quite well.
-
Agreed... would've been a nice shocker.
-
Attached two screenshots... one of Office 2013 showing the favourites I need to remove and the other of Notepad which is working correctly.
-
I have but it didn't make any difference... the registry value is being changed on the client machine but it's not preventing the libraries from appearing. Perhaps I'm misunderstanding what the registry edit does as it's actually 'Favorites' I need to remove. Anyway what I'm now seeing is that it works for Notepad but not Office 2013.
-
Hi, I'm trying to remove libraries from our 'Save As' menus... removing them from the file explorer view works ok. My registry settings are as follows and have been taken from here and are applying ok but not having any effect. SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Classes\CLSID\{031E4825-7B94-4dc3-B131-E946B44C8DD5}\ShellFolder REG_DWORD = B090010D Anyone got any suggestions? Thanks
-
That's exactly what we're seeing here.
-
For Gamers ... Best Game out or coming soon for PS4?
jaminben replied to connor_ict's topic in General Chat
I've not left the safety of hiding under a table yet -
Good question, we're also just about to deploy our SharePoint intranet site and noticed it still being rather sluggish even though I've upped the resources to 100,000 (a third of the available).
-
For Gamers ... Best Game out or coming soon for PS4?
jaminben replied to connor_ict's topic in General Chat
Shadow of Mordor or Alien Isolation... I've just started Alien and have to say it's probably my favorite game of the year so far. -
Ah, easy as that.... now I feel a bit dumb Every days a school day as they say...
-
You'll have to excuse my ignorance but I've never used GPP before... how would you do it with that?
-
YAY, that worked Now what's the best method for deleting that folder from 63 other machines? I guess I could do it with a powershell script.
-
I'm not 100% sure but the Java links are normally found in control panel (Windows 7) which we block access to but for what ever reason they appear in the Apps section for Windows 8.1. That's what I thought but they don't appear in my AppLocker to be blockable... maybe because they're not official Windows 8 Apps?
-
Thanks for the response... what's the knock on effect of disabling UAC? All I really need to do is prevent access to things like Java (see attached screenshot).
-
Morning all, Does anyone know how to remove access or prevent students from running things within the 'Apps' section of the Windows 8 start menu (the bit below the tiles)? Thanks Ben
-
Guess I'll start playing again then...
-
I looked last night and then decided to stop playing.....
-
We don't use that setting but I tried it anyway... still not working so I unchecked it and for some odd reason its started to work. Logged off and on loads of times and tried other devices and the settings are sticking so fingers crossed its sorted.
-
Hi, I have a strange issue with a very simple desktop folder redirection GPO and could do with some advice. The GPO has no other settings except for desktop redirection which is being redirected to a network share... there are no other GPO's in effect. The first time a user logs in they get the redirected desktop just fine but the second time the same user logs in and every time after that they get the local users desktop (C:\Users\testuser\Desktop\). If I run "gpupdate /force" and log in again it works fine but logging out and in again reverts it back to the local users desktop. We're using mandatory profiles and the issue only effects Windows 8.1 tablets and not Windows 7 desktops... we're also setup for .V4 profiles correctly. Can't see any errors in the Event Log and running a "gpresult" shows the correct GPO being set the first time with folder redirection but doesn't show folder redirection everytime after the first. Any ideas? Thanks Ben
-
Add the below to your loop: $textToLog = "AccountName: " + $_.samaccountname,"`r`nHome Directory: " + $_.HomeDirectory,"`r`nProfile Path: " + $_.profilepath $textToLog | Out-File -Append "C:\yourfilename.log"
-
I'm always up for joining a fire team if I'm on... just send me an invite.
