Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

AlfaTech

Members
  • Posts

    310
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by AlfaTech

  1. OK I was considering this the other day XB1 or PS5? So I went for a complete curve ball and bought a WiiU off eBay - my first home console since the SNES. My reasoning is that I wanted something I could play with friends when they came over, if I wanna play me only/online games then I've still got my PeeCee.
  2. Been waiting, never gave up. I recon that I'd be able to play GTA3, VC, SA and GTA4 though again in that time tho.
  3. ...And finally we get a release date for the PeeCee - 27 January 2015 (and XB1 + PS4). GTA 5 PS4 and Xbox One release date is November 18, January 27 for PC | News | TechRadar
  4. Well Pokéfans here we go again with the remakes of the good ole Gameboy Advance classics Pokémon Ruby & Sapphire for the 3DS, due out on the 28th November 2014. Pokémon Alpha Sapphire and Omega Ruby have been given the whole X/Y 3D treatment and they're adding a whole load more mega-evolutions and primal forms for the Groudon and Kyogre legendaries. I admit that even as a long time fan of the series (has it really be 18 years!?!) I struggled to keep up the momentum with X/Y after completing the main story this time. I have at least imported all my L100 competition 'mon to their new home (in my 3DS XL). But I am eagerly awaiting this remastered nostalgia trip back to the Hoenn Region again, bring it on! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kLmpdys2iaI
  5. AlfaTech

    INGRESS

    Well no, it 'should' have been a 2 hour drive, but I left at 6 and got to my destination portal at 10. I got a little distracted on the way. How you guys coping with the 3rd a day decay rate up there?
  6. AlfaTech

    INGRESS

    My mate is in Jersey at the moment and he's just made a lovely field across the channel using two of my anchor portals down in Dorset I did have to take a 2+ hour drive to rebuild one of them on Saturday, but it's all gud. I also made a set of fields this morning totalling about 55,000 mu Game on!
  7. AlfaTech

    INGRESS

    Well I'm pretty rural down here so I fill the gaps in between the urban areas My largest field was 38,589 mu, and I'm currently holding up 59,360 mu with all my fields combined - I seem to be the only ENL adding to the score in our cell. lol You're right tho @Garacesh maybe I need to go back out there and wreck some smurf fields again.
  8. AlfaTech

    INGRESS

    Yeah everything around here is green for miles too thankfully the smurfs give me something to do from time to time. Just gonna head out and make a 14,000 mind unit (mu) field just for fun.
  9. AlfaTech

    INGRESS

    The servers seem pretty busy with the new intake, been experiencing problems especially at peak-times with ghost links/field remaining after portals have been destoryed and not being able to link across them (it takes about 5-10min for them to clear at times). Unfortunately and rather typically the area is now swarming with loads of new smurflets, hardly any new ENL around here, if any at all. We have a smurfestation, we're absolutely overun with 'em!
  10. AlfaTech

    INGRESS

    No problem.
  11. AlfaTech

    INGRESS

    Can't you 'Submit Portal' on the iOS version by long pressing a location on the scanner then? I know that there is currently a 4-6 month waiting list for them to be accepted, I've just had 8 accepted that I submitted back in March.
  12. AlfaTech

    INGRESS

    Na, it's fine (so long as you don't flip a portal to the opposite faction, but don't worry about that right now). Just work through the tutorial, hack portals and look for white ones to capture.
  13. AlfaTech

    INGRESS

    Don't talk to me about these new decay rates
  14. AlfaTech

    INGRESS

    Hooray, you've made the right choice! Have fun, and let us know how you get on. If you need to know anything just ask.
  15. AlfaTech

    INGRESS

    Its quite funny how the story is progressing even many in the Resistance now don't know if they can or want to trust ADA (A Detection Algorithm) the A.I. monster that they've unleashed upon humanity, which believes it now supersedes mankind. So far beyond a general 'fear of the unknown' the Shapers (whoever or whatever they are) have posed no obvious threat and have only served to help civilizations through the ages. In this sci-fi story as with many, the biggest threat to mankind is mankind it's self, or mankind's creation. It kinda reminds me of Terminator where ADA is like Skynet. "All humans must die!". "Resistance is futile!" lol
  16. AlfaTech

    INGRESS

    Well lets put it this way, the Enlightened want use exotic matter (xm) to help evolve mankind to a higher level. Whereas the Resistance have created an A.I. that want's to evolve itself and doesn't care about humanity. The initial choice in the game is a bit misleading as it doesn't really give you any kind of picture of the back-story. Enlightened are positive forward thinkers, whereas the Resistance are rather backward and fearful (unfortunately as the story unfolds the resistance have become a bigger threat to humanity through supporting and unleashing the megalomaniac A.I. known as ADA.) On another level the different factions seem to attract different types of people, but that is just an observation. So I suppose you need to ask yourself do you consider your self 'enlightened' or 'resistant'? Or maybe you just prefer a warm green to a cold blue. lol
  17. AlfaTech

