CyberNerd
Members-
Posts
9,169 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by CyberNerd
-
this is worth a watch
-
I think it's ok to have specialist units within mainstream schools. Infact I think it's a really good use of resources to pool specialisms such as ASD units into larger schools as long as the money ringfenced for them is spent in the correct way.
-
Are people *still* using these scripts !?!? It's 2013 guys! have you not heard of Web Proxy Auto-Discovery Protocol?
-
I would also agree that the core should operate at speeds an order of magnitude above the clients. I've been berated by others for suggesting this before on this forum so I understand that it is common for schools to install 1GB/s on clients without updating their servers. In my mind it stands to reason that clients should be restricted and I only started to upgrade clients to 1GB/s after I had upgraded the servers to and the main core uplinks.
-
Office365 - It looks like your account is blocked (ARGHHH)
CyberNerd replied to Ben_Stanton's topic in Cloud Services
Well if you manage to lock your admin account out of GAPPS (I did! ) you get put straight through to an engineer who will reset it.- 11 replies
-
- blocked
- directory sync
-
(and 3 more)
Tagged with:
-
Provisioning and maintaining a bunch of them is a bit of a pita compared to satellite or spacewalk on Centos/Scientific Linux (aka SUSE manager) Spacewalk: Free & Open Source Linux Systems Management I think there are some paid for canonical tools in ubuntu? do you use those?
-
Pm me your gmail account. You have to promise to join the resistance!!!
-
I heard it went: "There are 10 types of people who understand binary - those that do, and those that get sex on a regular basis
-
['hip','hip'] (hip hip array!)
-
Ingress (game) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
-
I have about 7 now. But I've effectively retired as I 'completed' lvl 8.
-
The website just randomly links to 404 errors: sometimes it links to youtube, sometimes it 404's! http://www.openclass.com/open/home/AiHE7Ulg-Ws Seems they are running Apache Tomcat/7.0.14 - current version being 7.0.40 fixing a plethora of vulnerabilities. Apache Tomcat - Apache Tomcat 7 vulnerabilities oh - it's Pearson. That explains everything.
-
https://www.ja.net/products-services/janet-collaborate/janet-videoconferencing-service JaNET allow schools to connect.
-
Did you use the exchange Activsync when setting up the accounts? Set up Google Sync with your iOS device - Google Apps Help
-
Find an insurance company that covers you.
-
In that case I would recommend it! It's saved us a fortune on compressed air cans. I think you'll also need to buy a hose and an air trigger.
-
We have one of these http://www.toolstation.com/shop/p61926?utm_source=feed&utm_medium=googleshopping&utm_campaign=googleshopping&gclid=COyV4oaogbgCFXMRtAodNWUAqg
-
oops posted to wrong thread. I find USB to serial quite good on linux as the drivers are generally built in
-
Secure Social Learning Network for Teachers and Students
CyberNerd replied to hellybobs's topic in Educational Software
Google apps has an option for using Google+ within the domain. The advantage is that its a 'real world' social networking site and can be centrally controlled. The disadvantage is that there is an age restriction to 13 years. Mahara could be an option (also free) and I understand that it integrates quite well with moodle https://wiki.mahara.org/index.php/System_Administrator's_Guide/Moodle//Mahara_Integration -
iwlwifi
-
Google apps Single Sign on. Papercut web printing (I'm hoping they'll integrate cloud print at some point). Citrix secure gateway.
-
So the way we did it was to treat the wireless network as if it is part of the internet. There is no access to internal network resources whatsoever. However, all of our learning resources are published on webservers inside the DMZ (web printing too), the students home drive and applications are spread over Google apps and Citrix terminal servers (via a web server). Students have the SAME access to their resources whether they are in school, at home, on their own device in school or in an internet cafe the other side of the planet.
-
Should kids use iPads for textbooks in school?
CyberNerd replied to timbo343's topic in General Chat
Sounds like the same cretinous wanktitude that says MSoffice has loads of features the school will never need, therefore I'll waste thousands of pounds per year on an EES agreement.
