-
Posts
12,849 -
Joined
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by Michael
-
All your points are valid, but I think a lot depends how you configure your FW rule. Port 25 should only resolve to the outbound FQDN list as specified in your FW rule. It also depends whether the whole LAN or just the iLO IPs are specified to narrow down the scope. I appreciate it's a medium risk, but I've previously tried relays which were hit and miss.
-
Hi all, Case scenario - HPE iLO 4 (even the latest 2.80 firmware) does not support SMTPs, SSL/TLS or authentication of any kind, whereas iLO 5 does out the box. Here's how to get AlertMails working on iLO 4 - As per the screenshot, configure settings as - Email Address: [email protected] Sender Domain: school.bham.sch.uk SMTP Port: 25 SMTP Server: school-bham-sch-uk.mail.protection.outlook.com On your firewall allow the following on your SMTP outbound rule - SMTP, in addition to SMTPs (which is most likely already enabled) Add the FQDN: school-bham-sch-uk.mail.protection.outlook.com Amend your SFP record in DNS and specify your school's public IP - v=spf1 include:spf.protection.outlook.com ip4:xx.xxx.xx.xxx -all Wait for DNS to replicate (10 mins+), then try an AlertMail test from iLO 4. I hope this helps someone else in the age of email security and older applications/devices not supporting these requirements
-
Performing an in place upgrade has worked absolutely fine for me. Currently running version 2.1.1.0, which I believe is still the latest and no problems (touchwood).
-
Yes at every site I support - I've previously discussed it on Edugeek. WUfB is definitely the way to go over WSUS. The biggest advantage of course is clients will continue to update outside the four walls of your school or business.
-
Sharepoint for Staff drive and Iamcloud Drive mapper
Michael replied to maxrebo's topic in Cloud Services
Apologies to jump on this - this is where I think Google's got it right/better - Google Drive (formerly Google File Stream) works for Documents and Shared Drives. -
Yes - but they're only available on the Windows Catalog and not Windows Update. All a manual process and only applies to DCs. I'm half tempted to skip the May update on DCs and install the June update when it becomes available.
-
So out of curiosity, has anyone installed the May 2022 CU and the May OOB patch on either 2016 or 2019 DCs? I'm still on the April 2022 CU for all servers.
-
Broadband is up for renewal, who you using?
Michael replied to Jaan's topic in Internet Related/Filtering/Firewall
I wouldn't want to make Lee's head too big, but Wave 9's support is second to none, given all the providers I've worked with over the years! -
Ubiquity Unify Windows controller - service not starting
Michael replied to iSteve's topic in Wireless Networks
Agreed - make sure you install a 64Bit version of Java as a starting point. If that still fails, apply an upgrade over the existing install.- 6 replies
-
- controller
- services
-
(and 2 more)
Tagged with:
-
From experience, I've found using a screen capture tool may be the way forward for such scenarios, then crop it down as appropriate. And as you say, if you can re-create the problem outside your LAN, or even a home computer, it just adds more weight. Specific times/dates are also useful.
-
To the best of my knowledge, each school has its own subdomain to access CPOMS. I've had no reports though of any issues. I presume your users are using Chrome or Edge as their browser?
-
The Gen 2 Ubiquiti switches are all L3 (as far as I'm aware). It's the Gen 1 switches which are all L2.
-
That's a good point actually - maybe I should have included Remove IE and install nothing else (browser-less)?
-
[sims] IE11 desktop application retires in 1 month on June 15, 2022
Michael replied to Koldov's topic in MIS Systems
Happy days - sounds like it's well overdue, but better than never! -
That's correct, Solus isn't smart enough to skip updates it can't download and proceed to the next. If it did, this probably wouldn't be an issue.
-
Hi all, With Internet Explorer entering the history books, what are your plans for Windows Server?
-
[sims] IE11 desktop application retires in 1 month on June 15, 2022
Michael replied to Koldov's topic in MIS Systems
You could try a few upgrade files, say from 2010 > 2014 > 2018 etc... and build it up slowly. If that doesn't work, I guess you could publish the question on an HP forum? -
Glad it's not just me - clearly software related issues with the change of URL.
-
[sims] IE11 desktop application retires in 1 month on June 15, 2022
Michael replied to Koldov's topic in MIS Systems
The HP Procurve 2324? Epic for its time! -
I had this exact issue - I had to log a call with the support provider and it took maybe 30 mins to resolve.
-
[sims] IE11 desktop application retires in 1 month on June 15, 2022
Michael replied to Koldov's topic in MIS Systems
If they're HP/Aruba, upgrading to a newer firmware doesn't require IE or Java and works fine in Chrome. -
[sims] IE11 desktop application retires in 1 month on June 15, 2022
Michael replied to Koldov's topic in MIS Systems
I suspect it'll be a removal tool like Flash. After IE is removed, you'll still see a cut down version of Internet Options in Control Panel. -
[sims] IE11 desktop application retires in 1 month on June 15, 2022
Michael replied to Koldov's topic in MIS Systems
Download the IE Tab Chrome extension. This works with Hikvision -
Software/website aside, the most accurate way is to connect a LAN cable directly into your router at source and choose a quiet time. If you want to be even more accurate, perform the above and disconnect your whole LAN, so you're isolated to one device with a static IP. If you're getting as low as 7Mb/s, then I'd ask to see reports of actual usage. It could well be you need to increase it from 100Mb/s > 200Mb/s or more as your budget allows, or there is something fundamentally wrong. Surely end users would be complaining of lag?
