-
Posts
1,891 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by tarquel
-
Handy to know - thanks russ N.
-
[sticky'd] Nice one ajbritton Good to see another msfn user on here [aka it_ybd = me] Alot of sites familar to me on your list - been peeking at my favourites list? Cheers N.
-
Yep, I've installed it in the past. Oddly, i havent needed to on all machines. Think it was just on the 2k3 servers as i recall - but it was last year i think so my mind is a little fuzzy here Cheers, N.
-
Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Resource Kit now technet
tarquel replied to russdev's topic in Books and Manuals
lol - i think spliting was easier than that Regards, N. -
Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Resource Kit now technet
tarquel replied to russdev's topic in Books and Manuals
Should change this to a different topic btw ppl Technet subscription discussion now lol N. -
With 2000 now pretty-much discontinued, I would suggest everyone (where possible) upgrade to Server 2003 really. Regards, Nath.
-
Presumably you mean you dont allow any "roaming" profiles? I cant think of a way to do it off-hand except have a list on a internal website as I mention. Cheers N.
-
You got a msdn/technet subscription? Wowser I gotta get a new job lol Nath.
-
I (should when it turns up) be getting the beta of visual studio 2005 soon, but cant fork out (surprise surprise) to buy a Visual Studio license. I got VB 6 Pro nice 'n' legally tho lol [400th post yay!] Cheers Nath.
-
Last Day of Term? What work you got planned over summer.
tarquel replied to Alex's topic in General Chat
Alot of stuff that the SMT knows about, then a whole host of stuff that they wouldn't even fathom (if thats how its spelt lol) Nath. -
26 soon, but voted 25 ...cause I'm just so keen on being honest lol Regards N.
-
Nice one Ric - I'll give that a go sometime [like everything else I'll "give a go soon" hehe ] Ta, Nath.
-
I was gonna suggest IRM but ya beat me to it - not hard as i cant access edugeek at work atm [ ;) @ mark] I'll give you a hand mark as soon as I finish off the setup of the helpdesk webserver Nick seems to think its dead easy to setup, so we should be fine Hope theres a upgrade option for v1.x to version 2 Ric Regards Nath
-
To those that do use Bromcom, have you setup a vpn for Bromcom support/helpdesk, and if so, does the vpn connection you've setup require them to use a VPN client piece of software? I highly doubt they are gonna want to use the VPN user client i have to use to access the school network [woot woot - cant believe it works btw ] Regards Nath
-
I guess tho, that the good thing about limiting login is that if someone else is logged in to a users account, then the user who holds the account wont be able to log in lol ITs going to be especially useful when teachers logon for kids - for whatever reason (yes yes, i do tell them not to, but then again, who am i to tell them anything? lol) Cheers Nath
-
ditto... Cheers, Nath
-
You could allow them to create their own favourites in their own profiles and have GP add a default list (but not remove existing ones - or their saved ones will disappear I'd think ) or just have a useful links section on a internal webserver / school website Regards, N.
-
Not that I know of Anyone managed to get VNCon to work through a Remote VPN connection? [yes mark - got it to work about an hour ago Gonna work from home tomorrow afternoon ] Regards, N.
-
[split thread - moved vnc/remote desktp discussion to new topic] http://www.edugeek.net/index.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=310 Cheers, N.
-
lmao I gotta try this one *slaps himself for not coming up with that sooner* A bit of tweaking I shall do tho Need to sort out my logon scripts anyhow Will let ya know if i come up with any improvements to this Cheers Nath
-
http://unattended.msfn.org/ ...but it all depends how you are gonna use the source remember Nath
-
lol @ Ric... ...you have spare machines that you can use for a test network?? Throw a few my way Nath
-
This is exactly what I was getting at with having roaming profiles :) ...so that if a user messes up his/her settings, its only their profile that they will effect. (Laptop's included ) Cheers Nath
-
You are sooooooo right DB cudn't agree more Its exactly how I felt when I was learning the basics Still learning as always Nath
-
Dealing Students & Other Staff Split From Students and N
tarquel replied to Ric_'s topic in General Chat
hmmmm looks like mixed views here. I cant say for sure what the teachers these days should be doing regarding discipline - only that I wish they would have "some" control on the pupils they teach. I thought this would be in their training surely lol Maybe its another role they aren't allowed to do anymore (joking btw) Whether we can or cant shouldnt matter - its whether we should have to do it is more the point lol Cheers Nath
