-
Posts
2,035 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by mullet_man
-
May 2022 Windows Updates may cause issues with NPS and RRAS
mullet_man replied to free780's topic in Enterprise Software
Hope not as we use this. Will they ever release a WU that doesn't break something. -
Thanks that's something we might do I just wanted to use these dongles but they are now just paper weights which is a shame.
-
It seems once it's gone past a certain date they are device locked, I have the admin passwords given to us by the DfE but even if I get in and reset the device it doesn't fully reset it and still has some the DfE specific settings in mainly the APN network so putting in a different sim doesn't work. Shame as we could have made use of them, I wasn't made aware they were never collected so missed the cut off reset date. I think I got 1 back that was reset and given back out.
-
Does anyone know if it's possible to unlock the Huawei 4G routers, we've got a few that were never collected and they've gone past the date the DfE said they needed to be "reset" by. Just thought I could use them as emergency routers or for staff to use if they go on trips but resetting them don't seem to fully reset them and they are locked to I think the o2 network. Shame as I've got a few that are now just paper weights and are going to be added to yet more e-waste.
-
Hi all, We currently license via a OVS-ES agreement based on our FTE count which we use to license our desktops, servers etc and we add on Office 365 apps for Faculty/Students so we can use the desktop versions etc now our reseller wants us to move to a Campus agreement going forward, I've read some posts on here about the campus agreement which has left me confused. Moving to a Campus agreement seems like it will enable us to move to Microsoft 365 A3 rather than A1 and will be cheaper overall all sounds great so far but reading some posts here it seems we lose access to VLSC and KMS and need to license Windows via digital license? Can anyone confirm all this? Ideally I'd like to keep licensing for desktops/servers done via KMS. We are just at the start of renewal so I haven't got all the information from our reseller as yet so thought I'd ask here. Cheers.
-
There is a Microsoft advisory out about this issue. https://admin.microsoft.com/adminportal/home#/servicehealth/:/alerts/EX365018 Think this user is hitting this issue. It's really worth signing up to the email alerts - it helps when you get random issues like this.
-
Once you did the regedit did you restart I think that was needed for the fix to work?
-
This will be the issue, if you read this thread it has information on it and there was a fix released but you need to apply a reg change for the fix to work. November 27, 2018—KB4467684 Addresses an issue that slows server performance or causes the server to stop responding because of numerous Windows firewall rules. To enable the changes, add a new registry key “DeleteUserAppContainersOnLogoff” (DWORD) on “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\SharedAccess\Parameters\FirewallPolicy” using Regedit, and set it to 1. This is the text from the KB fix. https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/992e86c8-2bee-4951-9461-e3d7710288e9/windows-servr-2016-rdsh-firewall-rules-created-at-every-login?forum=winserverTS
-
Taylor Hawkins: Foo Fighters drummer dies aged 50, band announces
mullet_man replied to 6Foot2's topic in General Chat
Gutted. [emoji22] -
Think we are up and running, the only thing we've noticed is that the baseURL section needs credentials so this has been set but each time someone runs the console they will be using that users credentials to connect?! Not a major issue at all. I might script the files copying over to the server. Cheers.
-
Thanks - Yeah we are struggling at the minute because we are quite a large site we a few people who need to access to it. Two receptionists, two attendance staff, so it starts to add it up pretty quickly. We are going to try this as Inventry didn't really give us any help. Out of interest how often are updates?
-
Thanks @Jaan so is that as simple as copying the whole Console folder and then running it from there? Do I need to change the base URL as mentioned earlier in this thread. - - - Updated - - - Thanks @Jaan so is that as simple as copying the whole Console folder and then running it from there? Do I need to change the base URL as mentioned earlier in this thread.
-
Hi all, We've recently had Inventry installed setup as a standalone machine but are running into the connection limit. What is the best method to get more people to be able to access the console? Thanks
-
Have you enabled the GP to silently sign in users using their logged in credentials? It works great for us, have the odd niggle every now and then when it doesn't sign in for a student but seems to be rare and restarting the device seems to sort it.
-
Office 365 - BACS Email - Getting blocked
mullet_man replied to mullet_man's topic in Cloud Services
Thanks everyone am just being lazy rather than finding it myself. One of those weeks so far haha -
We've just moved to BACS and it looks like Office 365 is blocking the email due to it knowing it's sending out bank account numbers. How do people deal with this? Is there a way to allow it through? Cheers.
-
RAM is fine it's currently using 3.3 of 8GB. I've got another theory what it could be but not sure if it's a bit far fetched. Am wondering if this happens when I move the VM to another cluster when doing windows updates? or the sync is clashing with Salamander (I've now changed it to later) Will keep everyone posted.
-
It's gone again, failing on Y11 Students now. It looks like I didn't change the time of my syncs in the end must not have clicked update, back to the drawing board I think.
-
So far my syncs are syncing OK with those changes I've, not sure if it's a particular one.
-
Has anyone got to grips with Group policy files for Windows 11 yet? https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/core-infrastructure-and-security/windows-10-or-windows-11-gpo-admx-which-one-to-use-for-your/ba-p/3063322 Reading about them here you have to choose if you want Windows 10 or 11 ADMX files in your central store. Am just at the testing phase so only deployed 11 out to a couple of devices and wanted to apply a few polices to turn off chat on the start menu for example. Microsoft are suggesting to keep with Windows 10 ADMX files if your are not ready to deploy Windows 11 out.
-
Not heard anything as yet?
-
Hi there is a GPO to convert libraries to online only. The GPO is called Convert synced team site files to online-only files https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/onedrive/use-group-policy#convert-synced-team-site-files-to-online-only-files I've never used it myself as some of our staff do keep their files all on the device.
-
BBC website images through Smoothwall issue
mullet_man replied to fiza's topic in Internet Related/Filtering/Firewall
That's fixed it for us. -
BBC website images through Smoothwall issue
mullet_man replied to fiza's topic in Internet Related/Filtering/Firewall
We have a similar but the first set of images load fine but scroll down a bit and they don't load. We are on Leeds 55
