Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

AlfaTech

Members
  • Posts

    310
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by AlfaTech

  1. AlfaTech

    INGRESS

    Yep, that was when I was L8... I'm now 600k off L10 (I have all the badges already) just need the smurfs to come and smash up my home town a couple more times. lol.
  2. AlfaTech

    INGRESS

    Yup. I set myself a little project to make this on the day of the Event - Operation Flint Arrowhead.
  3. AlfaTech

    INGRESS

    I was told that I was going to get one and that we were famous, but I didn't get one in the end - I'm just glad my m8 got a badge, he was the one who took down the field, then I blocked it from Stonehenge. But if it wasn't for me battling those two smurfs who kept taking my fields down that mega-field would've gone up a lot sooner (like 2 hours sooner!). So I guess I'm the unsung hero, although I was thanked on comm by several people. Shame I didn't get the badge tho, but it doesn't really matter to me anyway. Hey if you want to add me I'm +Maester E on G+
  4. Yep sure thing, no problem!
  5. Gahh!
  6. AlfaTech

    INGRESS

    They have now added the Glyph Game, which gives you bonus kit especially helpful when dirty-hacking. They've also released capsules to help transfer kit between agents and you no longer have to drop your keys on the ground to hack other ones. Although they've seriously upped the mitigation of shields they have also released Ultra Strikes to the rest of us (without Motorola phones). It is true that his game is heavily weighted to the default side - the smurfs, but that's not always the case in some areas. I'm still pretty much outnumbered, but I now have an ally in my area and we are able to totally dominate both our local town and pretty much all of the county (with a bit of coordination and strategic driving here and there). Last week my town suffered 3 total destructions in 2 days and I was out there battling them on the streets, but everything was back up within an hour of them leaving. I did quit the game for a while and have started again but since I've been away places that were pretty much permanently blue (such as Swindon & Wiltshire, Exeter...) are now very green, so it's totally flipped around. There is now more to do after L8 as they have now added up to 16 levels so the level grind is back. (Since February I'm L9 going on L10 already - thanks to the smurfs repeatedly smashing up my town). Beyond that I get involved in big ops. I was involved in the Interitus event but wasn't in London, between me and my ally we smashed and blocked an 8 million mega-field blanketing London from Wiltshire on the day of the event - he even got a medal for it and he wasn't even in London. lol
  7. I want the remake of Alpha Sapphire for one reason, to get me a un uber-bulky thunder wielding drizzle initiating Kyogre with gr8 IVs for a trick-room team. Am I the only one who enjoyed playing Sapphire then? I loved the new mechanics in it, introduction of 'abilities' and 'natures', IVs and EV training and ribbons where great - well I thought so anyway. I'm definitely ready for this trip down memory lane tbh (just me then?).
  8. AlfaTech

