-
Posts
2,035 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by mullet_man
-
75inch Displays flickering via HP Docks
mullet_man replied to Snaxident's topic in AV and Multimedia Related
Hi, I never got round to raising a call, did you get anywhere? We are due to get our new portacabins soon which will have 4 new rooms and I need to try and commit to what docks to use. -
MDT - PXE Boot Issue with HP ProBook 450 G9
mullet_man replied to bhartleyy's topic in O/S Deployment
That error code seems to be related to the size of your boot wim file. How big is your wim file? -
Hi Andrew, Am using this method to push out shortcuts, it means creating an app per shortcut but you can then remove a shortcut easily if it’s no longer required in your environment. https://tech.nicolonsky.ch/intune-create-desktop-shortcut/ I’ve then pushed out some icon files to the drive for shortcuts that need need them.
-
Autosave issues - Open files from explorer no autosave
mullet_man replied to mullet_man's topic in Office Software
Looks like MS are rolling out the fix now, so it should start hitting devices soon enough. -
Autosave issues - Open files from explorer no autosave
mullet_man replied to mullet_man's topic in Office Software
Hopefully MS release the fix this new week. Everything I tried didn't sort it, tried reinstalling office, reinstalling OD. When I tried to downgrade OneDrive it just auto updated to the broken version so I gave up and logged a call with MS. -
Autosave issues - Open files from explorer no autosave
mullet_man replied to mullet_man's topic in Office Software
Microsoft have now posted this as an issue, and are working on a fix. It seems it’s a OneDrive client issue, so a new update should auto roll out to your devices. -
Autosave issues - Open files from explorer no autosave
mullet_man replied to mullet_man's topic in Office Software
Thanks for confirming. It's strange as I've got exactly the same versions of apps on my PC in my office as a laptop but the PC is working OK but the laptop isn't. We've had 3 teachers report it today so it's working it's way around the school. A Reddit post I saw suggests it's the OneDrive app and if you roll that back to an earlier version it works, I tried that but as soon as you install the older app it updates on install so I gave up. -
Hi all, Just wondering if anyone is having trouble with autosave being broke in your environments? If you open a file that is saved in your OneDrive or synced SharePoint location via File Explorer, the file will open in M365 apps but with Autosave not on? If you open same file via the M365 app, choose OneDrive and then open it will have autosave enabled. It only seems to have happened this week. I've opened a call with MS and they are investigating but not sure how far it will get. Just wanted to reach out and see if others have same problem? Cheers.
-
75inch Displays flickering via HP Docks
mullet_man replied to Snaxident's topic in AV and Multimedia Related
That's a shame, was hoping it worked. Our docks are really old and am having to buy refurbished ones to keep us the same model throughout the school. The G5 was a good option for us as it removed the need for the HDMI to display port adapter which was an requirement for our current docks. I haven't tried alt mode no, it's worth a test I guess. How did you raise a ticket with HP? Am happy to try and let them know it's affecting the G5 models too. -
75inch Displays flickering via HP Docks
mullet_man replied to Snaxident's topic in AV and Multimedia Related
Hi, We have ViewSonic screens and use HP laptops connected to some now very old HP USB C Universal Docks and we've not had any issues with them. Cue a few months ago we had some new TVs installed in some temporary classrooms and I purchased a couple of HP G5 Docks as the other models are not made any more and tested the rooms and all seemed fine with G5 model, but once the teachers moved and used the screens for half hour or so we got issues with flickering. At first I thought it was cables, so swapped out the HDMI leads but no still happening, updated firmware as each one seems to fix 'flickering issues'. Long story short I put one of the old docks in and not had any issues, so I've had to buy a few refurb ones from Amazon for these rooms. I read a Reddit post that you need an active HDMI lead but it seems you've tried that. Edit: I do remember reading some Reddit posts about similar issues and there was a solution posted but I never tested it due to using those older docks. It was to disable DSC, not sure what it is exactly. https://www.reddit.com/r/sysadmin/s/hO3kVvyp0a Lenovo have a tool that disables it. If you check the thread it claims to have fixed the issues, if you get chance to test I'd love to hear back as we are getting 4 more temporary classrooms ready for September so if rolling out that fix works it could mean I can get G5 Docks for those new rooms. Thanks. Edit 2: The poster here seems to claim disabling DSC worked for him. https://www.reddit.com/r/sysadmin/s/6Kjb2gCuFW -
Thanks Pete, I got this message originally when I downloaded from the Paxton URL and installed V6 client, so I reached out for an older V5 one and I don't see that error message, I just get the password is wrong error, when I know it's not.
