Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

robk

Mod Staff
  • Posts

    1,409
  • Joined

Everything posted by robk

  1. Screen monkey would be a good start
  2. What @michael2k6 said... I save as text then rename to .bat after making excel do the work, but paste via notepad sounds like a good shortcut. Have you got the photos pre import to sims? If so that might be quicker.
  3. Just voted will see if I can find a second ip to vote from.....
  4. Kings cross / St Pancras tube has the same machines. I was looking at the ticket office queue until I realised they were available!
  5. There is a formula to convert 10 digit mifare to 8 digit paxton card nos. Not got it to hand, but it's on the paxton forums.
  6. It's a hardware mifare reader I am looking for ideally.
  7. Please read the error message, it can sometimes tell you how to fix the problem yourself, and really helps us identify the problem quickly when you report it.
  8. Is anyone using the datasec toolkit with Facility? We seem to be hitting more problems than we should and would like to compare notes with others!
  9. @plexer that would be really useful. Did you get it from a uk supplier? I am looking for a prefix letter (I think mls uses ~) the 10 digit card serial no then a enter key. Has anyone done this with ellipse.net?
  10. That is exactly the issue, just not been able to find a solution to the programming issue. So hoping there may be either a hardware solution that works, or some a software fix that someone could recommend.
  11. Does anyone know of any way of using either a standard mifare card reader or if there are any readers that can be configured with the correct character prefix for Eclipse? Trying to get rid of biometrics on our library system and we have now issued mifare cards to all users, so that seems to be a good way to go!
  12. It looks very much like itap... With a rapid rebrand!
  13. Ah, I see so can you lock out a lost card them, or do you have to update the doors if they are working off line? The Paxton units as you say work with paxton wireless, though in theory you could use them off line by having one wireless unit that you moved round to update programming etc. Sounds like both systems are worth a look.
  14. Worth looking at the Paxton net lock devices, sound very similar to the salto system, they have only been available for the last year or so. Quick to fit and cheap, but are battery powered and not suitable for external doors. Our cards are bog standard mifare, whatever we can get cheap at the time.
  15. We have just fitted Paxton Net 2 with mifare cards, works well, tech support is excellent and all UK built kit with 5 years warranty, well worth it.
  16. We are running windows 7 32bit, and have just installed some print queues using the Ricoh pcl6 universal driver. If we are logged on as a domain admin, then everything works as expected. Normal users however see custom page sizes instead of a4, printing to a3 seems not possible, some apps eg publisher don't print at all etc Has anyone seen similar problems, and if so how did you fix it?
  17. If the deposit is refundable, on attendance or proper cancelation I.e. Telling someone the week before your schools changed its mind, rather than just a no show then it doesn't matter who pays the deposit. It's only there to ensure we don't book food etc for far too many people and waste funds. The idea of charging and freebies could have issues with schools "no gift" policies.
  18. Happy birthday @ZeroHour!
  19. No, the file needs to be on a web server, the smoothwall utm has that built in, might be worth a google of auto proxy methods. The way a device finds the file can be from dns or dhcp.
  20. Have you contacted ms support? I seem to remember they have to make some changes for dir sync on a large domain. I could be wrong though.
  21. Seems that the more information page is missing the download link. It can however be found on this page Install or upgrade the Directory Sync tool keeping fingers crossed.
  22. I reinstalled the existing, so hoping I can fond the new version and install over the weekend.
  23. Ok seems @jamesbmarshall didnt work before. Maybe should learn to spell!
  24. @the_dude did Microsoft get back to you with anything? @EduTech & @ jamesbmarshall is there any general info from Ms that you could share?
  25. And ours has just gone bang again as well. Glad I didn't close the ms support ticket down the other night.
×
×
  • Create New...