manc_techie
Members-
Posts
127 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by manc_techie
-
+1 for Arena, found them a pleasure to deal with and savings were amazing at my previous employer > 40%
-
We're using DPM here to a QNAP NAS and HP Server in remote cabinet with Firestreamer used as a VTL to take a full copy offsite weekly.
-
Thin Clients keep being unplugged
manc_techie replied to manc_techie's topic in Thin Client and Virtual Machines
I agree it's classroom management but there's one member of staff looking after over 150 clients and they're doing their best. I was looking at mounting to the back of monitors but I've recently started and there's no VESA mounts I guess new monitors could be a solution. -
Good Afternoon Edugeekers, We are seeing an annoying issue at the moment of students unplugging all of the cables from our Thin Clients and using this an excuse to do no work. Teaching staff aren't having much luck stopping them doing this and I was wondering has anyone come across a way to physically lock access to the rear ports on a HP T520 Thin Client. We've tried using cable ties to no luck. Thanks,
-
Hi, we use a system called Tensor here using RFID cards this doubles as our clocking and HR system as they do a separate module for HRIS
-
I've just rolled out Tensor HR here, has an access management module so allows clock in/out via RFID cards and access control depending on job function. The Self Service portal is rather nifty too.
-
I'm using Skype4B business here over Gamma SIP trunks, this uses Exchange Online UM features for voicemail and auto-attendant. Most staff are using Logitech Headsets and the Skype4B client being in business now we do a fair bit of international dialling but going from a Nortel BCM40 using ISDN to this is saving around £24k a year which is a huge saving as any calls between our sites now go over SIP.
-
We use ManageEngine (the free one) easy to configure and customise and allows jobs to reported online or via email. There's an IOS app too for the team when out and about.
-
AV Installers Resellers in East Anglia Suffolk
manc_techie replied to ReBoot's topic in AV and Multimedia Related
I've used Snellings in Norwich before, the engineers and PM are a great bunch of chaps: Snelling Business Systems -
Pupil and Staff Leavers - Server Account Maintenance
manc_techie replied to Aqua's topic in How do you do....it?
@Frostmaul with Office365 I haven't found a way to archive OneDrive but I convert mailboxes to a shared mailbox -
+1 for Andechs, lovely walk up to it as well
-
Having worked in all 3 and lived in 2 I'd have to recommend Munich in the Summer, a perfect mix of city and The Alps on the doorstep and plenty of hearty Bavarian Cuisine. The Hirschgarten and Augustiner Keller are great for local food and beer. Plenty of museums and the Deutsches Museum by the Isar is great for historical tech.
-
+1 for Symprex, you can easily deploy different signature attributes depending on staff group
-
Good point, that was pre-proof read one I had knocking around on Dropbox..... Well I think it was the draft
-
Here's one I did a while back, hope it's some use to you https://db.tt/4s4dixGp Their line manager has their password and gives them a basic induction with live teaching material
-
Here's one I did a while back, hope it's some use to you https://db.tt/4s4dixGp
-
We use NTCADCAM and their support is great and they provide training for IT staff as well
-
The same as Timbo343 - Papercut MF with Toshiba e-Studios and the odd Kyocera Desktop Printer. Had a few hardware issues at 1st with the MFD's but our Managed Print provider had them fixed within a few days
-
Ours are based on UN Location Codes as we have sites all over. GBMNCPWDC01 - A physical Windows DC located here in Manchester.
-
Large format printer recommendations (24")
manc_techie replied to SpaceInvader83's topic in Hardware
We have a Canon imagePROGRAF iPF815 in our Engineering Department, it's a 44 inch job and is brilliant. Loved by the staff and reliable to boot.- 4 replies
-
- epson
- large format printer
-
(and 2 more)
Tagged with:
-
6Music or Radio4 for me
-
I've used this: Software before
-
+1 for ICT Direct, were always a pleasure to deal with.