    INGRESS

    ...And it's finally here for those Apple folk: Ingress for iPhone, iPad, etc It looks like they're resetting the game for your guys, decay rates have increased from 7 days to 3 days. Come and join the fun! JOIN (GREEN) ENLIGHTENED!
  18. AlfaTech

    INGRESS

    That sounds quite a bind bruv, sorry to hear it We made a concerted effort to destroy any local L7/L8 smurf farms in our area, now as soon as there's a whiff of one popping up we're on it! It's our little game of whack-a-smurf and we're often fighting to get there first. Our own town and nearby town's farms are always L7 and occasionally become L8, but we have a permanent L8 ENL farm in Swindon now-a-days (I pop up there once a week). Yeah Ingress is great fun for all the family, gets you fit walking everywhere, out and about and visiting new places you never knew about, really social when you meet up with your fellow team-mates (and dare I say is cross-faction meetings). What's more it's free to play (not factoring in other costs like buying a power-pack for your phone, or draining away litres of fuel as in my case). I'm liking the introduction of 8 new extra honoury levels (9-16) so the level bashing is back so it doesn't as stale as when it all plateaued out at L8, regional scoring has also made a massive difference and gives you something to aim for and makes the game more what it's supposed to be about - capturing mind units for your faction - although how you play it is up to you.
  19. AlfaTech

    INGRESS

    We're surrounded on every side, I'm daily battling about 6 different smurfs to the East of our territory - it's gr8 fun. First time I played this I was seriously outnumbered and it was just me against all of them on both sides. But now we have an excellent team of 3 L8 ENL in my home town plus but some very strong alliances with 3 nearby towns including Swindon (which used to be totally dominated by the blues but is now all green - how times have changed). So we've finally got the RES on a back foot in our cell, but you can't stop 'em whinging and name-calling tho. lol
  20. AlfaTech

    INGRESS

    Well Ingress is just one (of many) good reasons to go 'Droid But seriously though, the wait will soon be over for all you iPhone users - and don't forget to join the 'right' side and "be Enlightened", not the default over-populated, troglodyte, regressive resistance.
  21. AlfaTech

    INGRESS

    Yep, me too - my m8 was helping with a local (well UK) blocking field for the op. I wonder if the iOS brigade are going to be the heralds for the alleged 3rd faction.
  22. AlfaTech

    INGRESS

    ROTFL X-D It's not so difficult to get in to Stonehenge when one of ur m8s is a security guard, I can legitimately get in when Joe Public go home anyway, and I know a few of the druids too ;-) Besides everyone had to be off-site by 11am and I was clearly there before that. Yeah I made a mistake once but have since repented, deleted my old account and play this game fairly now so there's no need to flame me on random forums across the Internet grumpysmurf. There ain't no spots on this Kit :-p lol
  23. AlfaTech

    INGRESS

    Its human nature I guess, stick a different colour on another and call them your enemy and they will behave that way and feel perfectly justified in doing it. Perhaps that's the hidden danger of this kind of game, especially when some (a minority I hope) take it too far. As much as we deride the other side at the end of the day we are all just people and this is 'just a game', so why not just have some of fun, respect others and not take it all too seriously. Also I've noticed that the fella who's so nasty to me all the time only seems to be like that from behind the safety of his comms (or talking about me behind my back, even to my friends) but when I see him on the street he's full of (fake) smiles. I'm not nasty to him, I wish him no ill will, I smile back and say 'hello'. (But then I'm Enlightened aren't I!)
  24. AlfaTech

    INGRESS

    Yep, same here. I can think of only once nice chap in our area who's on the 'wrong' team (and I've tried to enlighten him and get him to switch factions), the rest are unfortunately rather nasty pieces of work - one of whom is utterly obnoxious to me on comm regularly (so I keep him locked away, trapped under my green fields). Funnily enough I met up with a couple of Enlightened agents at lunchtime today and we were talking about the very same thing. I went to a L8 Farm in Newbury last week and there was outrage amongst the smurfs that 'I' was there - they want me to quit (but I won't). Oh well c'est la vie. It doesn't really bother me nor spoil my enjoyment of the game anyway, it just makes me laugh that I get them so hot under the collar lol. Game on!
  25. AlfaTech

    INGRESS

    Yeah that is good! I only restarted since February but my local (and regional) smurfs absolutely hate me so they help me to level up even quicker by smashing up my home town. lolz. I like smurfs, they make me laugh (and these ones seem to take this game way too seriously) I'm just having fun!
×
×
  • Create New...