-
I just needed the client install (provided by a fellow Edugeeker) but it's not working for me. It's telling me my password is wrong when I know it's not. Am no Net2 expert and the running of it is managed by our building owners but I have the client on my PC so I can sort stuff access out. The only thing I can think of is my client is newer than the server instance and that's the issue? I'll work it out at some point!
-
Thank you to the people who have reached out to me. Really appreciate it 👍
-
Does anyone have a copy of an older installer? V5? I've had to re-image my PC and our building owners are still running the older version and the V6 one doesn't work.
-
I just left it alone, it's all still running under the original KMS activation keys.
-
Remove Expired Team Groups from the Global Address List
mullet_man replied to chazzy2501's topic in Cloud Services
Thank you for this, I've had expired Teams listed for years and finally got rid of them out of the GAL!- 6 replies
-
- gal
- global address list
-
(and 2 more)
Tagged with:
-
HP Business Desktop ProDesk 405 G6 Power Button Issue
mullet_man replied to discoveranother's topic in Hardware
Hi, So I ordered one of these from Aiexpress, I've got 10 ordered and hopefully coming soon. First time ordering from that site so it's coming from China, and Royal Mail are hoping delivering it when it's in the country. https://www.aliexpress.com/w/wholesale-M14360%2525252d001.html?spm=a2g0o.productlist.search.0 It's really easy to replace, see here, the model is slightly different but it's the same process. If it's just one PC you might be able to take off the bezal and sort fudge fixing the power button we did that a couple of times but if the user presses it hard to turn it, it will push back in. Replacing with a none broken one is the only option. -
HP Business Desktop ProDesk 405 G6 Power Button Issue
mullet_man replied to discoveranother's topic in Hardware
Yes if the button is pushed in, it’s not very well made but you need to replace the whole bezel as the power button is attached to that and when it’s been pushed in, theirs a bit of plastic that has come away and won’t fix back on, so it’s your only option really. Some glue might help but not given that a try. https://partsurfer.hp.com/?searchtext=M14360-001 I originally bought them from HP but they were expensive, like 70 quid each. The ones I got from Aliexpress are hopefully being delivered next week so I’ll let you know, they were only 16 quid each. So I’ll let you know if they are any good. Been very disappointed with the durability on these HPs, definitely not classroom worthy. Office yes. -
HP Business Desktop ProDesk 405 G6 Power Button Issue
mullet_man replied to discoveranother's topic in Hardware
Is it the small one? Like this? https://store.emprgroup.com.au/p-567362-m14360-001-sps-assy-front-bezel-prodesk-ent20-dm.aspx I bought a few front bezels off HP parts store, cost a fortune. I’ve got two IT suites with the buttons being pressed in, they are under warranty but had to buy some where the damage is clearly wilful damage. I’ve got some on order from Aliexpress as they are a lot cheaper. -
Do you have the same model with the poor power button? The little thin one that is easily pushed in?
-
For classrooms avoid HP ProDesk 400 we have 60 of them between two classrooms they are the G6 model but the power button on them are ridiculously flimsy and if you push them too hard they get stuck pressed in. We took out 5 year warranties so yesterday I had to log 6 for repair. Newer gen’s might be better but these are awful. Edit: the mini models these are.
-
Since before Christmas we’ve stopped receiving visitor has arrived emails, support say they can’t find the option to turn it on? Am assuming everyone else still has this functionality? Feel like am going mad, the support agent has remotely looked about 4 or 5 times and still no joy, I need to chase the call up as it’s causing reception some issues now with visitors not being collected.
-
UniFi U7-Pro Access Points - Problems
mullet_man replied to mitchell1981's topic in Wireless Networks
Are the problems affecting all devices? Only certain types? Could it be a driver issue? Do you have any WiFi 7 devices? -
Just thought I'd post here but any school with Inventry need to double check the guest arrival emails, we have this morning received an email from [email protected] with a fake invoice download link, I've posted about it in the Spam emails thread. I've opened a call with support and I think a follow Edugeeker has done the same as they think they've received emails too.
-
Am keeping an eye on this, I'd be interested in finding out a supplier.
