nLinked
Members-
Posts
168 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by nLinked
-
[android] Android tablets for schools, how does the Market work?
nLinked replied to nLinked's topic in Mobile Devices & Tablets
Sounds great, can I ask which tabs you have? -
[android] Android tablets for schools, how does the Market work?
nLinked replied to nLinked's topic in Mobile Devices & Tablets
Let's say we have a lot of Android devices around a business all using the same Google account for the market. But one user bought an app for £1. Would this then be allowed for all devices on the account? Will Google do anything about that? -
We have received an update for a catalogue in FMS. There are hundreds of items. When I import the catalogue, we notice the prices are not updating for the majority of items. The supplier says we must delete the catalogue first from FMS. But Capita's KB68971 says: "It is possible to delete each Part line by line, but not the whole catalogue quickly. This is a known issue, and has been raised as an internal defect." Is there any way at all someone knows how to delete all items? Although the new catalogue imports fine, the prices are all the old prices.
-
[ms office - 2010] Outlook 2010 send immedietely group policy exists?
nLinked replied to nLinked's topic in Office Software
Think I just figured it out again, found an option called Send immedietely when connected in the OCT tool. Made patch, testing. EDIT: I ended up not trying the above. Instead we found a GP in Outlook > Mail setup > and in there is an option to send immedietely. Works great so far. -
[ms office - 2010] Outlook 2010 send immedietely group policy exists?
nLinked replied to nLinked's topic in Office Software
OK just given the OCT a shot and made a patch file but what happens is it creates a new Exchange profile for the domain user who logs in, as well as the one that is automatically made for the domain user when they first launch Outlook. Neither however have the defined send/rec settings I specified. In the OCT I chose the following options: I then reinstalled Office with the above generate MSP file. Logged in as a domain user, and they now have two accounts in Outlook, one is automatically made as normal from Exchange, and one is the %username% one above. I don't really want the latter one created but the OCT needs me to specify one in order for the send/rec groups options to display. -
[ms office - 2010] Outlook 2010 send immedietely group policy exists?
nLinked replied to nLinked's topic in Office Software
Think I just figured it out, lets see how this goes... -
[ms office - 2010] Outlook 2010 send immedietely group policy exists?
nLinked replied to nLinked's topic in Office Software
Patch sounds good. When I try to run the OCT it shows the attached screen. We didn't originally use the OCT to configure and deploy office, it was installed as normal and made as part of the OS image. Is there any way to use the OCT to modify the current installation and then make a patch? -
[ms office - 2010] Outlook 2010 send immedietely group policy exists?
nLinked replied to nLinked's topic in Office Software
Thanks for confirming, that's horrible. Really would like the software to send immedietely. Currently we get messages stuck in Outboxes and users call asking why they didn't send. They either have to manually send messages or we have to do the setting. Our Outlook 2007 GP had a policy. 1 step forward 2 steps back. -
We have Office 2010 deployed and can see it's GPs in Group Policy Management. On the user's machine, we are currently having to go to Outlook 2010 > Send/Receive tab > Define Send / Receieve groups... and then tick the boxes to make it send mail every minute, and then we also click Edit... and tick the first box that says to Include this account in the send/rec group. Now the user's outgoing mail will send automatically. But I can't find a GP for any of these settings. I've got all the Outlook 2010 GPs there but not for this partiticular auto-send setting. Is there one? It's crazy having to go around to do this on each machine.
-
Anyone successfully linked ownCloud 4.0.2 to Active Directory
nLinked replied to nLinked's topic in Wired Networks
Well I fixed the error 500 page by installing php5-ldap (duh!) on the server. Now when I try to login as an AD user into ownCloud, it just returns to the login page again and again. -
I have it installed on Ubuntu Server 12.04, and following lots a guides such as these, but whatever I try, I can't login to ownCloud as an AD user. When I do, I just get a blank page in Firefox, or a Server 500 error page in Chrome. If anyone manages to, can you show me what settings you used please for the ownCloud LDAP config page?
