-
Posts
1,409 -
Joined
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by robk
-
The Blue pair is normally used for voice, but it doesnt have to be. This is a very old thread thats been dug up...
-
That adaptor is the wrong way round, and is made for pat testing cables. You can't goe from two wire supply to a three wire bit of kit safely.
-
The yamaha kits are very good for small stuff. Very easy to rig and pack. Seem good value for money.
-
Live@edu "you can't complete that task here" error with SSO
robk replied to robk's topic in Enterprise Software
Thanks James, I will give support a ring. I am however slightly worried that there seems to be no way of doing seamless Single Sign On with Office 365? Currently we can Click a link, which uses integrated auth to log in. With Office 365 & AD FS users have to type their email address. Is there any way of implementing AD FS authentication without the extra step? -
Live@edu "you can't complete that task here" error with SSO
robk replied to robk's topic in Enterprise Software
Anybody? I know the migration to office365 is well underway, but we can't be the only ones left on live@edu can we? @jamesbmarshall any thoughts? The error I am seeing is very simalar to this one 2010 - Sharepoint to Live@Edu SSO Email Integration - SharePoint Though there seems to be no response to that one either. Help! -
Happy birthday @ZeroHour
-
Still down for us. delivery temporarily suspended: lost connection with mx2.embc.uk.com[92.43.65.8] while sending
-
We have Live@edu set up with the SSO toolkit which has been working fine for 12 months. We are now finding that random users get a "you can't complete that task here" page when redirected from the SSO page. If they then go to http://www.outlook.com they log into their email anyway. Is this affecting anyone else, or even better anyone got a fix?
-
From memory about £200 not 100% sure though.
-
We have a pro-elec one from CPC in our office, seems ok, the old homebase one we brought 3 years before died with a electrical burning kind of smell... Not sure they are designed for long term use but never mind.
-
Anyone have any other suggestions? Starting to panic....
-
@GrumbleDook unfortunately not. We have done that stage. @SYNACK We have a Apple style ical file published on our webserver, so I need to programmatically subscribe users to the correct ical file accessed via http. I can do it manually, but of course with that sort of number I don`t want to have to do it for every person that way!
-
I am sure I have seen powershell code to add a subscription to a shared calendar, However, now I need to do it I can't find the details! Can anyone share the powershell code to add a ical subscription to a users mailbox? I dont want to have to do 1400 manually! Thanks
-
Thanks @Arthur saved us a job... Adobe do not like the non public links shared, its against the EULA that you clicked to agree when they sent the links to you. Seems daft to not just publish the usable files, but thats adobe for you.
-
Got the same issue here. @Sheridan did you ever get a fix from Sophos?
-
They tend to be very careful with first time donors so allow loads of time. Otherwise really good advice in this thread. I am now on about 30 pints...
-
not quite sure why you would need to do this. WLAN traffic is not usually Routed via the controller, only the management traffic going to the controller.
-
Halt or just sleep for a bit...
-
I have managed to get hold of a device that exibits the problem. A very old XP home machine running IE8. It seems that Forms based auth Fails for no reason. I am therefore thinking try basic auth. I have authmode="Windows" in hapconfig.xml and made the change in IIS. I can now log in, but myfiles reverts to a forms login. I have clearly missed something, but what?
-
We have just taken delivery of some HP Pro book 6560b laptops which we are building via a USB stick as WDS has not got the WinPE network drivers. Whatever we do, the USB stick becomes corrupted during installation (requireing reformating for the next attempt) but the machine doesnt load the nic drivers, and therefore doesnt join our domain! I have never seen this issue before, has anyone else, and if so how did you get round it?
-
Has anyone been able to find any Linux software for reading DRM protected ebook files? We have 20 or so Asus eee pc701 laptops running Easypeasy linux. Our Librarian would like to try out ebook loans from the county library service, but that is Adobe DRM protected. Can anyone suggest a solution? Or do we just bin them and buy Android tablets when budget available.
-
I have asked several members of staff with the issue to reset their IE settings to default, and even this hasn't fixed the issue. Is it worth trying an older version of HAP? I really need to get this running, the users who can log in love HAP its just the few who can not! (and of course is a SLT member that can't get it to work.) Any thoughts on where to look for a solution greatly apprecated.
-
live@edu asking for secondary phone and email details
robk replied to robk's topic in Cloud Services
@jamesbmarshall Thanks for the information, I have to agree with @PiqueABoo some notice would have been nice, is there any way to delay the collection of this data for a site? Or at least whats the minimum information that can be entered. I am concerned that some parents will consider this a DPA issue with the collection of student mobiles etc. -
We are finding that live@edu is putting in a secondary screen requesting mobile phone and secondary email addresses. We are using sso so don't need the password reset functions. Anyone know if this can be stopped? @jamesbmarshall are you arround?
-
[blackberry] Can a blackberry sync to live@edu?
robk replied to robk's topic in Mobile Devices & Tablets
We tried both active sync and imap on the device, only imap worked, as far as I know IMAP only syncs email, active sync would be required for calendar sync. Would love to know how your students are connecting? It sounds like theres at least something available that would work.
