Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

aac

Members
  • Posts

    204
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by aac

  1. Did you ever get to the bottom of this and did it have anything to do with shared mailboxes automapping by chance?
  2. Hi All I am looking to deploy Windows 11 Education this year (Currently running 10 LTSC). I am having issues with the Store Apps none of which are updating. Firstly for all users except admins the store is blocked in group policy user configuration but even if I login as an admin and open the store and select get updates no updates are being found but if I try to launch an app it just states the app needs an update, but were unable to apply the update right now. Any ideas as to what may be causing this? thanks in advance
  3. My understanding is no HP/Aruba switches have a lifetime warranty anymore
  4. That is exactly my point, they are cost effective enough for the core but for the Edge they are far too expensive these days particularly without the lifetime warranty...
  5. Reality is that with HP/Aruba switches no longer having a lifetime warranty the market is opening up considerably. HP/Aruba are just to darn expensive to recommend for the vast majority of schools, Netgear are what they are but the M4300 is a very high end switch with high end features that are backed up by a lifetime warranty which is a big selling point particularly for a core switch and the case studies on them show they have a strong user base...
  6. aac

    Debloat

    Ended up using this one in the end, seems to work fine in an MECM task sequence... https://github.com/MSEndpointMgr/Windows/blob/master/BuiltInApps/Remove-Appx-AllUsers.ps1
  7. aac

    Debloat

    Hi all What is the best debloat script to use for Windows 11 Education 23H2. We will deploy using MECM... thanks in advance
  8. We used MDT years ago and had strange issues that essentially broke MDT entirely when importing drivers it did not like resulting in an almost annual rebuild of the server. We have been using MECM now for a number of years and have had zero issues, we use Big Bang UIU Utility which covers drivers for 90% of all our devices apart from our teacher laptops (Dell) which we import the driver pack for but only because we want to ensure the drivers are easily updated for them when re-imaging...
  9. I have just replaced my Aruba 5406r-ZL2 core with a Netgear M4300 96X and am now looking at replacing my edge switches with Unifi kit. What models are you all buying currently out of interest?
  10. No need to give notice it just ends. We decided to revert back to the standard A1 licenses and use free Microsoft 365 Apps for Faculty/Students licenses to retain the Office download rights. It is also worth mentioning that with these licenses you can also up a users OneDrive allowance back up to 1tb baring in mind the total storage pool of 100tb. We may have to upgrade to A3 in 3 years time but want to hold out as long as possible and really don't have any need for A3 yet...
  11. Just looked at the TP-Link range and they have a distinct lack of multi gig options, for example i could only find an 8 port model. Having just replaced my core switch HP 5406r zl2 with a Netgear M4300 96X I am now looking at edge options. I think the Ubiquiti range is far more extensive at a descent price point...
  12. No question Ubiquiti all the way. You can afford to have spares sat waiting if god forbid you needed them...
  13. Thankyou very much, this did exactly what I wanted
  14. Hi all I have created a new group (Dynamic User) in Azure AD and am having some issues getting the rule syntax to work as expected. Firstly I add user.memberof -any (group.objectId -in ['xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx']) which works fine to pull in members from another group but then I need to pull in members from an additional group and it just will not work if I put -or in between. Has anyone had to do this before that has suceeded atall?
  15. Hi there, yes we are. We are finding that is is very inconsistent in that it works with some accounts but not others. Is this issue not specific to Sophos then? What are you using?
  16. Anyone having issues with chatGPT that has a Sophos firewall? Essentially when you ask a question is is not automatically answering but if you refresh the page the answer does appear. We have been onto Sophos support to no avail thus far...
  17. We are also having this issue. We use Kyocera copiers and every couple of days we are having to do a power cycle on them as the Papercut screen just freezes after they put in a pin number and they cannot select a shared account to continue...
  18. Hi there I would highly recommend withsupport.co.uk who are specialists in both FreePBX and essentially anything Linux based. I setup our FreePBX system myself but had an issue with Voicemail and contacted WithSupport for assistance and they were great. You can buy support credits for however many hours you need. Any time you do not use gets saved for future use... They also have a sub company called VSIP which we use for our trunk which is extremely cheap £50 a month for unlimited UK and international calls then £2 per month for each DDI number and no restriction on amount of channels.
  19. aac

    UPS Advice

    That is actually just a typo the Riello Netman 208 is a gigabit card and this is noted on the product datasheet
  20. I installed a FreePBX system in January last year to replace an ancient Toshiba system along with refurbished Yealink T48S phones and the system has been rock solid since the offset. Absolutely zero issues whatsoever, hosted on a Hyper-V VM and I use VSIP for the trunk which is unbelievably cheap with unlimited channels and £50 month call package which includes all calls including international, DDI numbers are £2 a month each.
  21. Thankyou for all your replies. I have gone for a slight upgrade from the 2200 buying x2 Eaton 3000va models
  22. Sadly the issue remains but I am convinced we are on the right lines with STAS...
  23. Hi all A bit of advice as I am currently in the market for replacing x2 10 year old APC 2200VA UPS's. The current setup is that we have 2 PDU's one going to each UPS and one of 2 power supplies from each server, switch etc goes into each PDU. If I calculate the load in watts going in to each PDU it would be about 6700 each if based on the full capacity of each power supply ie 800w per PSU for server etc... which is what dosen't make sense to me as it is clearly miles above the capacity of the UPS. I have had conversations with Eaton and APC who will only calculate it based on full capacity but someone else is telling me the reason all is fine and I should calculate it based on average consumption per device is that each device is using such a minute amount of power in reality. Having looked at this I can see where he is coming from as a server with dual 800w PSU's each PSU is drawing around 60w each with average combined of just under 120w. Having drawn up a spreadsheet calculating the value of each device it is consuming considerably under the capacity of the current UPS however Eaton and APC do not want to sell me anything less than x2 8000va. My question is what is everyone else doing? Thanks in advance
  24. Thankyou Lee, I did indeed have it set to be 120 & YES but I have now set to 120 & No and so far so good...
  25. We currently have the STAS "Identity probe time-out" set to 120, any recommendations on this?
×
×
  • Create New...