Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

aac

Members
  • Posts

    204
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by aac

  1. Save yourself the extended support costs and re-image any machines you cant replace onto Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC
  2. Have a look at Secure Schools http://www.secureschools.com
  3. I would go 2022 if it is holding FSMO roles as there are a large number of issues with 2025 DC's ATM that Microsoft are yet to fix. I say this as I have a 2019 DC holding the FSMO roles and another DC running 2025 and have no issues but I dare not upgrade the 2019 one yet until Microsoft have sorted out the known issues with 2025...
  4. Technically BDC role was used in the pre Active Directory days Windows NT 4 so that brings back a few memories for me however some people do still float the term BDC when simply referring to a server that does not hold the FSMO roles. As the server has failed you may not be able to transfer the FSMO roles using the normal method of transfer so as mentioned above seizing the roles may be the only option...
  5. Hi Victoria, unfortunately it is more difficult then this as there is no license to disable for it.
  6. This is what I am trying to disable for our students (see the image) we have A1 licenses for all staff/students.
  7. Hi Victoria The basic version of CoPilot is free even with A1 licenses now. I am still struggling to work out exactly how to disable this for students but my understanding is that students need to be marked as minors in Azure however I have found this breaks access to other apps they need...
  8. Hi all, does anyone know if there is a way to mark students as minors in bulk using Powershell. I have had a case open with Microsoft for over a week now and am getting nowhere. Essentially I want to disable Copilot for students urgently and it seems that to do this we need to mark them as minors in AzureAD but cannot find any way of doing this in bulk, security group would be the ideal way...
  9. While we only updated one of our 2 DC's to 2025 and have not seen any of the issues discussed here I am keen to see if anyone has taken the plunge and tried the 2025-02 Cumulative update yet to see if that fixes anything? I'm not touching my other DC until were 100% Microsoft has sorted things out...
  10. I installed an on-site FreePBX VM at my place, the ongoing monthly costs are as follows: Trunk: free (vsip) Call package:£49.99 (Unlimited calls to uk mobile/landline and international landline) Block of 20 DDI numbers: £40 And the average out of package charges £3, unlimited channels (some SIP providers charge per channel)
  11. Thanks all for your responses, much appreciated
  12. Hi Chazzy Would you be able to share the script you use to update Fusion please?
  13. Hi all I am keen to see how many use the web version and how many locally install...
  14. Whitelist the below URL on your firewall and it should then work. amazonappstream.com
  15. I have asked our DT department to start using the web version and let us know how it goes as it will save a lot of messing around in future with updates etc...
  16. Excellent this link works. Many thanks for that
  17. Hi all We need to download the latest lab installer for Autodesk Fusion however when we log into the website and try and select the lab installer option a popup is preventing us from selecting the option to download it. Is anyone else having this issue?
  18. Weve got a few 2022 servers but none have shown a bitlocker prompt on reboot. Were you able to roll back the update?
  19. We upgraded one of our 2 DC's back in November as per my previous post I have not noticed any issues as of yet.
  20. I am a big fan of Henry Cavills portrayal of Superman, it just feels realistic which I think makes it easier to associate with, you get a glimpse of what the world might actually be like if Superman was real. I was extremely dissapointed when Henry Cavill was messed around and not given the opportunity to finish the Justice league trilogy and Man of Steel 2 which could have been awesome. I would be much less upset had these been completed. I had planned to ignore the reboot in protest and the trailer released yesterday has done nothing to change my mind, it looks awful, the new suit, the dog, I personally even think the casting is poor. If that is a teaser for the theme tune then it is doomed to fail as the Man of Steel theme was absolutely amazing work from Hanns Zimmer...
  21. SC-900, many thanks...
  22. We moved from FMS to Sage 50 Accounts 9 years ago and have just ditched Sage and gone with Hoge 100
  23. Anyone know what happened to this product. When we tried it, it had massive potential and it is a real shame it appears to have completely disappeared. It was developed from what I recall with schools in mind and cost wise was a no brainer. I I had had the money myself I would have bought it out myself...
  24. aac

    PXE Boot

    October cumulative update is installed on hyper v hosts if that helps...
  25. Hi all Am having an issue with PXE booting legacy network adapters on Gen 1 VM's (2019 & 2022). Simply put they will not PXE boot atall, the virtual switch is set correctly and all is fine if using a gen 2 vm with standard network adapter. Has anyone else noticed this?
×
×
  • Create New...