-
Similar fix here, I fixed various errors in FMS for a user by copying my PDOX... file into their computer, opening it with notepad and changing only my username which was in that file to their one. Worked immediately.
-
Virtual studio with green screen for schools?
nLinked replied to nLinked's topic in AV and Multimedia Related
More options, great thanks! -
Virtual studio with green screen for schools?
nLinked replied to nLinked's topic in AV and Multimedia Related
Thanks, this looks interesting, just having a look at your site. -
[android] Android tablet loses Wi-Fi proxy settings
nLinked replied to nLinked's topic in Mobile Devices & Tablets
The G9 tablets have recently received the Android 4 update. The 70b tabs are on Honeycomb (3.2). -
Virtual studio with green screen for schools?
nLinked replied to nLinked's topic in AV and Multimedia Related
They want a really high end one, am open to other companies but am finding it hard to find other full kits. -
We are looking for a full kit, preferably with HD camera, but it must have everything including green screen. This would be for our media dept. We have found this but it is very expensive. Anyone know of alternatives?
-
[android] Android tablet loses Wi-Fi proxy settings
nLinked posted a topic in Mobile Devices & Tablets
We have Archos 70b and Archos 80 G9 tablets as a trial in the school, and have configured a wi-fi connection on the tablets. They connect fine. The G9 tablets have recently received the Android 4 update. The 70b tabs are on Honeycomb. If I tap and hold the wireless network I created and do Modify, there is a box there to enter our proxy address and port. I do this and save it. I can now browse the net on the tablet and all sites work fine. We have to use this proxy in the school or the net doesn't work on the tablets as everything must go through the proxy. However, on both tablets, if I disconnect wi-fi and reconnect, it connects fine, but loses the proxy settings I set on the WLAN, as if I never set it in the first place. So the net can't be browsed. My personal Galaxy SII maintains the proxy fine. Why can't these tablets? Is there anything we can do? -
Sophos Endpoint 10/Enterprise console 5 released
nLinked replied to DrCheese's topic in Enterprise Software
I've just upgraded to Sophos 5 on the server. The manual here on page 7 says, "The next time Enterprise Console downloads updates, it will download the new version of the endpoint software. Your Windows computers will then upgrade themselves to version 10.0 automatically". But just under that is a note saying, "To deploy the patch agent to your Windows computers, you must reprotect them using the Protect computers wizard. You must do this even if they have an earlier version of Sophos Endpoint Security and Control installed". Isn't that contradicting? Will the client machines automatically update? I have already done the Software Subscription setting to "10.0 Recommended" but that's where I've left it. -
[sims] MSSQL backups from SIMS filling drive space
nLinked replied to nLinked's topic in MIS Systems
Thanks all! -
Anyone have these (attached)? No specific schedule. Some are recent. Taking lots of space. How are these managed, why are they there, are they safe to move or remove?
-
I just don't get it. I installed the same exact bundle on my own virtual machine, and the VM is placed in the same AD location as teacher machines. I logged on as a teacher, and logged into iTALC as a teacher (using AD option in iTALC, not keys), and it works great! On an actual teacher machine, I get this event log error: The application, C:\Program Files\iTALC\italc.exe, generated an application error The error occurred on 03/28/2012 @ 14:11:14.954 The exception generated was c0000005 at address 7C91A5DB (ntdll!RtlReAllocateHeap) What does that even mean? I've checked the installation files and the count and size are exactly the same as on my working machine. I just don't get it. Same account, different machine, same AD location, same permissions. I can't figure it out!
-
Thank you. So disappointed. Even if I make a VM on my PC with same settings as a teacher PC, and use a teacher account, it works GREAT. Just not on actual teacher machines.
-
Did you ever sort this out, Dave? I'm having a similar issue. Works fine on my machine, but not teachers. But even if I logon as local admin on a teachers, it doesn't work. We're using AD logon option instead of keyfiles. When a teacher launches iTALC 2, it asks for a logon, accepts the teacher's account, and nothing happens - closes.
