Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Kyle

Members
  • Posts

    1,027
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Kyle

  1. We use Vivo and I thought this was not available yet? How did you or do you get this set up?
  2. Yep this us the case. You extract a XML file through Sims and upload it manually Right pain, I have reminders set to do this every half term. The upload is not great either, normally takes about four or five attempts for a successful upload.
  3. I would like a different colour. If they are on report they are also in red on register but with a R next to it rather than D. It would be better if detention and report were not both red. But I don't think there is any need for different colours for different detentions😳😳
  4. Not sure if this si the correct forum to post this but here goes. We have an old Samsung OfficeSev 7200 phone system and we could do with a couple more Samsung ITP phones but they are discontinued now and you can't get them anywhere. I was wondering if any of you have one lying about in a old cupboard that you would be willing to sell. We are looking for the ITP-5114D or the ITP-5107S.
  5. We have over 60 iPads on one iTunes account?
  6. As part of my new role i need to deliver a 30 minute presentation/talk to new staff on e-safety. I have never doen this before and have no idea where to get material from to do this. Has anyone done anything like this before or can point me in the right direction for material?
  7. Recently we have had a new Head of English who keeps asking us to rip DVD's and add them to the network so multiple members of the department can play them at the same time. I am pretty sure this is illegal but the HOD is not prepared to buy 7 copies of each DVD. I was wondering if any one could help.
  8. We use Sims InTouch for this.
  9. What sort of price were these?
  10. Was just wondering if anyone is using a bog standard Plasma screen connected to the PC for display purposes in a classroom environment? We are thinking of doing this in some of the smaller classes that don't warrant a IWB. We are also planning to put a Apple TV with it as most of our staff have a iPad. Anyone using these in such a way to keep costs down instead of a full IWB & Projector install?
  11. I wonder if anyone could help me. I have been asked to look into Document Management software that must be compatible with Sims as well as other areas. We are looking at MStore and Swordfish as possibles so far but i was wondering if anyone could give advice or experience of using these vendors or any others software out there.
  12. If you have Promethean resources already can they be used on a Smartboard? We are looking at moving away from Promethean to Smart!
  13. Thanks guys for your answers. Hoping the Xbox One follows in the same path.
  14. But will it be able to access files on a Buffalo Linkstation or will it be only accessing files ona Microsoft based platform kit?
  15. What sort of download tiem do you get when downloading a full say 2 hour HD film?
  16. I am thinking of getting a Xbox One soon, I currently have a PS3 and fancy a change. What i cant seem to find out is if the Xbox One is capable of accessing my Buffalo Link-station where store my Music, Videos etc. I can access these no problem with my PS3 am not sure if you can with the Xbox One. I used to have a 360 some years ago but never had the Buffalo then so have no idea if any Xbox had this feature? The outcome of your answers will help me make my decision.
  17. I am thinking of moving away from Sky for my internet as my local BT exchange as not been upgraded to Openreach and according to BT website it has no planned date of upgrade either. I am thinking of ditching Sky (not their fault) and moving to Virgin for my internet where i know i am guaranteed getting 20mb. I have read on various forums that the Sky on Demand services can be flaking when using Virgin and can be slow as Sky servers can tell its a Virgin connection and slow you download down. Can anyone give any advice on this please?
  18. @PhilNeal Thanks for the update Phil. Off to investigate!
  19. Parago, pretty damn good.
  20. Thanks Phil, Do you have any idea on the red and green. I've seen this in the Green Abbey demo site. Have a look at Adrian Black homepage.
  21. Ok fiza, good point. It is Sims I am referring to.
  22. No one knows.....................oh dear!
  23. Does anyone know how the colours work on the homepage timeline? Here we only get two colours, blue which is the timetabled lesson and a sort of grey for diary events. I noticed that on the green abbey test enviroment that there are several other colours. I am guessing that yellow is cover but i noticed green for on rota and also red for SLT Anybody know/explain how this works?
  24. Someone else us tax payers will have to pay for!!
  25. As Phil Neal said, lesson Monitor and InTouch from Sims. We are using both with the behaviour in Sims and have had great success.
×
×
  • Create New...