-
Posts
310 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by AlfaTech
-
Actually on second thoughts... I'm going to bide my time, go out for a nice drive in my Alfa a different way home tonight to the opposite side of the valley and find a portal to link to over there so that when he re-takes his portal (which he'll undoubtedly do with a similar device) he won't be able to re-establish his links again. That'll keep him busy. Gotta think tactically, not just rush in and waste an opportunity like this. I apologise I do get competitive a times.
- 158 replies
-
- enlightened
- hack
-
(and 3 more)
Tagged with:
-
Oh wow! I have just found the Jarvis Virus... mwuhahaha OK. So what's the best way to use this? (Allegedly the Jarvis Virus flips a portal from Resistance to Enlightened) In hindsight this lvl 8 guy has been bugging me by turning my entire town & countryside blue and then he mocked me on the messaging system about my small achievement over my home town. But I know where his central portal is located... so I think I might just flip it to my faction tonight and see what happens. I'm sure it'll give him a whole lot more work to do and should wipe that smug look off his face (I spotted him too the other day looking rather happy with himself). Hehe! Revenge is sweet, but subtle.
- 158 replies
-
- enlightened
- hack
-
(and 3 more)
Tagged with:
-
Yes I can see how it has such potential to eat in to one's life (but then that can be true about many games). I'm deliberately staying low-key at the moment (and I don't have a G+ account anymore, because I don't trust it) but I did visit Bristol yesterday and typed in a message to the local area and was surprised at the friendly response I got from my own faction. I'm only level 4, but then I've only been playing a week. However I stealthily managed to destroy 9 enemy portals and establish control fields all over my home town on Saturday, then watched this guy (lvl 7) drive around on Sunday and take them all back (he didnt' spot me, but I saw him hehe). I have also been 'adding new portals' all over the place strategically putting them in interesting locations (I just need to wait and see if they authorise them in a few weeks). It's all fun 'n games!
- 158 replies
-
- enlightened
- hack
-
(and 3 more)
Tagged with:
-
I recently stumbled across a very interesting game last week. It's called INGRESS It's an Android only game (at the moment - iPhoney to follow soon) but it integrates Google Maps with Augmented Reality and Geo-cashing. Its been going for about a year and is currently in a closed Beta at the moment which means its invite only, but it is about to be released to the masses for free on the 14th December 2013. A friend (who doesn't actually play it) gave me an invite last week and I must say that it is strangely alluring and quite addictive plus it has the added benefit of getting me out-and-about as I go in search of portals to hack, or enemy portals to destroy. The idea of the game is that it is between two factions The Enlightened (of which I am one) and The Resistance. Portals are 'hacked' to mine for items (resonators to capture portals, XMP weapons to destroy resonators, portal mods and keys). Once you have captured 3 portals you can establish a 'Control Field' in a triangle between the portals. Its actually a turf-war on a global scale as each side tries to take more ground and beat the other faction. I know its still a month away but if you like games, geo-cashing, augmented reality and world conquest (well your part in it on a local level) it's definitely well worth checking out. Watch this space for more information! Is anyone else here already playing this? Agent Kitalon of The Enlightened *** EDIT - Allegedly it is actually free and open to play now (no invites needed), it will officially be released on the 14th Dec ***
- 158 replies
-
- enlightened
- hack
-
(and 3 more)
Tagged with:
-
Yuh, I didn't mean that (I was just editing it). What I mean is I'll probably make it a mixed attacker and set it up as a support 'mon for a doubles team. I'd like to have a play with Fire Pledge on a Blaziken and Water Pledge on Greninja. Greni also has access to a fantastic move which essentially is a double protect against attacks (not statuses) call Mat Block. That will give Blaizen a chance to Swords Dance up and then Speed Boost and sweep away. I'd like to have a go at playing around with some new moves and I've always been itching to have a go with the Fire/Water/Grass pledge combos.
-
I'm not sure that I can be too fussed about going to all that effort to breed a 'mon with perfect IVs, so long as it has perfection in the IVs that I need I'm happy tbh. The rest I'll just have to put down to my skill in battling - perfect IVs doesn't mean you'll win every time. I do have an almost perfect Greninja given to me (as a froakie) only the HP stat has 29 IVs, the rest have 31. I've trained it up as a special attacker, but I'm probably going to reverse it into a physical attacker soon. I've nearly got all the stat modifying berries (to reduce stats).
-
It took me about 5 minutes to get one on White 2. I went to a site that distributes 'mon. Changed the DNS settings on my 3DS to the IP specified, went to receive WFC mystery gift. And voila a Shiny Ditto with Perfect IVs. Hacked of course, but handy none the less and I don't feel like I've cheated the game too much - ironically I've never got around to using it. I would bring it over to X but I don't think it would survive the PokéTransfer service (when it's opened) as it will filter for fakes and not let them be transferred.