    INGRESS

    It transpires that the Resistance are now backing an even bigger threat to humanity - A.I. which want's to take over the world and doesn't need/want humans!!! The Shapers seem to only want to help and aid humanity in progress and enlightenment (and yes probably towards their own ends, but hey they've guided civilizations for millennia anyway). Unfortunately the majority of folk seem to default to Resistance faction - which there are too many by far to make this game balanced. C'mon guys 'n gals don't give into the fear join Enlightened the future of humanity depends on you and stopping this upcoming human made A.I. apocalypse of the Resistances. Be Enlightened the Truth is out there! Theres never been a better time to switch factions.
  9. I'll trade you something interesting to use if you like
  10. Hehe thanks. Well mines well above that spec. Most odd. Oh well.
  11. Not exactly sure, but it just runs at a dire frame rate even on the lowest settings. Like I say Skyrim runs very well and looks fantastic. Out of interest what is the recommended specs for ESO? (And bandwidth)
  12. Well after extensively playing the beta, but then seeing the excessive amount of money it will cost to buy/play this game - and how poorly it runs on my system I regret to say I will not be participating in ESO (Skyrim works just great for me). I just don't like the multiplayer chaos which unfortunately subtracts from the traditional Elder Scrolls experience for me and it no longer plays like an ES game (yes it has elements) but it has sold-out to become just another hack, slay MMO. Shame that. As a long-time fan of the ES series I was looking forward to it, but never mind aye each to their own I guess.
  13. Been doing a lot of battling in the Battle Mansion, got up to 39 consecutive wins in super singles I'm pretty narked by the change to the game mechanics to do with weather effects being non-permanent, i.e. when brought about by a PKMN with a sandstream ability (such as Hippowdon/Tryanitar). Its completely messed up my Sand Storm team now and my favourite little Sand Rush Excadrill physical sweeper gets totally caught with his pants down when the sandstorm suddenly stops! Meh! Oh well back to the drawing board I guess.
  14. But what I wanna know is are there any Alfa Romeos?
  15. I can't remember how many eggs it took, I barely remember breeding it, but it's got my name attached to it as the Original Trainer, so I must've bred it. I vaguely remember that it wasn't that many eggs, something like 20-30 or so, bred with a Japanese Ditto. Sorry to be so vague. Well I've been gone and done it now, last night I shamelessly raped my PKMN White + White 2 cartridges Now I have 50 level 100 Pokemons to play with. Of course the downside is I'll never again be able to battle with them in W/W2, which is a bit of a shame 'cos I won't be able to have incidental Wireless/IR battles with friends using my 3DSs/DSi anymore. Oh well that's progress, I suppose. On a plus side it's much easier to build teams with them all in one place - living in my new 3DS XL.
  16. OK how random is this, I get back home to find a letter sent to me from the Pokémon Company in America. Enclosed are a few PKMN energy cards - tho I never play the card game. But how bizzare! And how'd they get my address, spooky.
  17. Oh yeah just remembered, I need to raise my shiny Charmander into a shiny Charizard Y I managed to breed one, but totally forgot I had it. I really need to import my competitive battling teams over in to X, especially now that Ninty are cancelling all 'online' services for the Wii and DS. Even though my favorite battles have been face to face, we can kiss goodbye to Online Tournaments for previous gens.
  18. Yeah I too haven't played PKMN in a few months, I started playing Ingress (until I got banned), then I went on to Travian (which I'm now playing most the time atm). I do keep meaning to revisit my little 'mons, honest! Maybe if I make myself an objective to complete the National Dex by the end of the month then it'll spur me back into action. If you want to restart I'm happy to look after your torchic/celebi and any 'mon you want to keep then trade back later Yeah I know what you mean it does seem slower to level them up in X/Y I used to be able to make L100s over a weekend, certainly in the last gen. Hmm, all this talk of PKMN is making me want to have some battles!
  19. I was playing the beta of Elder Scrolls Online over the weekend (the second time around so far), its OK... but. Don't get me wrong I'm a big fan of ES and I've played them all since Daggerfall (never bothered with Arena) and love them all. I'm not exactly sure what to make of ESO being an MMO, it certainly has changed the 'feel' of the game to a great extent. Although the elements of ES are there and there are some interesting new game mechanics which I guess are needed to make it more suited to multi-player. Unfortunately I found it rather difficult to progress that far as a single player (yeah, I know its not designed to be) as you need to seek reliance on others to come to your aid to clear dungeons, constantly having to ask around 'can I join your team?', etc. In comparison to other ES games it does feel quite linear. But then I guess these are all sacrifices we have to make for the XBox generation. Will I get it on release? Hmm maybe, but probabaly not - my PC can run Skyrim Hi-Res no problem but struggles desperately even on the lowest of low settings for ESO (What's going on here Bethesda?).
  20. Yeah actually you've got a point there, it's probably time to replay GTA IV now. I've played through all the rest of them at least twice. I did start GTAIII on my phone (out of interest to see it work) but that was just stoopid - much better on a PC any day.
  21. Yeah I've been looking forward to playing Red Dead like forever... but why oh why can't we get it?!! I don't even 'want' a console. I couldn't even if I did as the missus uses the TV, which is why I play on my laptop.
  22. Nope, still waiting for it to come out (for the PeeCee)
  23. When I tried to launch Pokemon X it informed me that there was an update and wouldn't load until I downloaded it. It now says I'm on Pokemon X 1.1. lol
  24. Lucario, thats dellcatty the truth, I skiddo not. Furfrou information it might sound oddish but I breed 'n train them all m'azelf. I machamp not a chump!
  25. Ho oh! Zapdos supposed to be funny was it?!! You must be burmy, theres not a chancey I'd ever use hacked 'mon in a battle. I prefer to celebi-rate my victini without resorting to such scrafty means.
×
×
  • Create New...