Barcrest
Members-
Posts
81 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by Barcrest
-
I did post this on support net but figured I may get a quicker response here. Are there any built in reports in SIMS that relate to funding on a per pupil basis.
-
This is what I use to pass the current date, @echo off REM Format date for sims for /f "tokens=1-4 delims=/ " %%f in ('date /t') do ( set dd=%%f set mm=%%g set yyyy=%%h ) REM Call report using date formatted above. "c:\Program Files (x86)\SIMS\SIMS .net\CommandReporter.exe" /USER:USERNAMEHERE /PASSWORD:PASSWORDHERE /SERVERNAME:BSERVERNAMEHERE /DATABASENAME:DATABASENAMEHERE /REPORT:"Missing Mark Test 2" /PARAMS:" Mark dateDateMark date %yyyy%-%mm%-%dd%T15:19:16" /OUTPUT="c:\fire_test\reportname" /QUIET Maybe you were referring to something else.
-
Has that LOG in system manager 6 ever worked?
-
Cheers guys, was just checking it wasn't something to do with my account.
-
Anyone else having issues? It is coming up with a proxy error generated by the capita site when I try and access.
-
Happy Birthday. Apparently I signed up on 13th August 2007, I have been at the school much longer than that though.
-
SIMS.net Homepage Attendance panel\ vertical structure issue
Barcrest replied to badidas's topic in MIS Systems
We do not have vertical teaching groups just vertical registration groups and we have this issue. Seems odd because running a report seems to give the correct figures so that panel is doing something wrong. Odd thing is it appears to work fine with registration groups??? -
Hi Guys, Does anyone know how I can add users to the Admin Profile? I have an account that is a member but even using that account I can't seem to add additional users to that profile. I can't find any useful documentation anywhere.
-
@matt40k "It also starts to solve a lot of other issues, generating ULNs for example requires manually generating a CTF then uploading to S2S and finally manually updating your MIS" Is that how you get your ULN's? I just search the pupil and if they are not there request the ULN and copy and paste it into sims. Seems like you are overcomplicating things.
-
Thought you did but the 2 I found you linked to don't exist any more. I figured this thred was a test the water thred for you coding something, I have seen enough of these threds in my time with regards to my own software and competitors.
-
[sims] CR 1404-1297956 (make it easier to delete reports created by ex-staff).
Barcrest replied to pete's topic in MIS Systems
+2 Seems logical. I would find it even easier if as system manager you could delete any report, saves going into System Manager to do it. -
@kinster is your background CMS Systems?
-
I like the way it was just brushed under the carpet for a year, I have never bothered complaining about it as it's just one of those annoying things that I figured would never get actioned. So far my assumption has been correct. BTW I remember the dos version of Star and then Core Integrator as we moved to .NET
-
As attendance information is exported would it be possible to export class registers? Also to link with this would it be possible to run the sims export and only include certain information. I thought this could be handy exporting registers/attendance 10 minutes after lesson start each period but I wouldn't want to export behaviour so regularly. This would serve 2 purposes, first parents would see quickly if their child was missing from a lesson but a more important use would be to have a register that could be accessed by the class teacher using the app in the event of a fire. EDIT: Something else that I posted in regards to data security on supportnet. Would it be possible for reports sent via email to be password protected zip files using either the parents mobile as the password or a random password that gets texted to their mobile number. There should be the option of nothing and the 2 methods I mentioned to give flexibility. A password protected zip should be enough to ensure the email is secure for DP purposes.
-
I would like to see the following added, School Term Dates and or ideally School Calendar School Bulletin for staff
-
I've always thought that read access was free and available... To be honest for what most people use schoolcomms for read access is probably all that is required. I don't even see how Capita could actually charge you for developing an app that was read only data wise.
-
[sims] Generating Individual Reports in SIMS - NOT WORKING
Barcrest replied to emlewi's topic in MIS Systems
Lots of fixes for this here.... http://www.edugeek.net/forums/mis-systems/84359-assessment-manager-individual-reports.html It is now working for me.- 8 replies
-
- assessement
- individual reports
-
(and 3 more)
Tagged with:
-
[sims] Generating Individual Reports in SIMS - NOT WORKING
Barcrest replied to emlewi's topic in MIS Systems
I have noticed this has started happening for me too, it might have been the last release that started it. If i run reports without changing them then they will still generate however if i alter them or try to add anything then it will break the report and the tags will show. We have office 2007 and it has worked fine, I'm wondering if it is the change capita made to using signed certificates in the word macro? Related to that why does the certificate included from capita appear to have expired a while ago.- 8 replies
-
- assessement
- individual reports
-
(and 3 more)
Tagged with:
-
Very late to the game on this one but we too have a pile of them that all failed this way.
-
That's fair enough. However i think the real reason people do not carry on developing applications like this one is a financial one. The one i posted up here was basically a days worth of work and it did what i needed to help me with my package roll out. I could obviously go on and develop this into a management console replacement by adding some AD front end stuff which is all the Management console really is but what would be the incentive. I think a lot of these apps develop to fix a specific problem and that is the incetive however once that has been fulfilled there is nothing to drive further development. To be honest i'm late to the party and if i had written this 3 years ago it might have been worth while doing a complete management console replacement but now i think most people will move across to CC4
-
To be honest i have been so busy using it, i havn't really added anything. I do have a list of machines that are currently on the network displayed to cross reference when re-booting i think i need to add icons to the treeview to show if the machine is online or not. Also i don't need to add machines to the treeview that don't have any issues. These are the next things i will work on.
-
Here is an early version then, it's actually the current build. Any questions fel free to ask, and ideas feel free to post them. On the whole it does work for me, YMMV NOTE: You need to open the ini file in note pad and put the UNC name in to point to your RMPackages folder. packagemaster.zip
-
Well now i see why lanview 3 went with the client server option. If i try and re-boot the workstation using the API call it will appear to hang for several seconds if the machine doesn't respond to the call. This might be because the PC is off or doing something else. I added code to only attempt a re-boot if the machine was actually switched on but it will still hang if the machine doesn't respond to the call due it being busy doing something else. I have spent an hour trying to resolve this but i haven't really gotten anywhere. Looks like the re-boot automatically option and the Wake On Lan will involve a little more coding that i thought so i might make the release without the wake on lan and with the auto-reboot disabled. You can still re-boot machines manually by selecting from the treeview. I will add a basic ini file so you can specify a path to your RMPackages folder and post it up. Then while i am trying to get the re-boot ad wake on lan stuff sorted i can at least get some feedback.
-
Well i was going to hard code it to the user name but you are right i need to do it to a user type. I also ned to add a small ini file so you can configure the path to your RMPackages folder. I am just working on the wake on lan code right now. I will get the ini file stuff done to, i actually never thought about that. DOH!
-
I did it by pointing a file list box to the correct UNC path and setting it's mask to be *.ini Then i just went through the file list box reading each ini file and checking it. You can get the filenames using a for next loop as it is basically just a list box.... Hope that was some help.