-
Not strictly true, read my *edit* above Have we exchanged FCs yet, I can't remember?
-
Erm, but a Ditto won't breed with a Ditto. But as in this guide, you can get several Dittos with 2 perfect IVs from the Friend Safari *(or 'MY' Friend Safari even as I have Dittos)*. I have caught a Ditto each with a perfect IV in a stat, I also have a shed load of Dittos with different natures.
-
How is that possible without hacking?
-
Hasty is best for either a physical or special attacker and with a maximum IV investment you get a nice fast speed of 377 @ lvl 100 (Base Spd: 122!!!), then you can choose where to put the rest of the IVs into, Attack or Special Attack, or wherever your choice. If you don't like the nature you can always breed in another, but I think Hasty is the best nature for a Greninja. I'm planning to train up a special attacker with Hydo-Pump/Scald, Icebeam, Extrasensory and Darkpulse (I could use Grass Knot in there to take out other water types, but I've found it to be largely ineffective - but this move set gives excellent coverage/defence and an immunity to Psychic).
-
Okay Froakie. I now have half a box full of Hasty (fast natured) Protean (ability) Froakies with perfect IVs in Speed (and various other stats) if anyone wants one lemmie know, gimmie ur FC if you haven't done so already and I'll happily trade.
-
It can be quite tricky getting what you want from the Friend Safari, obviously you need to add a friend to your 3DS Friends list who's got the 'mon you want in the first place, but if you want the hidden ability they have to be online at the same time as you catch it. But don't worry I can certainly breed a Protean Froakie for you if you want one.
-
Ah, but have you come across Geninja's hidden ability 'Protean' yet? You thought Greninja was good before, but 'Protean' takes it to a whole new level. I've just managed to get someone to trade me one with all perfect IVs today. Now this is 7 kinds of awesome it changes it's type according which move its using so every move becomes a STAB move, and of course you can use it strategically to make your enemies attack less effective. It's insane!
-
I think it would have totally wrecked the metagame if it did. Pokémon is random enough as it is without introducing all these extra chaotic amie elements to throw it all over the place, it would have diminished the skill element and put too much of a reliance on luck 'n love. Pheh! Fairy typing has been a big enough change to the metagame as it is, I'm still having trouble getting my head around it at times. What are your favourite new-gen Pokémon so far?
-
Butterfree is the only 'fully loved up' 'mon I've got - amie doesn't appear to make any difference on a competitive level as far as I can tell, I think is must be just an in-game thing as it doesn't seem to be active during PvP battles (thank goodness).
-
Ah alright, well in that case you might wanna hold off from taking on the League for a while then, at least until they've all levelled up a bit. I love how Butterfree single handedly (wingedly?) can pwn the League but then it is lvl 91 now, he did find it a little bit harder the first time through. Its a fab little Butterfree but it's beginning to outlive its usefulness - I'm thinking of replacing it with a Vivilion and see if that can exist in a competitive environment (I think maybe not, well not without support, but it'll be fun trying anyway). It'll basically be running the same set as Butterfree as it also has 'compound eyes' which improves the accuracy of Sleep Powder to 105% but more than that it has access to a 100% accurate Hurricane with STAB boost - Quiver Dance and Bug Buzz will take the other two slots. It also has a slightly increased base speed stat over Butterfree, poor Butterfrees days are numbered (well they were several genetations ago tbh) but it's been a fun and nostalgic journey. LOL
-
Well done! Soon be facing the might of the League then. What level is your team so far? I caught about 50 odd Dittos last night, trying to finds ones with perfect IVs in each stat. Mission successful. Thankfully they have reintroduced the Pokéradar so they are easier to come across. Next thing is to continue working on a competitive battle team, I have a few ideas and I've already fully EV trained one up with nice IVs, beneficial nature, good ability and an handy egg move. Just need to get the final stat modifying berry to add to my collection. Let the games begin!
-
Yeah, I've never bred a shiny tbh, even with the shining charm. Let me just finish punishing the champion and I'll letcha have your 'mon
-
Finally taking that long walk down Victory Road... @X-13 have 'mon can trade whenever you loike! Also need to do a trade back to turn this shiny Graveller I just caught into a shiny Golem.
-
Does that particular fix require a certain kitchen utensil? It could get messy
-
Heads-up: FIXED! Pokémon X & Y Patch Now Available On The 3DS eShop - 3DS News @ Nintendo Life (Feel free to 'thank' me or add to my Rep power for bringing you this game saving info. Hehe!)
-
Just pwning another gym with my Butterfree at the mo. Hehe. Um, no go for tomorrow I have visitors. Another time then.
-
Well done! Oh do you want these starters then?
