-
Posts
787 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by siuko
-
You've obviously not tried Veggie Percy from M&S They are very tasty indeed
-
I am just setting up start menu shortcuts for our students on our new 2008 domain. I am using GPP to provide the shortcuts (as the item level targeting seems very useful - ie they only get a shortcut if a certain specified file exists etc) I have this working but my only issue so far is that the student is able to delete the shortcut. When using a redirected start menu we can set permissions to stop deletion etc. Does anyone know a way to set permissions on GPP added shortcuts? Ta
-
We use Eset Endpoint Antivirus for Business. (Was Eset Nod32 for Business) We have used Eset for years - it has low resource usage and is easily to deploy with the Remote Administration Server.
-
Hehe they are We have used them for whole school assemblies in the hall and sometimes at christmas.... They are crazy load for their size and have very nice bass
-
We have always bought Creative Gigaworks T20 speakers for using in our school hall when we have to setup a laptop etc. They are loud considering their size and can be purchased well below £100
-
Anyone playing the game and/or watching the series? Tried the beta of the game - but not put my money down for retail yet lol
-
Pah! that sauce was too easy to find And haribo aren't veggie so I'm not playing
-
Yes he will sell you 4 for the price of 10 lol
-
INTJ here too..... And career choice No.1 - Computer Programmer lol
-
We are just starting to move some of our users over to a Windows 2008 server. We are planning on switching to using roaming profiles. The Active User Manager software we use to create the accounts can also create the home share and profile shares. It asks when creating the profile share if we would like to create the .V2 profile folders for vista etc. The problem I am having is trying to get this to be hidden. The V1 folder I can have renamed to p$ - which hides fine - but then the V2 folder ends up being called p$.v2 - which isnt hidden. Anyone got any ideas? If I look in Active User and Computers on the Windows 2008 server I cannot even find anywhere to manually set the V2 folder location (incase Active User Manager is a little dated)
-
We use Edge10 T171b monitors everywhere - they are glass fronted so don't get things poked in the screens easily and are 17" 1280x1024.... My suppliers still seem to be able to source them and they cost about £70-80 normally
-
PM sent - I can send it you
-
I had to apply this patch too. My Patch 17698.zip included 3.61.835 to 3.61.861 17698 Patch.XML, 3.61.835 to 3.61.861 17698 Patch.ZIP and 3.61.835 to 3.61.861 17698 Patch.ZIP.signature. Did yours contain all 3? PS. You shouldnt unzip the 3.61.835 to 3.61.861 17698 Patch.ZIP (so shouldnt see the sql file)
-
Employees of the school are based on if they have a live contract with the school I think?
-
No children
-
Sounds like he may like similar stuff to me then... I will try digging out others I've read when I get home later - a lot are fairly obscure (but sadly quite old too).
-
Do you know what sort of SciFi he likes? I enjoy reading Hard SciFi and I'd recommend these which I have read lately (not all hard scifi though) Tomorrow and Tomorrow Macroscope Cold as Ice Between the strokes of night Gateway Tau Zero
-
I am happy with christmas... becuase... I only need to book 2 days annual leave off and I get to be off from 21st Dec - 7th Jan!!! W0000000000000000000000000000T!
-
School Website Migration Fail. PHP help!
siuko replied to dnavekar's topic in Internet Related/Filtering/Firewall
Yeah looks like php isnt enabled on that site -
School Website Migration Fail. PHP help!
siuko replied to dnavekar's topic in Internet Related/Filtering/Firewall
Yeah I had noticed that you had got test.html on there and running so it proves that you are in the right directory and its loading html ok. Now just to check that the server can run php correctly -
School Website Migration Fail. PHP help!
siuko replied to dnavekar's topic in Internet Related/Filtering/Firewall
In your test.php put this line and nothing else <?php phpinfo(); ?> If php is working correctly it will show up lots of useful info about your server setup and prove that this are running ok. -
School Website Migration Fail. PHP help!
siuko replied to dnavekar's topic in Internet Related/Filtering/Firewall
What is your actual structure of your website files? Do you access them via ftp? The apache page loading looks like the default install one and it looks like it isnt reading your specific website files so we need to know how everything is structured etc Possibly go as far as uploading a text.html and test.php with a bit of text in each to confirm they show into the relevant directory and test to see if you can access them from http://www.kibprimary.leics.sch.uk/test.html or http://www.kibprimary.leics.sch.uk/test.php -
Maybe this will help? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NV_7pk6SJ0I
-
I had a problem with my kindle on my home wifi... it would only ever connect with total unauthorised and none hidden ssid. I fixed it by updating the firmware on my router (I guess it was using some old auth method that the kindle didnt like) It then worked fine with hidden ssid and wpa2.
-
OMG!!! They must have....... TEACHERS VISITING!! RUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUN
