Lithium
Members-
Posts
235 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by Lithium
-
Is there a way that I can export the tree view of the GPMC, so I have a list that has all the GPO's applied to the domain and all of its OU's as a hard copy reference? something in the same way as Active Directory lets you export to a tab or comma seperated file?
-
Under Leopard Vista should be ok on the Intel based macs... I know one or two Art teachers here have Vista running in Parallels, but not under bootcamp (they haven't tried) We've rolled XP out to all our iMacs using bootcamp and all the devices and drivers are working happily.
-
PC's dropping off the domain?
Lithium replied to TechSupp's topic in Network and Classroom Management
A point to mention is, if you use a domain, it's preferable to not have the reference PC on the domain when it's referenced. I made the mistake once with a room of computers and I kept doing the same thing, over and over again until I asked on the web -
Ours down here are set in the same way... students\year\username and they just go straight into the folder when mapped. We've only given students modify access - that way they cannot change the permissions. So on the Students & Year folder they only have traverse, staff get read access and then they get modify access on subfolders and files of the student home drive so that they cannot move the folder to another students home drive... I think if a student creates a folder, they become the "Creator Owner" which usually has full control...
-
PC's dropping off the domain?
Lithium replied to TechSupp's topic in Network and Classroom Management
Does Event Log have anything to say about it? In the past where I've had PC's being wierd and just deciding they aren't allowed any group policies at all, the Event Log has given insight into its madness. -
Ditto - That's why I've got WarHawk and PixelJunk to keep me going until Friday
-
Would a large number of Software Install GPO's (office, flash, shockwave, adobe reader to name a few) have an adverse affect on the time it takes GP to process after the software has been installed? I suspect that the answer is no...
-
That address is the graveyard Moving along from my interesting dislike of 360 hardware (not the games, can't mess with a few of them... AC6, Frontlines, Forza etc (not Halo)) But, on the subject of RRoD's.... this should make you all feel better http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=33248
-
I found the game to be much more enjoyable two player than it was single player I still can't master the R2 shoot, R1 grenade thing And I find that switching the sniper rifle between sniper and shotgun is a bit sketchy in that it doesn't always do it... nor does a shotgun to the face kill someone Other than that, it's not a bad game, it's not great... I'd love to play Frontline: FOW *shakes fist* but there's not a lot I can do about that... part from buy a 360 which I'd probably never use after that...
-
If I have InstallFiles pointing to C:\sysprep... Where I specify in OEMPnP... Will it make it C:\Sysprep\Drivers\Dell\745\NIC ? or something else?
-
AFAIK in VB, you'll need to use an ADSI query to grab that stuff...(so I didn't bother) I don't use the msgbox function for popups when I did my logon script... I used the Windows Shell Popup... oWSH = CreateObject("WScript.Shell") oWSH.Popup "my message", 5, "title" 5 = 5 seconds... looks like a normal msgbox... not sure what other properties it can have though, never really looked into it..
-
Ok, I took my image for a trial today... and several things happened. 1. When I used the Standard PC HAL, I couldn't use ANY pointing devices - not even a COM mouse... so I had to work out where all the hal files were since Microsoft don't update their site to move from drivers.cab\halmacpi.dll to sp2.cab\halmacpi.dll... 2. After getting it back, I forgot to use a uniprocessor HAL, so it wouldn't go on half the PC's... 3. I forgot to omit computername in the inf so that it would (hopefully) ask me for it. 4. none of my drivers installed 5. I suspect there's slightly more to it than just extracting the Dell Rxxxxxx.exe's to C:\Dell\drivers and pointing OEMPnPDriversPath to these folders.... On the other hand, it went on the same spec machines happily, I just had to go around and install the NIC drivers, push netsupport to them, then use NSS to run the driver install wizards Bring on Vista! then I won't have to smash something
-
I was thinking more along the lines of (RM networks?) typing in the computer name when it starts mini-setup... I'm sure I spotted that you can do that... Square brackets?
-
Is there a way of specifying the computer name for sysprep to use?
-
Hi all, I'm trying to save myself some work by creating a hardware independent XP image in the time we wait before going to Vista. I read lots of the only major issue being the HAL... Which Hal's are validly changeable by copying/replacing files? Can I change freely ACPI Uniprocessor HAL and ACPI Multiprocessor HAL's? or is it some other types that can be changed to one of these two? I can't find the original topic I read it all in on google
-
If they embraced it instead of complaining about it... it'd go down better
-
Network Administrator Resignation Letter...
Lithium replied to Elky's topic in Jokes/Interweb Things
That's... pretty accurate representation... -
We get all the achievements... but not necessarily the points... so we can still try everything.,.. like the Criterion Challenge thing and the Parking and the 360 flatspin, 4 barrel rolls etc... I don't know whether we'll get an update to convert them into points for Home whenever that comes out... I missed the Crash mini-game, Showtime is really poor from my opinion... I despised it when I first tried it, because I couldn't get over 10k... then when I worked it out, it wasn't exactly hard to rack up insane scores... I just like going online and taking everyone down The PS3 also does mugshots if people wondered that too.
-
So if I buy a bigger one, it'll be locked to 30gig? How much is the code and are there limits to how big it can go?
-
Does anyone have an Avantis OpenCD server and if so, have they tried upgrading the HDD in it? Ours currently only has a measly 30gig... but I want something more substantial to get it used a bit more...
-
The tech specs list 32bit Processors min 1ghz and max of 4gb of RAM... so I would assume it is, I guess certain aspects are locked out if you aren't running on 64bit proccies. If it doesn't, surely that would seriosly hurt the adoption rate of Server 2008 - even when BECTA say its ok...
-
Our software share is set up with Domain Computers listed with Read Access - and it's worked fine for the whole time as far as I am aware... (the only other permissions are Admins, Domain admins and SYSTEM) The one problem I have with mapped drives is that the mapping stays there no matter how I try to delete it, it just sits there as "Disconnected Network Drive" which then stops any other drives being mapped under that letter... but I work around that... A computer is basically a user which isn't interactive... it changes its password more than users do in a school
-
Hyper-V sounds like a fancy Virtual Server application http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserver2008/en/us/virtualization-consolidation.aspx
-
I don't know a word of Spanish... so I don't know the answer to that question either ... I'd guess at an actual capital city of Beunos Aires? It makes you wonder where they get people for these shows though... ok, some are very intelligent, and others are so far on the other side of the IQ ladder, it's unbelievable - just look at Big Bruvva (as it shall hence forth be known) A few weeks ago, I was bored out of my skull, so I went shopping one evening and there was a competition on the radio... what does IQ stand for. In almost an hour, not one person had the answer correct!?
-
stripslashes( $str ); ?
