Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

AlfaTech

Members
  • Posts

    310
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by AlfaTech

  1. New Ninty development in the pipeline called Nintendo NX: The 'NX' is Nintendo's next-gen console, and it may be revealed next year | Consoles News | TechRadar Is it a next gen console, is it a Ninty OS, is it a cloud-streaming gaming platform? I guess we'll just have to wait and see what's NeXt.
  2. Erm... OK I'll erm book some holiday. Immediately!!! I really enjoyed HL1.
  3. I still haven't played HL2, I have it on Steam but not got around to installing it.
  4. AlfaTech

    LAN Events

    Yeah me too, I used to go to one fortnightly in Charmouth back in the days of Doom and Hexen and I was running a 386 DX. I wouldn't mind getting back into the LAN gaming scene again.
  5. I'm ready, bring it on!!! Playing through GTA IV (with half dozen Alfa mods thrown in the mix) even though its on the highest possible settings even this game is beginning to look dated now. These new screenshots look lursh!
  6. No? Really. I wondered if they had/were going to make this into a film, I never expected a series. I'm up to book 5 - The Fires of Heaven now, but I read the prequel too. I don't mind the small print, but it was part of the reason I upgraded my phone to a slightly lager screen (from a Samsung Ace Plus to S3). I've read all 5 books of A Song of Fire and Ice on it too.
  7. I spotted this a few days ago and was very tempted but alas I am content in my current position and have some 'interesting' projects coming up. Just thought I'd throw it out to the EduGeek community: Network & Systems Engineer - Marlborough College - £25-30k
  8. Rockstar are slack and traitors to their roots and die-hard PeeCee player-base. Not to mention releases that never even make to the PeeCee (i.e. Red Dead Redemption, I still really wanna play that).
  9. I was playing through Pokemon Alpha Sapphire, but have kinda lost momentum and not played it in weeks. I am now mostly reading the Wheel of Time series on my phone.
  10. AlfaTech

    New 3DS thread!

    I can't get the New 3DS... I just can't do away with my Limited Edition Red Pokemon Y 3DS XL, and don't want 3 3DSes. I know I haven't owned it long but I'm also thinking of selling my WiiU as it's only collecting dust, maybe I'll wait for the next Zelda game to come out first but then again I'm losing interest in Ninty.
  11. AlfaTech

    World of Tanks

    Sorry, did you say 'losing' credits?!! Funny you should say that, my ELC AMX was hunted down and brutally raped by a Chaffee last night. So from that point on I resolutely decided that I need a Chaffee, I will start working on getting one tonight. I just need an extra slot and don't have enough gold left so I might sell my pathetic Tier II premium German tank that was given to me.
  12. This laptop has a backlit keyboard too (but it's white not red)... oh well given the extra time and upgraded hardware I think I'll have a blast through on GTA IV and see what it was meant to look and play like. Might add some mods so I can drive a couple of Alfa Romeos around too.
  13. Gigabyte P35X v3. It is quite literally beyond awesome! I think my mate with his ageing desktop gaming rig has stopped talking to me now.
  14. AlfaTech

    World of Tanks

    Thanks for posting that guide Tall_Paul it was most informative and helped me on my way After a couple of months of playing (freemium) my garage is now full of tier IV/V tanks and I've joined a clan too (unfortunately they're not very active atm but show promise) and play in platoons occasionally. I did buy some gold to open up a couple of extra slots and play a couple of days of premium, but to be honest I'm fine playing it as a free account. I also had to upgrade my hardware as I was tired of playing between 5-20 fps, my new lappie roasts it at a most acceptable 60-70 fps on maximum settings. Favourite tank so far? It's gotta be the ELC AMX I got an Ace Mastery in it a couple of days ago, and my little Matilda is a force to be reckoned with.
  15. Meh, and I've just bought a new laptop with a GeForce GTX 980M 8GB so I could play it
  16. Well that rules out my old Dell XPS lappie with its GeForce 420M then lol. At least it'll give me time to organise a more up-to-date gaming rig before it's release date.
  17. Nope nor did I. Like you I gave the 3DS demo a shot and found it way too repetitive and too small even on an XL so thought I'd wait till it came out on the WiiU now I'm not the least big fussed tbh... I guess I will just stick with Pokemon Alpha Sapphire for now.
  18. Ooh this could be my gateway back home (to Exeter area), just gotta foot an 8-10k paycut. But not a terrible rate for an ICT Tech in that part of the world tho... one day left. Hmm!
  19. Ooh I got a WiiU fairly recently, but it's mainly collecting dust. Add me to the clan for a bit of MK8 action sometime NNID = Kitalon
  20. AlfaTech

    World of Tanks

    I was very sceptical at first but a friend recently talked me into trying this and you know what, it's pretty good. Obviously the best part being that it's a free-to-play mmo (I see no point or need to buy 'gold') and the best way to play is to team up and form a platoon with 1 or 2 buddies. If anyone wants to team up sometime gimme a shout
  21. AlfaTech

    INGRESS

    This is how we roll!
  22. AlfaTech

    INGRESS

    One of our local lads has just got his 150 day guardian, I'm not really that fussed about it tbh. I've already got an onix badge for recharging (almost twice over) thanks to the increased decay rates. lol You still thinking of doing your Op bruv? Have you seen that they are planning to cover the entire UK in the Union Flag for Remembrance Day... it's quite an undertaking that's sure gonna take some coordination - across factions. Ooher!
  23. AlfaTech

    INGRESS

    And portal decay rates return to normal, thank goodyness for that!
  24. AlfaTech

    INGRESS

    Yep, definitely! I was also instrumental in taking down/blocking the mega-field that was put up over the Interitus anomaly event in London. I had been battling several different smurfs throughout the day around Stonehenge and didn't even realise what was going on until they finally managed to get the field up. But my main man (scunc) went to take it down from its SW anchor and I laid blockers to stop it going back up. He managed to get a medal for that event but I didn't - not that I minded much, I was just glad that he got one because he was new to the game. I think I must have beaten all the local smurfs as they seem to have given up bothering now, either that or they are sulking. They must realise that Resistance is futile. lol
  25. AlfaTech

    INGRESS

    Haha, my local smurfs just helped me win a medal So there are these events in Ingress called anomalies where 100s of agents from both factions battle it out over a small geographical area. I was quite tempted to go along - well just because I liked the medal you got for it really - but I couldn't get the time off. However some sneaky little smurfs were planning on ruining the day by erecting a mega-field right over the whole event in London, but there was one fatal flaw to their Plan A the field was supposed to run through my territory. As my anchor portals started falling at 5pm to different smurfs I realised that something 'big' was going on, so I took a 3 hour drive home in the wrong direction and laid loads of blockers and totally thwarted their futile attempt. Muhahaha! And at the end of the day I got a Helios medal for my efforts. Huzzah! LOL X-D
×
×
  • Create New...