Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

nLinked

Members
  • Posts

    168
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by nLinked

  1. This will be my first time updating HAP. I'm on 8.1. Do I still download the full download, or the "example" HAP+ "Web v8.0 -> v8.3 Upgrade" download at the bottom of this page?
  2. Thanks it works, my browser cache thinking I was still logged on as another user.
  3. I've managed to rename the page title that appears at the top of the browser window, but only for the Login page. I made the change in Login.aspx. But after a user logs in, how do I change the title page there? I can't find it anywhere. The title for that page is "[school name] - Home Access Plus+ - Home". Anyone know where to change that one?
  4. All working great now, thanks for all your help. Do you know if there's a way to allow me to still access setup.aspx, but not allow anyone else? I have made the changes to web.config which Setup told me to make when I clicked SAVE, but that then locks me out from setup.aspx. Of course, I don't want anyone else to be able to go to setup.aspx if I do enable it...
  5. I too am getting a red X on Services Activated. Although I am using a valid wildcard certificate instead (which works for all our other sites). I do have another site running in IIS under Default Sites which required the wildcard cert. If the only fix to this is to use a self-signed one, how can I assign it to the HAP site only? Or is there another fix for the red X? If I go to https://localhost/hap/api/setup, I get: A binding instance has already been associated to listen URI 'https://[server]/hap/api/setup'. If two endpoints want to share the same ListenUri, they must also share the same binding object instance. The two conflicting endpoints were either specified in AddServiceEndpoint() calls, in a config file, or a combination of AddServiceEndpoint() and config. EDIT: Just fixed it using your own reply to another post: "Remove the http binding from IIS, see if that fixes it" Thanks!
  6. Amazing! Thanks. I had to remove almost every MIME type to get it working. Am now left with just the following:
  7. Thanks, just enabled the error pages, and this is what I get when visiting basestyle.css: http://i.imgur.com/81bdm.jpg
  8. I get the following: The page cannot be displayed because an internal server error has occurred. I'm on IIS 8 on Server 2012 evaluation. But it seems very similar to 7 so I would think it would work. Throughout the documentation, I did get only one problem which some others have: On step 30, "Add the permission: a. IIS AppPool\HAP (Findable from the Local Machine)" I wasn't able to find this user on the local machine. So I used this post and this command to add the user in: icacls C:\inetpub\wwwroot\Hap /grant "IIS AppPool\HAP":(RX) Everything else was OK from that point.
  9. In the HAP folder in wwwroot, I've removed the following line from web.config: There's also another similar line which I have also tried removing: After saving, the web page remains the same
  10. No joy for me. Exact same problem. Have followed the documentation exactly. When I visit the page, it does show the setup screen but all pictures are blank (even though they are in the images folder) and the style of the page seems unstructured. This is what I see: http://i.imgur.com/01ESA.jpg
  11. This works in a .bat batch file, thanks so much! set /P NewPassword="Enter the new password for user theirusername: " DSQUERY USER -samid theirusername | dsmod user -pwd %NewPassword% -mustchpwd no
  12. Unfortunately the Easy Password Reset tool doesn't allow me to save the config file anywhere other than the user's local profile. I like the code above, but don't know how to program it into a window with an input box
  13. Thanks for your replies. I didn't know Wisesoft's one was configurable like that. But just managed to find http://www.edugeek.net/forums/windows/23952-easy-password-reset-software-3.html which allows customisation. It seems to do exactly what we need (specific single username) but I'll go through some testing and see...
  14. I'm looking to make or find a small password reset tool for Active Directory, which we can provide to certain staff. However, the tool should only allow resetting a single pre-specified AD account (so they shouldn't be able to change any other user's password, but allow the staff to change the password for that one account. Basically we have a need to reset the password of one particular account every day.
  15. Well, we finally got our TMG rules to work. However, when we connect from home, it RDCs straight into the TMG server itself! Is there a way to forward the incoming username to a specific workstation?
  16. Hi bio, that's the exact link I used and I'm sure it's all OK. But when connecting from home it RDCs directly onto the TMG server itself. Unless I'm supposed to put the internal machine name in the username box like \\compname\username or something? Or any way that TMG can see which username is coming in, and forward that RDP to a specific machine inside?
  17. We're on LGfL 2 and use their .rdp file which connects us through their RDP Gateway, into our TMG server. But at the moment, it RDC's us directly onto the actual TMG server. We want to be able to RDP onto any machine inside. Is there any way to do this?
  18. If there is a server on a domain which has AD Certificate Services installed and is pushing out certificates to every workstation and server on the domain, how can we assess what services on the network will be negatively affected if we decommission this certificate issuing server using this article? I believe on a vanilla network, AD CS is not necessarily needed. But we want to remove the need for this certificate server from an existing network but do not know how to identify if/which other services depend on it.
  19. In companies, staff normally save their documents in their home folder as defined in AD. Can Server 2012 allow hosting each user's home drive so that they can somehow access their documents remotely? An example being some sort of tablet app that can access their hosted home drive.
  20. Thanks for all the replies. We have identified a server which had AD Certificate Services role installed and was issuing out the expired cert to all stations. We'll be installing a new cert on this to solve this problem.
  21. To be honest I find this all very confusing as it's the first time I'll be setting this up. I did come across the RD Gateway server role (which isn't currently installed).
  22. Towards the end of the Access Rule creation there's nothing about making a new listener so I had to make the listener separately. Settings for listener Networks: External, Internal SSL port 443 Certificate: Our wildcard Auth: None Forms: None SSO: None Settings for Access Rule Applies to: All outbound traffic From: External To: Internal Users: All No Listener tab to can't assign rule to above listener. All we want really is a way for users at home to be able to RDC into any machine internally. But this has to pass through our proxy server, which is TMG. So we need the TMG server to accept the VPN connection, and let the user choose what machine they want to RDC to, and TMG should then forward that through to the machine. But we have to do it through port 443 because our LA will not allow L2TP or PPTP ports for VPN. We do want to use the same TMG server to handle this. Thanks for your help so far.
  23. Thanks, but when I try that and go it's properties, there's no Listener tab for me to assign the newly created listener to it. Maybe I'll try one of the others and see how it goes...
  24. Thanks, we have all Win7 machines inside which is fine, but what about users connecting from home? Do they also have to be Win7?
  25. That looks interesting. But this article says XP won't work with SSTP. Is that true? So XP home users won't be able to VPN in with SSTP? And in that case I suppose Linux too?
×
×
  • Create New...