Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

tarquel

Members
  • Posts

    1,891
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by tarquel

  1. tarquel

    Starcraft 2!!!

    Loved the first one.... did play it on my home lan 2 player - against the cpu, but unlike previous C&C games, the cpu was just too ruthless and the interested faded a bit. Looking forward to this one [i still havent bought C&C3 yet - still got too many games to complete as it is FF XII anyone? ] Nath.
  2. varied combinations of: /force /sync /boot with gpupdate always generally work for me Nath.
  3. I have, and still do install it via WSUS... not sure why you guys arent seeing it though That just tickled me hehe Nope... its fine with SIMS No doubt the people up the chain are scared of change no doubt Nath.
  4. tarquel

    WSUS on DC

    Got WSUS 3.0 [and formerly 2.0] on my Exchange / Server 2003 box - but it did work on my DC previously. [my DC is loaded enough as it is thought I'd move it to a less intensively used box] Nath.
  5. Now if they only had a service called "logical event log error messages system"...... Nath.
  6. Yes, well that goes without saying lol Interesting about the Sony factory aspect tho... What about their support and stuff? How "limited" is the "limited global 2 year warranty" that comes with them? is my thinking. Nath.
  7. I've been using cacls for years - havent tried xcacls tho lol Nath.
  8. Hi all Just wondering what they are like and what their warranty etc is like? Note, this isn't for work - a friend of mine was told about http://www.asuslaptop.co.uk - and wondering about them and that site too. We were looking at this one: http://uk.asus.com/products.aspx?l1=5&l2=26&l3=316&l4=0&model=1588&modelmenu=2 which on that website is found at http://www.asuslaptop.co.uk/proddetail.php?prod=Asus_Laptop_F3Jr-AP088XC&cat=17 Any one know if they are a good deal as the spec is great for that price - unless I've overlooked something [shame it shares the memory, tho the asuslaptop website doesn't indicate it, but the asus site itself does lol] Any thoughts? She's not after gaming or anything, but its better to have the power for the same money then not I would guess lol Nath.
  9. Yep - I use kix for the printers on the domain(s)... but only very very minimally lol Either way it seems I'll have to either learn another scripting system or keep hunting lol *cry* Nath.
  10. There is, and its all the usual reasons lol I've looked at AutoIT a very long time ago, and I just couldnt get into it for some reason. I'll give it another whirl maybe. Any other suggestions folks? Nath
  11. Hi all Its possibly the age old question but does any of you know of a decent batch file to exe converter tool? All the ones I've tried so far [and there does appear to be many] either think the working directory is in C:\windows\temp, or the thing is only an eval converter and puts a disclaimer up first with a press any key... Not much good for automated stuff really is it? lol I'll have a look at all suggestions. Many thanks Nath.
  12. tarquel

    Log-off Hang

    Ahhh right-o If you deploy images of computers, your probably best rebuilding it then if the others of the same model in the room dont have any problems. Put it down to a technical hiccup in the deployment process last time around hehe Regards Nath
  13. tarquel

    Log-off Hang

    Are you sure that it isn't a certain user using that computer and when they log off, their profile is corrupt thus causing the log off to hang? I get that from time to time. So long as the machine isn't doing anything i.e. no HDD activity, etc., i just power off and back on again. Not effected any of the machines we have here in any case. Nath.
  14. Thats interesting... With mine, afaik it still applies even if they aren't connected. Wonder how I managed that one? lol Nath.
  15. Ahhh.... lol then ignore my last post I've changed the title of the topic to be more descriptive - please name it more appropriately in future thanks :) Cheers Nath.
  16. I have it set that they can log into the domain "offline" and as such, the policies then are still in place as to what they can and cant do. It does mean using local profiles as opposed to roaming profiles however. You can still use certain folder redirecting in some cases. Nath.
  17. Few questions I have: Is it a network / IP camera then? Have you installed software to go with it, or you trying to view it via IP address? [try via IP address too to see if it is working etc] If you have installed software, have you tried changing the permissions on the install folder to full control for everyone / anonymous? as that may help. Have you checked that Java / Flash / or other components are installed on the machine, as some camera software and / or web-based viewing of IP camera require things usually. Regards Nath.
  18. lol I left mine do that overnight after installing it. The LEA would have had a field day here if I hadnt hehe Regards Nath.
  19. Quick question back... Are you using WSUS 2 or 3? [the format of them is a little different thats why i ask] In either case though, you can look at the updates list and change the view to show approved updates and find it near the bottom of the list [if it is alphabetical]. You can then click / right click on it to change the approval. I've only just install version 3 so I'm still working out the layout etc. Cheers Nath
  20. Not sure what they meant - perhaps ripprep'ed images or whatever, but I've rolled back fine and have a client machine installing through RIS right now from one of my builds on RIS [i'm going to set up a virtual server too though ] Nath.
  21. I'm about to rollback to SP1 on my the DC because of WDS not working right - especially now I have got a machine or 7 to deploy XP to Just cant get them to boot into RIS / WDS no matter what I try on the various machines, so unless anyone has any other ideas that messing around with DHCP [which I already tried], I'm gonna have to roll back and hope that works. Nath.
  22. As Heebeejeebee touches upon, have you tried using a different revision of drivers for the LAN card? Also, is it happening [sorry if i missed it] on more than one machine? If you havent tried it, it would be worth giving it a shot Nath.
  23. lol fair enough
  24. Was gonna ask what lvl have i already got to catch up to? ;) Nath.
  25. I found it most amusing trying to get the new teacher here to understand that he just logged in "as usual" i.e. meaning not choosing the local computer 'domain' and leaving it where it was lol - "but im at home!?" - "yes - and it works the same way as being in school minus that you dont have access to any network drives" Nath.
×
×
  • Create New...