CyberNerd
Members-
Posts
9,169 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by CyberNerd
-
That's a good plan. Thing is - I don't seem to be able to get IE to play the MP4 at all - it just invokes a media player - I'll have another look at my command line tomorrow.
-
British Army Goretex. Contract Number DC4BESL/1001 I picked mine up for £25 and been using them on a motorcycle in *very* wet weather. BOOTS PRO GORETEX - WORK - WATERPROOF - GRADE 1 USED - BRITISH ARMY BOOTS | eBay
-
Trying to find the best format that is naively supported by the browser - I''m trying to avoid plugins, FLV only works on windows and mac nowadays. IE seems to be a bit of a pig as usual, but I don't know how that will pan out for w8 phones.
-
ok. So I now have the export from MythTV encoding to both H.264/MP4 and VP8/webm Seems to work on everything except for IE9 - which wants to download it into mediaplayer. Is there any format that IE can play? and will this work for windows mobile phone users - I don't really want to marginalise them - being a linux user >10yrs I know how it can feel being in a minority.
-
I bet that is 100% BS. Check the exam specification. You can get site license pro accounts and download all the data for graphs etc.
-
Wolfram is pretty good for this sort of thing Wolfram|Alpha Examples - Food & Nutrition
-
Thanks. Thats useful. So about 50/50 means I'll have to support both.
-
I don't think it is a specific google format - they bought it and released it as open source on a "worldwide, non-exclusive, no-charge, royalty-free patent license" - so anyone can use it or change it. So how many browsers will support h.264/mp4? All the ones that don't support webm? I'm leaning towards both h.264 and webm which might be a pain as its double the amount of space!
-
Hi All. We are reviewing our video formats for moodle, with the aim to encode TV recordings and make them directly available on Moodle. Ideally we want want to be rid of external codec like flash and play directly in HTML5, so we started looking at webm. From what I gather webm plays naively in Chrome,Opera and Firefox - but only works in IE with a plugin (standards based, so no surprise here) it. It seems to work on Androids, Windows and Linux but not ipad. I can't seem to find anything that works across the board... Could you guys test this for me please: http://video.webmfiles.org/elephants-dream.webm Does it play on your phone/browser? did you need any plugins or does it run natively? I'm particularly interested in it working on ipads...
-
Hooray I have the basic 870 at home and it is really reliable.
-
Cisco 870 is a fantastic piece of kit. The 877W is the wireless one.
-
I've been using it and my colleague has been using it was first released in the states. Yes. It's awsome. Just make sure you utilise the schools bandwidth overnight or uploads can take ages!
-
It does work for most apps on 4+ - but there are always apps that do not run http traffic through ports 80 and 443 - these will be blocked by your firewall. We just selected the apps we want kids to use and enable to specific server ip address in the FW and block the rest.
-
It does past version 3.2. For 4+ you get different proxy settings for different networks.
-
Mass tablet deployment - network scaling
CyberNerd replied to localzuk's topic in Mobile Devices & Tablets
definitely get a new line I'm quite happy with our vaioni line -
Mass tablet deployment - network scaling
CyberNerd replied to localzuk's topic in Mobile Devices & Tablets
If you getting a true 100MB/s then I bet you will be fine. We added 200 extra devices and saw a modest 5-10Mb/s increase on net usage. All our documents and email are on Google apps so there is little in the way of large file transfers. For filtering a clustered smoothwall would work (does for us), or perhaps lightspeed which is more transparent ( as it works at layer2) but I'm not sure how well that scales. -
Some integration with cloudprint may also be useful, and let them deal with the ipad then... https://developers.google.com/cloud-print/
-
It would be better to do it on the firewall by VLAN.
-
Web print from odt,odp,ods would be nice to complement the docx,pptx,xlsx,pdf. It should be fairly easy to implement, given the OpenOffice/LibreOffice has command line conversion and print to file: https://help.libreoffice.org/Common/Starting_the_Software_With_Parameters
-
Almost all of our thin clients are intel mini-itx.
-
lol. Sorry. lets start again. My understanding was: Metro is a PITA to deploy apps. Ofsted recognise this and say don't bother - instead let the users do it. I was just saying you can link active directory accounts to the android store- hence I was making the assumption that you could link your AD credentials to the windows store. perhaps not.
